AU Colour Story Release Dates

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_bailey
Ahh I got Gilded Ash Metal X, its SO pretty and ive been wearing it a bit, im very pleased with it. I also got cocomotion and spiritualize. I really need to stop buying MAC and start buying christmas presents, stupid monogram collection!

Once I saw Reflects Bronze, all other Metal-x pigments look bleh to me, but I still bought Spritualize anyway! I am a bit slow when it comes to buying stuff though. When I realize I want something, it is either sold out or the collection is over!

Lyssah

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambibabe
I am a nightowl
greengrin.gif

Sorry simplyenchantin, I was so busy yapping with MUA, totally forgot to ask about Little Darlings. I got many eyeshadows too, but not in Browns and Grays. Now I have the Smokey Palette, that will fulfill all my gray needs lol.
Yeah, ring the store. Unfortunately, they won't hold anything from the Holiday range, so once you know the availablity, you have to go and get it quickly!

Anyone looking for Barbie Loves MAC doll? A little bird told me Melbourne PRO store found a couple of dolls sitting at the back
smiles.gif

I called this morning about the BLMac Doll and I think I spoke to Sarah - she said she didn't have any instock and isn't sure where they were shipped off too...
ssad.gif

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxaemia
I called this morning about the BLMac Doll and I think I spoke to Sarah - she said she didn't have any instock and isn't sure where they were shipped off too...
ssad.gif

Oh I am sorry! Dee told me on Friday that they found them and if I wanted one, it was $85! Perhaps they decided to keep them
sneaky.gif
?

simplyenchantin

Wow that's an expensive doll!

Quote:
Once I saw Reflects Bronze, all other Metal-x pigments look bleh to me, but I still bought Spritualize anyway! I am a bit slow when it comes to buying stuff though. When I realize I want something, it is either sold out or the collection is over!

We sound so alike! I loved the Reflects Bronze too but I probably wouldn't use it enough.. I ended up getting Metalblu, Forged Rose and Verdigris coz I always decide too late into a collection that I like something and then it's sold out
ssad.gif
I let my favourite MUA talk me into buying all three hehe.
th_DANCE.gif

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyenchantin
Wow that's an expensive doll!

We sound so alike! I loved the Reflects Bronze too but I probably wouldn't use it enough.. I ended up getting Metalblu, Forged Rose and Verdigris coz I always decide too late into a collection that I like something and then it's sold out
ssad.gif
I let my favourite MUA talk me into buying all three hehe.
th_DANCE.gif

I am so glad I am not the only one, simplyenchantin! It is annoying how MAC Australia website decided to do the spring clean and got rid of all the old collections, without putting them in Bye-Byes (or ask me first lol). Today I asked my MUA about Starflash Grand Entrance and she opened the old LE draw and showed me all the stuff they have been keeping in there. Instead of keeping them there, they should pass them onto MAC royal customers like us!
tong.gif
Ohh how are you planning to wear your Metalblu? I got everything except Metalblu.

simplyenchantin

Quote:
I am so glad I am not the only one, simplyenchantin! It is annoying how MAC Australia website decided to do the spring clean and got rid of all the old collections, without putting them in Bye-Byes (or ask me first lol). Today I asked my MUA about Starflash Grand Entrance and she opened the old LE draw and showed me all the stuff they have been keeping in there. Instead of keeping them there, they should pass them onto MAC royal customers like us!
tong.gif
Ohh how are you planning to wear your Metalblu? I got everything except Metalblu.

Haha yeah you're not the only one :p I'm still annoyed about the cool pigment set, I've been convinced that it's sold out everywhere.

I found a jar of oldish LE collections testers and the MUA said they still have some bits and peices of emanuel ungaro and stuff that they can still sell.

As for the eyeshadows
oh.gif
I'm a bit weird, I just decided that I liked those three colours together so I asked my MUA if it'd be too weird and she actually came up with something nice! She put Forged Rose all over the lid kind of as a base, then patted the Metalblu into the corner of my eye and into my crease and then used the Verdigris as a liner.. it was a bit colourful but the colours are fairly sheer so it looked okay! A bit of mascara certainly finished it well.

My mum got Gilded Ash and it looked super awesome as a base under Satin Taupe as well, so most likely I'll use them as bases with similar colours on top.
smiles.gif

Also I just love blues, when I experiment a bit more with it I'll let you know what works for me.. I might try Metalblu with Freshwater and Parrot or some other teal-ish colours. Hope that helps!

sambibabe

Oh Ungaro is not that old, but I saw Neo Sci Fi stuff!

Have you tried DJ, simplyenchantin? If I can't find stuff at Myer Melbourne, DJ next door has it.

Hmm.. You are not convincing me to get Metalblu!!!! I didn't get it last year and I am not getting it this year either!! But then I might change my mind again, if I see your FOTD heehee

MrsMay

Quote:

Hmm.. You are not convincing me to get Metalblu!!!! I didn't get it last year and I am not getting it this year either!! But then I might change my mind again, if I see your FOTD heehee

hehehe... Sambibabe is so going to end up getting Metalblu!!!
th_LMAO.gif
Stay strong!

sambibabe

Are you suuuuure MrsMay? Gilded Ash would look great on you!!
winks.gif
What about Cremesheen? Monogram will be released at DJ this week grrr

MrsMay

Quote:
Are you suuuuure MrsMay? Gilded Ash would look great on you!!
winks.gif
What about Cremesheen? Monogram will be released at DJ this week grrr

I looked at them, and reminded myself that these babies crease!!!!!

I also looked at cremesheen, and the only colour I actually liked was Brave Red, and my MA is holding that for me so I can B2M for that this week
winks.gif

Regarding Monogram, I think I have managed to talk myself out of that whole collection...

sambibabe

I have so many primers and bases, so I will have to see if this year's formula is any better..

Wow.. you like dark lips, right?
winks.gif

Lyssah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMay
I looked at them, and reminded myself that these babies crease!!!!!

I also looked at cremesheen, and the only colour I actually liked was Brave Red, and my MA is holding that for me so I can B2M for that this week
winks.gif

Regarding Monogram, I think I have managed to talk myself out of that whole collection...

Well done - I admire your strength!
winks.gif

Brave Red would look stunning on you!! They're great lipsticks!!

I love the look of Metalblu - but it's just not worth it - Metal X just doesn't do it for me!

MrsMay

Quote:
Wow.. you like dark lips, right?
winks.gif

Yep, I love my red lippies, but I dont wear them that often, perhaps once a fortnight or so? Maaaaaaaaybe once a week if I'm lucky
winks.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxaemia
Well done - I admire your strength!
winks.gif

Brave Red would look stunning on you!! They're great lipsticks!!

I love the look of Metalblu - but it's just not worth it - Metal X just doesn't do it for me!

aww thanks! I did like the opacity, but wasnt impressed by most of the colours
th_dunno.gif

Metalblu does look stunning (as did Gilded Ash, Verdigris and Gold Spice) however I have absolutely no time for something that is probably going to crease on me! I put up with creasing for waaaaaaaaaaay too long until I found UDPP!

sambibabe

I bought a Ben Nye palette from ebay today and she also had Mehron pastel palette for $39.00. Spectrolite said Metal x shadows don't crease with Mehron base, so I am going to try!

Paramnesia

I love red lipstick, i think i might give a MAC one a go, i have bare slimshine and it doesnt hurt my lips too much but doesn't stay on.

I'm feeling pretty good about avoiding the upcoming collections none really interest me.

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paramnesia
I love red lipstick, i think i might give a MAC one a go, i have bare slimshine and it doesnt hurt my lips too much but doesn't stay on.

I'm feeling pretty good about avoiding the upcoming collections none really interest me.

How about MAC prep&prime for lips? Or even tinted lip moisturizer?

miss_bailey

Is Monogram Dj's exclusive?
If so thats so annoying the DJ's by me doesnt have a MAC so I'll have to go into the city. I dont really like buying online unless I've already seen the products IRL cause those swatches they use are rubbish.

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_bailey
Is Monogram Dj's exclusive?
If so thats so annoying the DJ's by me doesnt have a MAC so I'll have to go into the city. I dont really like buying online unless I've already seen the products IRL cause those swatches they use are rubbish.

Apparently! I only got lip products online, but I am going to see sheerspark powders at DJ this weekend. Don't think I will get any though.