Barbie loves MAC Discussion

cindylou007

I know that we just had a meeting and trainer said that you can give out limited edition product for B2M. To my understanding that is the overall policy within MAC, no matter where you are. If they do not let you do it I would call customer service and let them know.

MAC_ATTACK

What can I pass on in this collection?

Geeze, I can't decide what I want and what I don't want. I have not been able to see the collection in person. What is the 1 MUST HAVE? and what is just ehhhh that I can pass on? I have the Rocker Chick lipstick, small bag and Doll already. My awesome BF went out and picked this up for me for Valentine's Day! YAY!!! Any helpful insight appreciated! Thanks!
thmbup.gif

eco

I usually shop at Macy's...

when 'blonde on blonde' l/s came out I tried to bac2mac for it, and I was told I was not allowed because it was from the latest collection, and that it was le. I mentioned that the website states that only viva glam is excluded and the MA just shook her head no
ssad.gif

anyhoo....
I brought back 12 empties to the mac pro store in NYC, where I was able to bac2mac for 2 barbie eye shadows WITH NO PROBLEMS!!!!!

the MA who I spoke with when I walked in said she was just gonna check it out, asked me if I was in the computer system, and then returned and told me that she hadn't even heard about the changes in the policy yet!

on a side note, I bought the Doll at Henri Bendel's on fifth ave. the store was a huge brainfu*k, the were seemingly 30 employees in my face every second. I couldn't possibly shop for makeup in that environment. I was there with a girlfriend and we decided to buy our barbie and head to the pro store so we could shop in peace.

@ Henri Bendel's they had special Barbie jewlery (i thought it was tacky, tho), gloves, tee shirts (black ones w/rhinestones).... the MA who rung me up gave me a free pink plastic headband that everyone there was wearing.

also of interest- the barbie doll is listed as wearing "aquadisiac, carbon, and satin taupe" eyeshadows, spice lipliner, smolder eye kohl, etc. it's on a cute lil card inside the doll box
smiles.gif

MACboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by red
On another note, Macy's has the totes
clap.gif

was told when I was there today -- they weren't out, guess you have to ask for them.

I work at a Macy's MAC counter and we do not have the large $70 tote. All we have is the $15 mini mac with the barbie logo on it. I was down at a store today too, and they didn't have the larger tote either...just wouldn't want you to waste a trip...

rchickos

I'm snowed in so I don't know if I'm ever going to have the chance to see this at the counter before it's gone (it's an hour away). I ordered Modern Ms. l/s, Happening Gal l/g, Moth Brown e/s, Springtime Skipper e/s, and Fab blush. My questions are...

1) Do I need Rocking Chick? It looks beautiful. The most pinky fuschia shade I own is Pink Maribu. Is it at all similar? Pretty pigmented?

2) Is Sweet & Single really sheer? The swatches I've seen make it seem that way.

3) Is Don't Be Shy blush similar at all to the Smile blush from icon, and are either of those similar to Cargo Catalina?

4) I don't own any beauty powders...are these shades highlighters? Blushes? My skin's on the darker side of medium-toned, so I can't tell if these will be too pale to be of much use to me.

Ok, I'm done being annoying now, sorry. The snow is driving me crazy.
smiles.gif

Fairybelle

^^I can answer about Rocking Chick-- it is a very pigmented fuschia shade. I am an NC25-NC30 and this is my new HG pink
eyelove.gif
eyelove.gif
eyelove.gif
. Looks so gorgeous on. I used to wear Pink Poodle l/s too, and this is much more pigmented than that was. Other fuschia l/s that I have owned from MAC were a lot more sheer. HTH. BTW, looks so perfect with the Cranapple creamstick liner!

Fairybelle

^^^ rchickos, I just bravely tested out my new Barbie beauty powders, and I have to say that they are sheer, but give a nice glow to the face. I would use it with a blush or bronzer for more color. They aren't meant to be used as a 'blush' but can give dimension to a look-a soft, glowy look. I think anyone could use them. Especially great towards the end of the day when you want to refresh your makeup, but don't want to cake on more blush or color on the face. Just a quick dusing of this on cheeks and temples gives you a nice glow again.

Ms. Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchickos
I'm snowed in so I don't know if I'm ever going to have the chance to see this at the counter before it's gone (it's an hour away). I ordered Modern Ms. l/s, Happening Gal l/g, Moth Brown e/s, Springtime Skipper e/s, and Fab blush. My questions are...

1) Do I need Rocking Chick? It looks beautiful. The most pinky fuschia shade I own is Pink Maribu. Is it at all similar? Pretty pigmented?

2) Is Sweet & Single really sheer? The swatches I've seen make it seem that way.:confused:

3) Is Don't Be Shy blush similar at all to the Smile blush from icon, and are either of those similar to Cargo Catalina? Don't be Shy is nothing like Smile, DBS is soft, Smile is a loud pink. Sorry, don't know what Catalina is.

4) I don't own any beauty powders...are these shades highlighters? Blushes? My skin's on the darker side of medium-toned, so I can't tell if these will be too pale to be of much use to me. Beauty Powders give a hint of color, I am C3, and I sometimes use i instead of blush. I have Soft Dew (CD Col.) which I like & Peaceful (RW Col.) which I love. I purchased Pearl Sunshine, but can't give you my opinion becasue I have not used it yet.

Ok, I'm done being annoying now, sorry. The snow is driving me crazy.
smiles.gif

You can find out more info. on "beauty powders" by doing a search for it.

Nikki0211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairybelle
^^I can answer about Rocking Chick-- it is a very pigmented fuschia shade. I am an NC25-NC30 and this is my new HG pink
eyelove.gif
eyelove.gif
eyelove.gif
. Looks so gorgeous on. I used to wear Pink Poodle l/s too, and this is much more pigmented than that was. Other fuschia l/s that I have owned from MAC were a lot more sheer. HTH. BTW, looks so perfect with the Cranapple creamstick liner!

I LOVE Rocking Chick too! It's amazing.
clap.gif
I'm going to get backups hehe.

rchickos

Thanks you guys! I think I'm going to make a trip to my counter Friday morning to see what's left. If nothing else, at least I get to hit the CCO on the way back home. Hopefully they still have some stuff left though. I really want Rocking Chick and must see these beauty powders in person to be tempted enough to buy them. I just have so much makeup, I'm trying very hard to make sure something is different before buying.
smiles.gif

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindylou007
I know that we just had a meeting and trainer said that you can give out limited edition product for B2M. To my understanding that is the overall policy within MAC, no matter where you are. If they do not let you do it I would call customer service and let them know.

I did a Livechat to check this out, especially to confirm for Canada (I know they should be the same program, but sometimes we're given lame excuses so I tried to cover all my bases), and was told that all special packaged lipstick is available for Back to MAC. She wasn't sure about lipglasses and eyeshadows, tho. You can read the Livechat here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchickos

I read a review (I think on MUA) and someone noted Smile to be a warm pink whereas DBS is a cool pink. This just makes me want both now... aaaaahhh, the craziness!

And Beauty powders are great to use for a hint of colour with great glow. Right now I've got my eye on Pearl Sunshine and can't wait to use it with Sunbasque!

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairybelle
eyelove.gif
eyelove.gif
eyelove.gif

THANK YOU!
I feel soo much better about the two tubes of "Rocking Chick" that I ordered, sight unseen, just because the description "frosted fuchsia" made me high for a few seconds.
winks.gif

ledonatella

OMG!!! I just got my order and it is so gorgeous! I'm pissed though because I ordered Happing Gal lipglass and they sent me Fashion Pack by mistake (which is very pretty BTW) so i emailed Customer Service and told them i don't feel I should have to pay to get a new one shipped since it wasen't my mistake so we'll see what happens.....

But all in all I am impressed with everything, these colors are totally up my alley and even the bright fuschia's are very wearable. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

Cirielle

I spent $150 on this collection. I haven't spent money like that on MAC in a very very very long time!

I also ordered the Barbie from Barbiecollectors.com but it say you have to wait till March 5th. I hope that means I will still get one!

I got:

Mini bag
Springtime Skipper e/s
Fashion Pack l/g
Rocking Chick l/s
Malibu Barbie l/g
Sweet & Single l/s
Pearl Blossom powder
Magic dust e/s
Sweetness l/g

Brumbjorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumbjorn
Hey all!

Has anyone seen the UK quad yet? Is there going to be one or two? I've got someone wiling to CP for me, but I need to know if I have to send her funds for one or for two.

bumping my own post to see if anyone has an answer yet?

Jennybabes

I really want Moth Brown - I wanted it when it came out with Madame B, then I didn't buy it for some reason, and now I still want it!

Latest posts