B2M - Read before posting questions about Back to MAC.

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by shordeecat
does anyone know if you can B2M empty paints, and studio finish SPF 35 concealer containers?

Yes, and yes.
yes.gif

vcheng79

I tried to bring back my foundation case (normal size but I got it in a set along with moisturizer, toner and cleanser). The MUA told me the 4 items need to go back together and they only count as 1 item!!!! Everything is normal size though,....but then this happens in Hong Kong!!!

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
I have a few lipglass that I want to B2M but the container is not empty. Can I still B2M it?

Yes you can.

NatalieMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetkitty
I've been hearing that MAC's are not taking the empty eyeshadow pots (w/o pans) anymore is that true?

It really depends on the store/counter - the policy should be universal but the decision is often down to the discretion of the manager as to whether depots are accepted or not. Best thing to do is ring ahead to avoid any embarrassment. Failing that you could buy empty metal pans and just slot them in - https://www.starsmakeuphaven.com/index.php sell them.
smiles.gif

I've never personally had a problem taking depots back here in the UK, infact I just B2M'd quite a few last Thursday but there have been quite a few reports here of some issues.

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908
Anybody know if you can get a Creamsheen Glass in exchange for B2M or is just the tinted lipglasses?
graucho.gif

Hi, I have b2m'd for them before. You can get lipstick, lipglass, Cremesheen glass, dazzleglass, pro longwear...

I am just hoping that I can b2m for the lipstain markers that are coming soon!!

Makeup Emporium

^^^Further to my message above...

Does anyone know if we are going to be able to B2M for the Lipstain markers? I am assuming yes b/c you can get dazzleglass, cremesheen, pro longwear etc. so why not the Lipstain??

NatalieMT

Sad times.
ssad.gif
B2M is very soon to be no more in the UK. We all knew it was going to be phased out but from the discussion I had in MAC about it today sounds like it won't be too long before it is no more. With the economic downturn MAC had nowhere in the UK to recycle the empties, so they were being sent overseas at a high cost. It's just not viable for them to continue with it so at present nothing returned in the UK is actually being recycled.

Luckily for me I spend quite a lot of time in the US and so can take my empties with me, but all the same it sucks!

marquise

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieMT
Sad times.
ssad.gif
B2M is very soon to be no more in the UK. We all knew it was going to be phased out but from the discussion I had in MAC about it today sounds like it won't be too long before it is no more. With the economic downturn MAC had nowhere in the UK to recycle the empties, so they were being sent overseas at a high cost. It's just not viable for them to continue with it so at present nothing returned in the UK is actually being recycled.

Luckily for me I spend quite a lot of time in the US and so can take my empties with me, but all the same it sucks!

That's crap. They will probably do the same here too (Ireland).
ssad.gif

Dayjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katjamo
Can I B2M an empty wipe container? And what about foundation and powder containers?

Yes, yes, and yes.
yes.gif
Wipe containers are eligible because they have that plastic piece on them.

jenixxx

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
I know I am being ridiculous.. but I just had to share the laugh this thread just gave me as I am reading it for the first time. Seriously have some people gone bonkers?!

I don't understand some of the questions asked... like Erin has said 10000x times; any and all MAC plastic, glass or metal packaging... what is hard about that? Why is it necessary to ask "will they accept this? how about that? and what about this one?"

It's not restricted to particular items, it's a RECYCLING PROGRAM for god sakes, not a gift exchange. Jesus H.

In other news, I love B2M, it's one of the best programs going - totally win-win.

I love Specktra, Hooray!!
specktra_rocks.gif

MACATTAK

I understand what you are saying, it does get repetitious. However, going through 53 pages can be a daunting task. Some people might just look at the last page of a thread and not see their question being answered, so they ask it again. Hey, at least it's in the correct thread.
smiles.gif
It does seem fairly simple with the plastic, glass, or metal packaging, but restrictions do apply, such as with the holiday minis, and whether some places will accept depots or not. Then you always have new people coming on to this site, who may be fairly new to Mac as well, so the answers might not be so apparent at first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenixxx
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
I know I am being ridiculous.. but I just had to share the laugh this thread just gave me as I am reading it for the first time. Seriously have some people gone bonkers?!

I don't understand some of the questions asked... like Erin has said 10000x times; any and all MAC plastic, glass or metal packaging... what is hard about that? Why is it necessary to ask "will they accept this? how about that? and what about this one?"

It's not restricted to particular items, it's a RECYCLING PROGRAM for god sakes, not a gift exchange. Jesus H.

In other news, I love B2M, it's one of the best programs going - totally win-win.

I love Specktra, Hooray!!
specktra_rocks.gif

HOTasFCUK

For the official record, can you B2M something and if you change your mind about the colour, can you exchange it for something else? I asked this on another forum and someone said yes but when i went back to MAC to exchange my lipstick for a dazzleglass, the girl said no, its basically a final sale sort if thing. I just want to know for sure!

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
For the official record, can you B2M something and if you change your mind about the colour, can you exchange it for something else? I asked this on another forum and someone said yes but when i went back to MAC to exchange my lipstick for a dazzleglass, the girl said no, its basically a final sale sort if thing. I just want to know for sure!

Every time I've B2M'd, they have made sure to tell me that there are no exchanges or returns on a B2M's product. That's why a lot of times they will take the box, or write B2M on the product, because it's a final deal.

Latest posts