Barbie loves MAC Discussion

roxybc

This collection isn't what I thought it'd be. I'm a bit dissapointed, but I sooooo want the doll!!! There's definitly a few things I'll get, but there isn't anything that I couldn't live without.

macslut

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I am sitting here drooling!! Is it strange that I could look at that picture all night?!?! Seeing it has helped to remove a few things from my wishlist, but I still want most of it! I CAN NOT WAIT!
eyelove.gif

The only lipstick I want is the one on the far left as I am facing my screen. The lipglass that is more of a rosy color. The eyeshadows except the bright pink one in the front. And what appears to be a neutral powder in the back next to the book.

macslut

Quote:
Originally Posted by madkitty
i just dont believe it - there is not one thing I dont like GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

by the way what are glimmershimmers for?

I use glimmershimmers as a sort of blush substitute. I have good coloring in my cheeks so sometimes I just want a bit of a sheen to highlight.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalStars
What do you guys think will be the "must haves" or as I call them "the crap I need to buy first trip to mac so i get it before its sold out" ? lol Im sure the skipper green eyeshadow..but what else do you guys think

I would agree with the green eyeshadow, and definately Moth Brown if you want it. I am sure the doll and shirts will go like wild fire. The beauty powders will probably be popular too. Beyond that, I am not sure. I know I am planning to get 3 of the shadows, 1 lipstick, 1 lipglass and 1 beauty powder on my first trip. If I can afford more, I will get more, and if not, at least I will have what *I* am considering my must haves
smiles.gif

litlaur

Re: Barbie loves MAC Feb 2007 [images & information]

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddinary
^ I agree as well, but I'm thinking the green will just be like Lucky Green - it'll be so popular, its going to be hard to find after a while!

I was thinking the same thing. From the description, it sounds like a softer version of Lucky Green.

I'm looking forward to:
Fashionpack (a new cream lipglass instead of a frost!)
Mothbrown (I really started getting into MAC around the time Madame B came out, and I pretty much ignored neutrals
lmao.gif
)
Fab (just sounds...fab
greengrin.gif
)

charismaticlime

All that I'm remotely interested is in the lipglass. Don't get me wrong, I'm all up for the hype, but the collection itself just isn't that appealing.

tinagrzela

New Barbie loves MAC pictures!!

Seriously, girls and boys, I almost peed pants!!! I'm so in love....

Sweet and Single // Happening Gal
sweetandsinglehappeninggal.jpg

Magic Dust // Beauty Burst // Springtime Skipper
magicdustbeautyburstspringtimeskipp.jpg

Blush in Fab
mac_blushfab.jpg

Beauty Powder in Pearl Sunshine
mac_beautypowder_pearlsunshine.jpg

DaizyDeath

Re: New Barbie loves MAC pictures!!

oooh maybe i will buy something after all! haha the lipglass looks really preety and so does the beauty powder

mzreyes

0o0o0 how pretty!!!! i like em all
smiles.gif
the blush looks a lil iffy though. im not sure if it would look good on me

SandMantas

hmm, why can't we see the image embossed on the product? that does make me a bit wary, although the colours seem correct.

prinzessin784

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandMantas
hmm, why can't we see the image embossed on the product? that does make me a bit wary, although the colours seem correct.

that's what I was thinking. They must be the pre-released items that are sometimes marked as "samples." That's the only thing I can think of, other than these pictures being fake, that would explain it. Not only is the embossed image absent but the special packaging with the Barbie shadow as well.

rchickos

Quote:

All these websites that we're getting these awesome pictures from have received samples from MAC. The samples apparently don't have any of the Barbie embellishments. This has been the case with every picture we've seen from these sites, and I saw the boxes on one of the pictures labeled as samples, so that's my educated guess. The final product should have all the pretty Barbie decorations.
smiles.gif

rchickos

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzessin784
that's what I was thinking. They must be the pre-released items that are sometimes marked as "samples." That's the only thing I can think of, other than these pictures being fake, that would explain it. Not only is the embossed image absent but the special packaging with the Barbie shadow as well.

Of course you had to beat me to it, hehe. That's basically what I just posted. You beat me by a minute.
smiles.gif

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

I was wondering the same thing.. in most of the pics I have seen they had the "Barbie" shadow was embossed on the eyeshawdows.. as well at the packaging?

Quote:

TM26

The lipgloss, eyeshadows and beauty powder are mine. Thanks that just made my night
clap.gif

sketch_macboy

allrighty ... i can answer a few of your questions about barbie ... we have been told to be very secretive about this collection due to the sheer nature of how big and exciting and all the buzz that it has already created. (BTW i am an asst manager for a mac counter) ... barbie products will not be eligable for ppid discount ... anything that has a special packaging going forward from catherine denuve icon collection is no longer eligable ... not even for mac artists. so nothing from barbie will be discounted. Also, barbie lipstick, eyeshadows and lipglass will not be availble as a freebie for recycling through the B2M program due to special packaging. i am not 100% sure what all locations will have the doll (i go to update training next week) if any. we already have a waiting list if we get them at my counter to where they would already be sold out before they hit the floor. Barbie will lauch on the 15th (that is what i heard from my trainer, however marketing calendar says 13th mac changes so much before it is all finalized it might come out earlier, but no earlier in the month for u.s. at least). As for the limit on quanities, this i have never heard before. mac stores might be doing this, but i know we are all about sell thru. if you want more than one of an item (MOTH BROWN IS BACK!!! YAY!!!) i know at our location we will be glad to sell you as many as you want. the tee shirts were given to all mac artists (we received ours today and they are totally cute) and will be availble online for sale. as for the post cards, that i have no clue who or how many will be received at each location. i know macy's has quit ordering them according to my planner, they just send them out to customers for events.

ok if there are anymore just let me know and i will try to answer them for you.

xsparkage

undrthenightsky on livejournal emailed mac pro about if barbie would be able to be discounted.

Good morning Khadija,

There is indeed a PRO discount on the actual products in the Barbie collection. There is no discount on the Barbie doll itself and the mini-bag being sold in the collection, however.

Hope this helps!

Many thanks,

Barbara Esler
Manager, MAC PRO Membership

im going to believe the manager of mac pro on that one :] and beautifull_you on lj did livechat and they said you will be able to b2m for products from barbie, but we all know how unsure livechat can be. i hope thats true, ill have 3 free items if it is!

Latest posts