AU Colour Story Release Dates

miss_bailey

I got to have a look at Dame Edna and Chill today. Packaging for Dame Edna is SO cute but in reality I think I'll only get the Wisteria Trio and a powder. The lips are all a bit colourfull for me. Also with chill I had planned on getting all the eyshadows but then I saw them in real life decided that Apres-Ski was too much like Coquette which I already have and Artic Grey looks alot like the grey in the Wisteria trio. The Pink looks alot like all the toher pinks I have and NARS nightclubbing is infinitley better than Mont Black. I might get Vellum though and deffinitley getting Reflects teal and some of the glosses. My favourite SA was like "I wonder if its too early to sell it to you but knowing my luck the manager will come back" so she didnt. I can wait though but it was nice to have a sneak peek.

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by myystiqueen
can't wait for dame edna.... what time do they usually come in?

The stores usually have the collection at least a week before the release date. They are not allowed to sell before the launching date, but if you go to your favorite MUA 2-3 days before, they will let you buy the products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_bailey
I got to have a look at Dame Edna and Chill today. Packaging for Dame Edna is SO cute but in reality I think I'll only get the Wisteria Trio and a powder. The lips are all a bit colourfull for me. Also with chill I had planned on getting all the eyshadows but then I saw them in real life decided that Apres-Ski was too much like Coquette which I already have and Artic Grey looks alot like the grey in the Wisteria trio. The Pink looks alot like all the toher pinks I have and NARS nightclubbing is infinitley better than Mont Black. I might get Vellum though and deffinitley getting Reflects teal and some of the glosses. My favourite SA was like "I wonder if its too early to sell it to you but knowing my luck the manager will come back" so she didnt. I can wait though but it was nice to have a sneak peek.

Since I won't be paying for the Dame Edna collection, I was going to get everything. Now, I am not sure.. I will definitely get all the lip stuff, but not sure about the powders as I read so many mixed reviews about them (more bad than good). So I will probably get one powder, two trios and lip glass from Chill. It is good that I couldn't order everything from US as my CP girl is moving.

miss_bailey

I've never done a Cp before but I might have to start soon what with the economy and all. How much cheaper is it with the exchange rate and shipping?
I have 18 empties that will be going B2M on monday when I go to buy chill and dame edna!!! yayy.

myystiqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambibabe
The stores usually have the collection at least a week before the release date. They are not allowed to sell before the launching date, but if you go to your favorite MUA 2-3 days before, they will let you buy the products.

since i'm new to MAC.... it's impossible for me to get those earlier....
ssad.gif

i really want to have some chats with the MA, but they are too 'busy' to be friendly enough.....
thmbdn.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_bailey
I've never done a Cp before but I might have to start soon what with the economy and all. How much cheaper is it with the exchange rate and shipping?
I have 18 empties that will be going B2M on monday when I go to buy chill and dame edna!!! yayy.

this is also myy first time to do a cp.... well, i got these 4 brushes and some BBR stuff :
- #168SH

and BBR :
- Henna e/s
- Marquise d' l/s
- Soft Wave l/g
- MSF Redhead

and she costs me US$166.70

they are all BNIB except for the #168SH because she had a friend @ MAC and she is willing to give her 10% off.....
yahoo.gif

the only thing i'm afraid of is they are somehow lost in the shipping process....

sambibabe

^^ You could have asked for the shipping insurace.. I normally get two collections & more and get them shipped by EMS, which comes with tracking number.

sambibabe

Dame Edna is up on the website! I am appalled by the price.. Dame Edna lipstick is still $14 in US (they also have 25% off at the moment), yet it is $41 in Australia? WTF?

Lyssah

sambibabe, do you know why it is $41 for the Dame Edna lipsticks? What is so special about it?

MrsMay

Quote:
Dame Edna is up on the website! I am appalled by the price.. Dame Edna lipstick is still $14 in US (they also have 25% off at the moment), yet it is $41 in Australia? WTF?

You've got to be kidding... *runs off to check*

Holy cow... they are too!
well if I cant B2M for Kanga-rouge then I'm skipping this collection completely!

sambibabe

toxaemia: I don't know.. maybe it has flimsy stickers and rhinestone thingy? Or MAC knows this collection is going to sell here, so they already increased the price?

Yeah, MrsMay.. I am not happy!! I was going to visit the Melbourne store this Saturday and get everything, but not anymore.. I hate to feel 'ripped off'. I was going to wean off MAC stuff after HK, but looks like I don't have to wait that long! I am not getting much from BBR and HK..

myystiqueen

ohhhh myyyyyyy....

$41 for a lipstick?????
WTF??

i'm not getting the lipstick,, but how bout the lipgloss???
and i can't imagine how much will the highlighting powder be.... curse you whoever set the price.....
angry.gif

btw..... will MAC exchange foundation or other face products that are too light or too dark which have been used (but slightly)??

sambibabe

Lipglass is $40! Highlight powder is $65 - the prices are available on MAC Australia site
smiles.gif

I don't think you can exchange used/swatched makeups here
ssad.gif

sambibabe

If MAC US increased the pricing, I could understand why MAC Australia had to follow. What I don't understand is - how come US pricing remains the same, but we have to pay extra for Dame Edna? Don't give me the bad currency exhange rate excuse, because I don't remember MAC Australia ever lowering the pricing when our dollar was more than 90 cents! If Dame Edna is this expensive, imagine how much HK stuff wil be!

nadiya

Whaat...?

Do they think they can charge anything they like just because Dame Edna is Australian?

I'm totally boycotting this.

simplyenchantin

Wow, $40 for a lipglass is absurd. They aren't extremely unique colours either! How about $68 for an eye trio!? The quads were only $72! That's a joke. I was hoping to get an eye trio and a couple of glosses but I think I'll pass. I hope you get to b2m for your lipstick, MrsMay!

sambibabe

LOL.. I was going to hit the Melbourne store this Saturday to grab Dame Edna, but I am boycotting MAC Australia too (well, Dame Edna anyway!
greengrin.gif
). Already organised CP for DE with 25% off and some BBR stuff (no 25% off
ssad.gif
).. I might still visit the store to grab some Chill lipgloss though!

Doubt you can B2M for DE lipsticks.. But MrsMay, you probably prefer to B2M for BBR lipsticks anyway
winks.gif

simplyenchantin,

myystiqueen

btw,, i just exchanged the MSFn that was too light for me.... from DJ's.... the MA was soo nice... ^^ and he got me medium dark instead of medium plus...

so far... he's the nicest MA i've ever dealt with.... the one with the long side-swept bangs

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by myystiqueen
btw,, i just exchanged the MSFn that was too light for me.... from DJ's.... the MA was soo nice... ^^ and he got me medium dark instead of medium plus...

so far... he's the nicest MA i've ever dealt with.... the one with the long side-swept bangs

Did you? That's good. Didn't know they exchange things. Ah, the gay guy?

myystiqueen

Quote:
Did you? That's good. Didn't know they exchange things. Ah, the gay guy?

yea... but i'm not sure about MYER though.....

yea yea... that guy.... lol - do you know his name??
there's this other guy who's alsoo nice.... i think he's some kind of asian... but not 100% sure.... the one with short and pretty neat hair...