B2M - Read before posting questions about Back to MAC.

Whitney6195

Yay for finding this thread! Can't wait to take some empties in
smiles.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
For the official record, can you B2M something and if you change your mind about the colour, can you exchange it for something else? I asked this on another forum and someone said yes but when i went back to MAC to exchange my lipstick for a dazzleglass, the girl said no, its basically a final sale sort if thing. I just want to know for sure!

in the uk what you pick is final. you can't change your mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipelica
what can I gat in B2M program? only the lipstick or something else (lipgloss?)?

it depends where you live. in the uk it's lipsticks only. but the states ladiexs get to pick lippies, any kind of gloss which is great!

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
it depends where you live. in the uk it's lipsticks only. but the states ladiexs get to pick lippies, any kind of gloss which is great!

Same goes for Canada. Actually you get your choice of any lippie or an eyeshadow if you go to an actual MAC store.

ambicion6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenixxx
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
I know I am being ridiculous.. but I just had to share the laugh this thread just gave me as I am reading it for the first time. Seriously have some people gone bonkers?!

I don't understand some of the questions asked... like Erin has said 10000x times; any and all MAC plastic, glass or metal packaging... what is hard about that? Why is it necessary to ask "will they accept this? how about that? and what about this one?"

It's not restricted to particular items, it's a RECYCLING PROGRAM for god sakes, not a gift exchange. Jesus H.

In other news, I love B2M, it's one of the best programs going - totally win-win.

I love Specktra, Hooray!!
specktra_rocks.gif

Actually, this is not always the case. I scraped out the e/s from 2 of my MAC Trip II Travel Palettes and repressed them into metal tins to fit into my 15 palette and they would not take them for B2M because they aren't standard packaging items of the standard product line (so they told me) but the SA at my MAC store is super sweet and let me use them to count towards my 6 empties.

mintbear82

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieMT
Sad times.
ssad.gif
B2M is very soon to be no more in the UK. We all knew it was going to be phased out but from the discussion I had in MAC about it today sounds like it won't be too long before it is no more. With the economic downturn MAC had nowhere in the UK to recycle the empties, so they were being sent overseas at a high cost. It's just not viable for them to continue with it so at present nothing returned in the UK is actually being recycled.

Luckily for me I spend quite a lot of time in the US and so can take my empties with me, but all the same it sucks!

That does suck, however, I have seen some people from the UK selling their empty MAC containers in lots on Ebay. For those who do not travel often this might be an option.

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambicion6
Actually, this is not always the case. I scraped out the e/s from 2 of my MAC Trip II Travel Palettes and repressed them into metal tins to fit into my 15 palette and they would not take them for B2M because they aren't standard packaging items of the standard product line (so they told me) but the SA at my MAC store is super sweet and let me use them to count towards my 6 empties.

Guess it depends on where you live then because I have had no problem returning that kind of packaging. I am in Canada.
th_dunno.gif

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
Every time I've B2M'd, they have made sure to tell me that there are no exchanges or returns on a B2M's product. That's why a lot of times they will take the box, or write B2M on the product, because it's a final deal.

Thanks for letting me know! I will be extra careful next time when picking. I got Gleam and Frou lipsticks and they are very sheer and similar but i'll guess i'll find some rec's on here on how to work with them. The girl at the store never marked the boxes or the lipsticks so i was unsure if i could exchange or not.

StarrySim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civies
Any girls in Toronto area know which MAC stores take depots?

The Eaton Centre MAC store does for sure, I've done it twice with pan-less, melted and cut depots. I haven't B2M'd anywhere else yet.

Civies

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySim
The Eaton Centre MAC store does for sure, I've done it twice with pan-less, melted and cut depots. I haven't B2M'd anywhere else yet.

Thanks! The MAC store at Scarborough Town Centre does too.

On another note, I'm so annoyed right now. Just got home from Markville mall and the ladies at the MAC counter said that my pro pan isn't eligible for B2M because they only accept plastic and glass. I was pretty sure it was metal too but no point in arguing so I just went home. I checked just now and you ladies clearly said plastic glass AND metal. I'm super annoyed, I went to the mall just to B2M too.
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif

StarrySim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civies
Thanks! The MAC store at Scarborough Town Centre does too.

On another note, I'm so annoyed right now. Just got home from Markville mall and the ladies at the MAC counter said that my pro pan isn't eligible for B2M because they only accept plastic and glass. I was pretty sure it was metal too but no point in arguing so I just went home. I checked just now and you ladies clearly said plastic glass AND metal. I'm super annoyed, I went to the mall just to B2M too.
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif

I've never heard of B2M-ing pro pans, I'm pretty sure that's not allowed. I'll have to ask MUA.

Makeup Emporium

I B2M'd a Pro Pan at the MAC store at Scarborough Town Centre. That was a couple of months ago so I don't know if they've changed their policy or not. I've only done it once though so it may depend on the mua you get.

Cinci

Hey Ladies, just wanted to give you aheads up, Vancouer Pro accepts depots.. And I was able to B2M for Illusionary/Burning Ambition MES... wooohooo!

Latest posts