AU Colour Story Release Dates

sambibabe

Dame Edna and Chill won't be released here until mid January. My MUA suggested to be at the launch night to grab everything, especially HK collection. The official launch date for Dame Edna in US is not until 26th of December though.. I think US stores do have them a week before 26th, which should be today!

BTW.. wow about your $100 voucher, miss_bailey! Hubby scored Myer $50 today, so I just got back from MAC. Apparently MAC at Myer stores open till 12am tonight and my MUA asked me to come by, if I wanted some eye make-over. Hmmm.. maybe I should have stayed, but the longer I stayed there, the more I spend money!

myystiqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Dame Edna is out Jan 12th.

ohhh.... cool!!!!! ^^

thanks for the info..

i'll be sure to grab everything i need @ launch night....

miss_bailey

What about BBR? I think thats gonna be the budget killer this year.
Anyone have a clue about when that will be out here?

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_bailey
What about BBR? I think thats gonna be the budget killer this year.
Anyone have a clue about when that will be out here?

Yeah, now I am gearing more towards BBR than HK.. Since it is coming out in Jan in US, wouldn't it be released in Feb here? Just before HK?

miss_bailey

That would make sense If MAC release these on the same day here I will die.
And then I will grimace and bear it.
I was looking at HK today in detail and I think really there is only a couple of things I'll get (of what I've seen so far). I dont want any of the pallettes because I never use them when there packaged like that, I was hoping it would just be a normal quad, plus the colours arent really my thing. BBR I know i want all the MSF's and a couple of the eyeshadows. AND all the brushes. I love me some brushes.

sambibabe

I think HK eyeshadows are dupable, but I am getting those anyway. I am not crazy about the packaging either, but if I don't get them, I will regret later! I might get:
* all of the lipsticks and lipglasses (I am a lipstick junkie)
* all of the pigments and glitters (If I haven't got them already)
* One of the beauty powders
* Two Dazzleglasses from HK Kouture ( these come with Swarovski crystals)
* One of the mystery powder (now this will be expensive)
* A purse mirror
Lucky my birthday is in March
tong.gif

myystiqueen

Quote:
That would make sense If MAC release these on the same day here I will die.
And then I will grimace and bear it.
I was looking at HK today in detail and I think really there is only a couple of things I'll get (of what I've seen so far). I dont want any of the pallettes because I never use them when there packaged like that, I was hoping it would just be a normal quad, plus the colours arent really my thing. BBR I know i want all the MSF's and a couple of the eyeshadows. AND all the brushes. I love me some brushes.

hhmmm..... BBR brushes are just too cute..... i have to get it... but i think only the face brush.... as for the MSF.... i don't know if i'm able to choose one out of the three.... >.< all of them are just perfect...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambibabe
I think HK eyeshadows are dupable, but I am getting those anyway. I am not crazy about the packaging either, but if I don't get them, I will regret later! I might get:
* all of the lipsticks and lipglasses (I am a lipstick junkie)
* all of the pigments and glitters (If I haven't got them already)
* One of the beauty powders
* Two Dazzleglasses from HK Kouture ( these come with Swarovski crystals)
* One of the mystery powder (now this will be expensive)
* A purse mirror
Lucky my birthday is in March
tong.gif

woohoo.. that's a lot..
i think i'm only going for :
- 3-4 lip products
- one of the beauty powders
- 1-2 dazzleglasses that come with swarovski...
- purse mirror
and perhaps some of the bag and other accessories... ^^

cassandra-ellen

Does anyone know when there will be any launch parties going on for any of the upcoming collections? I really want to go to one.

miss_bailey

IMHO, the launch parties are a bit of a a joke unless you go to a pro store. Dont bother at the counters. You get to see the products early and maybe get the chance of purchase, thats the only benefit really.

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassandra-ellen
Does anyone know when there will be any launch parties going on for any of the upcoming collections? I really want to go to one.

You either visit or ring the store close to the release date (for release dates of collections, you better check back here often lol) and they just invite you. Or get to know MUA at the MAC stores, ask them to take your details, then they will ring you up with information about upcoming launch nights, etc.

sambibabe

miss_bailey, go and open your MAC order! I just got mine and it has extra goodies!!~

Just kidding. I just opened mine, and I was trying to get you to open your box, before Christmas
greengrin.gif
I checked all the wrappers, just in case though!

miss_bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambibabe
miss_bailey, go and open your MAC order! I just got mine and it has extra goodies!!~

Just kidding. I just opened mine, and I was trying to get you to open your box, before Christmas
greengrin.gif
I checked all the wrappers, just in case though!

My eyes lit up no joke.
hahaha my mum would murder me!!

MrsMay

Quote:
IMHO, the launch parties are a bit of a a joke unless you go to a pro store. Dont bother at the counters. You get to see the products early and maybe get the chance of purchase, thats the only benefit really.

I actually like the launch parties at my local counter...

They have them after hours in Myers and the last one I went to (colour forms) had nibblies, champagne etc and the MA's were available to do makeovers etc.

sambibabe

Quote:
My eyes lit up no joke.
hahaha my mum would murder me!!

I tried to think of more substantial BS than 'extra goodies', but that might have gotten me into a trouble
girl_devil.gif
.. I think I am too spoilt by Korean cosmetic companies.. Everytime I order something, they gave me free makeup bags, lollies, mirror, socks, mascara, felt tip eyeliners, pencil liners, lipglosses, socks, hair accessories, skincare samples, cotton wipes, mask sheets.. LOL.. Now it has become a habit of me to check all the wrappers and packaging for the freebies.

miss_bailey

I demand freebies! Im actually hoping everything is there because I ordered Silver Fog Pigment but the day I sent the order I checked the site and it wasn't on there. Hopefully they can find one somewhere to send me or I'll cry. I need a silver pigment dammit! It happened to me last time with Your Ladyship too...

And MrsMay, the ones I have been to its been on thursdays so late night shopping and the whole store is still open so regular people that havent even paid can see the demos too. It gave me the shits and since I have sworn to never do it again. I wish my experiences were like yours though!!

sambibabe

I was hoping there would be a MAC postcard at least
ssad.gif
When I placed my order, I saw Silver Fog too. Let me know if you didn't get it.. I can check that out at the Pro store with my next trip there..

Oh, now I see where you are coming from.. I think the Melbourne store did the launch night after 6pm, so no passerbys could join in..

Paramnesia

Hmmm i'm too far away to go to one anyway, the last train home leaves at 6:30pm grrrrrrr stupid messed up public transport. All this BS about improving it is a liar lol.... all the funding/improvements are for geelong and of course ballarat.