AU Colour Story Release Dates

tana2210

Hi all anyone heard anything about pricing for HK?
I want to get something from all the upcoming collections so have to "budget"
Thanks

sambibabe

Just visited MAC Aust site to see if BBR was up.. Then I saw HK promotion instead. It says the collection will be out in Feb? What the? I was told it won't be coming out till March 16th?

Dorit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambibabe
Just visited MAC Aust site to see if BBR was up.. Then I saw HK promotion instead. It says the collection will be out in Feb? What the? I was told it won't be coming out till March 16th?

Yes, I saw that too. Strang...... will ask the staff on Monday.

So BBR is FINALLY coming out on Mon. I already picked my items, they are waiting for me in the draw hehe
graucho.gif
mac_haul.gif

MrsMay

^^ my store hasnt even received their shipment of BBR yet
ssad.gif

My MA is going to ring me as soon as they receive it so I can put a heap of stuff on hold...

cassandra-ellen

yeah, i saw that thing on the website to about it being feb. im thinking they may have just used the same code as they did for the american old mac site and forgot to change it.
does anyone know if there is a hk release party for melb. im thinking of calling, but havent had to much time lately. just wondering if anyone has heard anything

darkorchid

Have you seen the chaos of the US launch parties? MAAADNESS. Nothing has really impressed me from HK actually after seeing the swatches. I was thinking of going to Sydney Myer or DJs to see if I can get some stuff from BBR early - never done it before though - do you think I'll have any luck?

spectrolite

I went into Myer today after work to escape the weather and my lovelies there let me buy BBR and Creamsheen early >_<!! They didn't have all of the Creamsheen lippies yet but they had the glosses and I actually skipped them...(gotta save for Sugar Sweet + HK.) The texture was really nice I thought but they were small.

I did pick up a 224 and a 214 brush and Pincurl. I had a Myer One discount cupon burning a hole in my pocket.

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

I too have a Myer coupon + a $20 gift voucher, so with BBR I shall be receiving a fantasmic $50 off!!!!! hehehehehhe... (I will be spending more than $200...)

I really hope they don't release HK this month otherwise I will not be buying a single thing!!!!! Why would they do that to me???/

spectrolite

Well my reasoning for not getting it was that I just bought the #116 and I think they might be really similar. They look similar... Hmm maybe I should reconsider. No no no no no.. don't tempt me woman!! I got rent this week AND Hello Kitty to order hehehe.
greengrin.gif

darkorchid

Well I headed in to Myer today to try and see if I could get any BBR early. The girls said they had it in but couldn't sell it. I did manage to get a sneak peak at the MSFs - gooorgeous! I am definately getting Blonde -Red head was beautiful too but I have alot of peach/coral blushes so I think I can do without.

I picked up Angel l/s, Plink! l/s and Pink Swoon. The MA said I could give them a call tomorrow to get BBR items put aside for when I'm able to pick them up! WHEE!!!

I'm thinking of getting Blonde MSF, Strawberry Blonde, Quick Tease and maybe Bbabe....Why is MAC so expensive here? Those 4 things are probably going to be 150AUD!

sambibabe

Spectrolite: you enabled me for Blonde MSF, so I just had to return the favour and convince you to get #165
winks.gif
Koren has a review of #165 on Youtube, if you are interested. I think it'd be great with Grand Duos!

I got my Blonde MSF and Pincurl today - I nearly have a whole collection lol.. Yeah, MAC is not supposed to release the goods before the launch date, but some stores do.. I was told not to tell anyone, but oh well..
greengrin.gif

With HK - there will be VIP night! My MUA tentatively said 12th March, but I am not sure. Probably a week before the release date (March 16th), so make sure to contact the store and put your name down. If you are regular, then they will ring you for it.

spectrolite

^^I've noticed that usually it takes a day or 2 for collections to show up on the website once a collection is launched at counters. Sometimes I get the email about the launch up to a week later too... Weird
smiles.gif

I checked out Koren's brush review of the #165 too! It does look like a great brush but I use my 109 or my 189 to highlight so buying it isn't really necessary. However, I might still pick it up if there are some still around in a month or so. I like collecting brushes
greengrin.gif

sambibabe

How inconsistent of MAC Aust? Dame Edna was up on line two days before the release date.
ssad.gif

When I received my BBR haul, #109 & #165 came together.. I was in a hurry to try MSF, so I picked up #109 (they are both black lol). Somehow it didn't pick up much colour! So later, when I calmed down a bit, I tried Redhead with #165 and with one swipe my cheek was flushed with colour! Yeah I know, it is not the brush, it is the user lol.

How do you like #214? I have a similar brush, but I am really tempted to go back and get it.

spectrolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambibabe
How do you like #214? I have a similar brush, but I am really tempted to go back and get it.

I really like the #214 and have no regrets buying it! I don't have any similar brushes. I like to smudge my eye liner or shadows into my lash line and I have trouble getting a sharp defined outer v sometimes so this brush is just what I needed. Usually I use my #219 for smudging but I find that I have more control with the stiffer #214. It's a great brush but if you have something like it already then you probably don't need it. I can't wait to try it out blending colours on my lids >_<

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

Just to let you guys know MAC (at Adelaide anyways) are no longer doing b2m on anything other than the Permanent range of lippies, not even normal packaged lippies like bbr. Tried to do a couple today but nope, they're been told off for doing it!
And HK is definitely coming out on the 16th!