Barbie loves MAC Discussion

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroni99
I was able to B2M for Modern Ms and Happening Girl today at the preview event--it seems to vary by location though. I have never had a MA at any MAC store I have been to tell me I could not B2M for LE or specially packaged items--only exception is the Viva Glam lippies.

I have always been allowed to also but they told me no over the phone. I am taking my empties with me just in case
cutey.gif

tiramisu

oh my ... I wasn't nearly as excited for this collection until I read this thread. Wow.
cheerleader.gif

I loved barbie as a kid--I'll never forget catching my older brothers trying to light my precious barbies on fire behind the shed. I was more pissed about them ruining the bikini one of them had on than the actual doll that was wearing it. I had too many, so they were disposable. Ahh, memories LOL

This collection is truly going to set my credit card on fire.
eyelove.gif

I can get a tshirt online, right? I don't have time to deal with the counter this go around... if I can avoid it!! Yikes!!

Jacq-i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiramisu
I can get a tshirt online, right? I don't have time to deal with the counter this go around... if I can avoid it!! Yikes!!

I just got back from a Barbie unveiling event, and one of the MA's there said they weren't selling the shirt in the f/s store, but that I could get it online...

It's here.
thmbup.gif

phoenix

i know it's a silly question, anyone can tell me wut's de beauty power...
is dat same as the skinfinish :confused: :confused:

EmbalmerBabe

That sucks, they were accepting B2M for Lure packaging.
At least I know I don't have to empty stuff out for a free lipstick now...haha.
Ok I just called my Macy's where my MAC counter is located.
I asked if B2M empties will be accepted for a Barbie lipstick.
They were uncertain and put me on hold.
Then they said NO. I asked why they took my empties for a Lure
lipstick which is also the special packaging. He said
because these have Barbie on them. Ok????
Hmmm I am going to email the MAC website because they did
not sound 100% positive when I just called.

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmaladecat
Does anyone know if Moth Brown e/s is similar to Club?
anyone.gif

They couldn't be more different.
smiles.gif

linziP123

i sooo can't wait for this to come to the uk!!

this might sound like a stupid question, but how do you choose whoch colours will look together and on you?

i won't have time to go in store and make up assistants scare me lol, so i wanted to order some online, but not sure what to go for!

what's everyone's favourites of the barbie collection?

Hawkeye

I actually considered getting this but I'm not going to. I don't want to deal with the rush to get it.

EmbalmerBabe

Regarding returning B2M empties for Barbie lipstick or otherwise:

Ok I emailed MAC about the B2M Barbie issue. Here is the official scoop straight from the source because apparantely my local MAC counter has a bad case of brain fogg and gets all of their facts screwed up.

My email response from MAC earlier today:

Thank you for taking the time to email us at M·A·C Cosmetics Online.

Yes, you may redeem your six empties for a lipstick from the Barbie Loves M·A·C
Collection, as long as it is in stock. You may also redeem at a department store
counter, such as in Macy's, as well as at our free-standing stores.

We appreciate the opportunity to explain the expanded Back to M·A·C program available
at M·A·C free-standing retail locations. When you provide your name and address/email
address to be entered into the CRM database, you will now have the option of choosing
from 3 product categories when returning 6 empty M·A·C primary packaging containers.
By returning six [6] empty M·A·C primary packaging containers to a M·A·C Store,
you will now be able to choose any Lipstick (excluding any of the Viva Glam Lipsticks),
Clear or Tinted Lipglass (excluding Viva Glam Lipglasses) or a Small Eye Shadow
(excluding Mineralize Duo and Pro Palettes).

Only Customers who provide their complete information will be eligible for the expanded
Back to M·A·C Program. The expanded program will only be honoured at M·A·C Stores.
The standard Back to M·A·C program still applies to customers who do not provide
their complete information or who send their empties to M·A·C Cosmetics Online.

If you have already provided your complete contact information to your store, you
are eligible for the expanded Back to M·A·C program, regardless of when your information
was added into the database.

We hope you will continue to visit us at M·A·C Cosmetics Online. If we can be of
further assistance, please let us know.

Best regards,

Amy
M·A·C Cosmetics
Online Tech

red

On another note, Macy's has the totes
clap.gif

was told when I was there today -- they weren't out, guess you have to ask for them.

resin

i got my barbie doll at the pro store here in vancouver, bc canada. but they said we couldn't b2m for stuff because of the special packaging :/

MAC_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by red
On another note, Macy's has the totes
clap.gif

was told when I was there today -- they weren't out, guess you have to ask for them.

OOOOOOOOO! I'll have to check the Macy's by me! Thanks!!
clap.gif

FemmeNoir

Re: Regarding returning B2M empties for Barbie lipstick or otherwise:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbalmerBabe
Ok I emailed MAC about the B2M Barbie issue. Here is the official scoop straight from the source because apparantely my local MAC counter has a bad case of brain fogg and gets all of their facts screwed up.

My email response from MAC earlier today:

Thank you for taking the time to email us at M·A·C Cosmetics Online.

Yes, you may redeem your six empties for a lipstick from the Barbie Loves M·A·C
Collection, as long as it is in stock. You may also redeem at a department store
counter, such as in Macy's, as well as at our free-standing stores.

We appreciate the opportunity to explain the expanded Back to M·A·C program available
at M·A·C free-standing retail locations. When you provide your name and address/email
address to be entered into the CRM database, you will now have the option of choosing
from 3 product categories when returning 6 empty M·A·C primary packaging containers.
By returning six [6] empty M·A·C primary packaging containers to a M·A·C Store,
you will now be able to choose any Lipstick (excluding any of the Viva Glam Lipsticks),
Clear or Tinted Lipglass (excluding Viva Glam Lipglasses) or a Small Eye Shadow
(excluding Mineralize Duo and Pro Palettes).

Only Customers who provide their complete information will be eligible for the expanded
Back to M·A·C Program. The expanded program will only be honoured at M·A·C Stores.
The standard Back to M·A·C program still applies to customers who do not provide
their complete information or who send their empties to M·A·C Cosmetics Online.

If you have already provided your complete contact information to your store, you
are eligible for the expanded Back to M·A·C program, regardless of when your information
was added into the database.

We hope you will continue to visit us at M·A·C Cosmetics Online. If we can be of
further assistance, please let us know.

Best regards,

Amy
M·A·C Cosmetics
Online Tech

If you are going to a counter, you might want to print out this email. I tried redeeming at Nordies, and they said it wasn't allowed. They eventually let me though, when I produced the email.

TM26

Quote:
Originally Posted by linziP123
i sooo can't wait for this to come to the uk!!

this might sound like a stupid question, but how do you choose whoch colours will look together and on you?

i won't have time to go in store and make up assistants scare me lol, so i wanted to order some online, but not sure what to go for!

what's everyone's favourites of the barbie collection?

Honestly I just go with colors that catch my eye. I do have some idea of what colors do not look good on me from past experiences. Other than that I just go with ones I think look pretty and if it turns out it looks horrid on me, I either take it back, swap ot or sell it.
So far my favorite things from Barbie are:
Pearl Blossom beauty powder-I am in love with this powder
Happening Gal l/g-my favorite red l/g to date
Whistle e/s-
Springtime Skipper e/s
Magic dust e/s
Moth Brown e/s
Pearl Sunshine Beauty powder
Don't be shy powder blush

Imho, this is one of the best collections they have come out with.

Latest posts