AU Colour Story Release Dates

miss_bailey

I was trying to be good today whilst christmas shopping but acidently somehow managed to pick up NARS blade runner e/s duo (i just wanted the green side it drives me mad) and Ravishing Cremesheen. Which I am thinking of selling cause once I put it on realised it isnt really for me.

sambibabe

^^ I love how you said 'accidentally managed to pick up..' LOL..
Are you sure about Ravishing? I am NC20-25 and love Ravishing & Miss Dynamite together.

miss_bailey

Maybe Ill try that combo. Im just more of a neutral lip person (pinks and light peaches) I thought ravishing might be nice but I think its too dark for me. My sister laughed in my face when I asked her what she thought.

sambibabe

LOL @ your sister laughing at you, even though it wasn't very nice
greengrin.gif
Ravishing was my first Cremesheen purchase. I just jumped in and bought it without swatching it on. Don't you think it is a winter shade?
th_dunno.gif
Maybe because I got it during the winter here and wore it with peachy cheeks, and woolly jumpers!

Woohoo!! Just got my Christmas present! Well, I got them for myself (how sad).. A whole bunch of Make Up Forever samples and 50 sheets of Collagen masks! My face will be nicely plumped out while these last! My parents also came and dropped $100 for Xmas present. They said they didn't know what to get for me (doh) and hubby. Should I do the right thing and tell him about $100?

sambibabe

LOL.. While I was at the post office, hubby came back early and saw $100! It is still all mine and is going to the Pro store. Yay!! Have a Merry Christmas, everyone!!!

miss_bailey

Good on him for knowing what the right thing to do is.
I opened up all my goodies this morning. Mecca forgot an item though and I had to email them this morning which was a pain. Also I HATE the monogram sheerspark powders and want to return them, there so chalky and not pigmented and gross, not worth the money at all! I emailed MAC and asked if its possible. The packaing is so pretty though. But heavy.

My new love is the Yachiyo NARS brush and Albatros highlighter, LOVE.
hope everyones xmas was good and merry.

sambibabe

Did you swatch the Sheerspark powders? If you did, can you still return them? I hope you do..

Damn, so those ugly Yachiyo brushes do work? I might have to go to Mecca and check it out, but I don't really like checking stuff out at Mecca..

miss_bailey

oh god I know so exspensive! The brush IS kinda ugly but it cups the cheek so well and really picks up colour well. I usually use the 129 but I am liking it more than that.
I did swatch them, thats how I know they suck! I havent gotten a reply yet so we'll see. Im jealous of people in America who can just be like yeah I didnt like it and get a refund so easily.

myystiqueen

uhm... i'm new to this whole MAC collection thingy so i have no idea when they usually launch each collection.... say morning, afternoon or late evening....??

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_bailey
oh god I know so exspensive! The brush IS kinda ugly but it cups the cheek so well and really picks up colour well. I usually use the 129 but I am liking it more than that.
I did swatch them, thats how I know they suck! I havent gotten a reply yet so we'll see. Im jealous of people in America who can just be like yeah I didnt like it and get a refund so easily.

I emailed them once and never got the reply.. Wouldn't it faster to contact them by 1800 number, but then no one will be there until Monday? I agree about the sucky refund/exchange system here..

Hmm, how much was Yachiyo brush? When a girl used it on me, she twirl it inside the blush, like how you would make a fairyfloss.. I remember the colours on my cheeks were strong too, but then my cheeks always look better, when MUA apply blushes on for me. Maybe I need a better brush
yes.gif

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by myystiqueen
uhm... i'm new to this whole MAC collection thingy so i have no idea when they usually launch each collection.... say morning, afternoon or late evening....??

Evening.. Usually 6 or 6:30pm.. Melbourne anyway, not sure about other states..

Lyssah

Merry Xmas Everyone!!

A little off topic - but I brought a pan eyeshadow today and it's gone up in price! Has anyone else noticed this? When did this happen?

Paramnesia

Huh..... price rise.... nooooooooooooooooo..... ok yes just a little dramatic lol.

At lady at the Mecca at chadstone just attacked me with blush last time i went, i really hate how MUA apply blush on me.

How is Albatros, I really want a highlighter that looks natural.

myystiqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambibabe
Evening.. Usually 6 or 6:30pm.. Melbourne anyway, not sure about other states..

thanks for the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxaemia
Merry Xmas Everyone!!

A little off topic - but I brought a pan eyeshadow today and it's gone up in price! Has anyone else noticed this? When did this happen?

for real?? how much has it risen?? geee...

another 'a little off topic'... i just checked mac @ indonesia and the e/s (pot one) costs Rp190.000,00 = AU$25 = one pan e/s @ aussie... booo!!

myystiqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paramnesia
Huh..... price rise.... nooooooooooooooooo..... ok yes just a little dramatic lol.

At lady at the Mecca at chadstone just attacked me with blush last time i went, i really hate how MUA apply blush on me.

i heard the upcoming Highlighting Powder from Dame Edna is a good highlighter....

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxaemia
Merry Xmas Everyone!!

How much was it?

Paramnesia

Hmmmm well looks like I'll be doing all my MAC shopping online. I find the prices to high here anyway

I dunno why but i dont like the Dame Edna packaging, but i do like the look of the Wisteria Eye Trio, but wont get it coz they're frosty, I hate frosty shadows. I prefer mattes and satins.

miss_bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paramnesia

It is delicious. It looks really natural because theres no colour in it (its kinda vanilla-ish) I always discounted it thinking it would be glitter chunky cause thats what it always looks like to me but the first time i put it on my face I was just like ..wow now I get it. It just makes highlighting so easy.