Chanel Le Blanc at a Nordstrom near you? Anniversary Sale exclusive

TealAngel

Well mostly all of us loved Joyeuse! And we bought backups of it. Its hard to say what you personally would like, but it is a beautiful pink lipstick. Its one of my personal favorite pink lipsticks ever that I own.
Hmm...I have to give this shade serious thought!! Thanks for responding elegant :)

Miss QQ

Thanks Nora and Cheryl. RT is now in my list. :) All my quad are baked, except for Oasis, and yet I don't use them wet. I only tried them wet twice when I got my first quad. Guess I should experiment again. Joyeous is lovely, I will wear it today.

QueenOfSnark

Quote: Originally Posted by TealAngel

Any thoughts on Joyeuse? Thanks in advance for any response!

I may be a bit deeper in skin tone than you, but I found Joyeuse too cool and frosty Easter-egg pink. I'm also strongly yellow/warm toned so it clashed against my skin tone. I have pics with it on in the Chanel swatch thread if you'd like to see a reference. :)

Miss QQ

Just to share that the new Chanel studio that opened this week had everything from this collection except for Liaison. So Astral is replacing it's spot on the displayer. Wonder if liaison is the most limited items or the most popular one.

TealAngel

I may be a bit deeper in skin tone than you, but I found Joyeuse too cool and frosty Easter-egg pink. I'm also strongly yellow/warm toned so it clashed against my skin tone. I have pics with it on in the Chanel swatch thread if you'd like to see a reference. :)
Thanks for your response on Joyeuse and for suggesting your swatch pic of it! My skin tone is lighter than yours...I wear Ivory 1 in Mary Kay's Mineral Powder Foundation, for reference. Hmm...wish there was a Nordstrom near by!

purrtykitty

I was very good and just ordered Rose Tourbillon, well that, and the Le Metier nail polish set, a pair of shoes, and the Bvlgari Mon Jasmin Noir Anniversary set from the Nordie's sale. Not too bad...I certainly could've spent a lot more, lol.

And my stuff has already shipped...I hope it's coming from Cedar Rapids, because then I'll have it in a few days!!

Winthrop44

Any idea what that equates to in MAC? I'm pale, about a MAC NC10-15, neutral to warm toned, and find Joyeuse to be very wearable. I love it!

Shypo

Nice haul Karin! That's a nice, well-rounded shopping spree! You will love RT........hope you get your goodies soon!!

Re: Joyeuse - I'm cooler toned, NW20 usually, and I love it on too! It's in my purse all the time. In fact, I got a 2nd backup of it today.

elegant-one

I was very good and just ordered Rose Tourbillon, well that, and the Le Metier nail polish set, a pair of shoes, and the Bvlgari Mon Jasmin Noir Anniversary set from the Nordie's sale. Not too bad...I certainly could've spent a lot more, lol.

And my stuff has already shipped...I hope it's coming from Cedar Rapids, because then I'll have it in a few days!!

:) Is this the first you will be trying the LMdB nail polish? I swear I love love love the one I bought (ken's korals) it really wore a very very long time, no chipping - but it was so hard to take off. I'll love to know what you think after you've tried them. Nice haul. RT will look great on you.

Ikram

I wen tto check out the collection at my Nordstrom. Sadly, the item I was most excited about, the peachy nude lipstick, did not have tester. I just got Joyese, it is my first Rouge Allure so I need to see if I like the formula and the I will go purchase the peachy one.

I was planing on getting the quad, but the colors had glitter and were very sheer and since I read some not so good reviews I was not sure. I would have probably bought it anyway if MA would apply it on me, I bet I would fall in love, but they were all so busy and from other brands, no Chanel person was there. Oh well.

purrtykitty

:) Is this the first you will be trying the LMdB nail polish? I swear I love love love the one I bought (ken's korals) it really wore a very very long time, no chipping - but it was so hard to take off. I'll love to know what you think after you've tried them. Nice haul. RT will look great on you.
Yep, this will be the first time I'm trying LMdB. I couldn't pass up that set, what with there being holo involved! Who knows, this may be the start of a new obsession, lol.

I can't wait to get RT...I know from the reviews from you lovely ladies that I will love it! :)

mac_aiken

Yesterday started off well. DBF and I went to see HP. I did a "magical" eye with the RE quad. Used the light pink damp all over the lid which basically gave very little cover but lots of gorgeous tiny sparkles. Then laid down the brighter pink dry for a little punch of color. Used the brown Stila glitter liner and Fresh Super Nova mascara. Finished the look with RT and Joyeuse (I can see why so many of you love this lipstick). Very pretty look.

The movie was great. Upon returning home DBF fell and broke his jaw. He is doing well today but has to see the trauma surgeon in Seattle tomorrow. Glad I got to play with my things as I think this week will be makeup free and pacing hospital corridors.

shootergirlnc

OMG, your poor BF! :(

Yesterday started off well. DBF and I went to see HP. I did a "magical" eye with the RE quad. Used the light pink damp all over the lid which basically gave very little cover but lots of gorgeous tiny sparkles. Then laid down the brighter pink dry for a little punch of color. Used the brown Stila glitter liner and Fresh Super Nova mascara. Finished the look with RT and Joyeuse (I can see why so many of you love this lipstick). Very pretty look.

The movie was great. Upon returning home DBF fell and broke his jaw. He is doing well today but has to see the trauma surgeon in Seattle tomorrow. Glad I got to play with my things as I think this week will be makeup free and pacing hospital corridors.

shootergirlnc

For those who bought backups, which items did you get a backup of and how many? I really want to get a 2nd backup of Joyeuse, but I don't want to look crazy having 3 of them total! Also thinking of a backup highlighter, but I know another one is coming out later this year, so i'm on the fence with that.

elegant-one

For those who bought backups, which items did you get a backup of and how many? I really want to get a 2nd backup of Joyeuse, but I don't want to look crazy having 3 of them total! Also thinking of a backup highlighter, but I know another one is coming out later this year, so i'm on the fence with that.
Well, I am thinking about another Joyeuse ;) I went through quite a bit of my first one already. I love this shade so much.

Oh April - I feel so bad for you. I hope your DBF recovers quickly!
th_cheerup.gif

Shypo

Oh, April - I am SO sorry to hear about your BF's accident - how terrible for him. I wish him a speedy recovery and calmness for you - hang in there!

Shooter, I only backed up Joyeuse - I have 2 backups now - but I don't want to run out of it - it's SUCH a perfect color! Elegant, I have a feeling there's another one in your future too!
girlhaha.gif
whistle.gif

I opted not to back up the highlight powder for the very reason you mention, shooter - the pinky one is coming out for holiday and I really want that one.

Haven

I am backing up both lipsticks. I may take the plunge and get a 2nd bu of Joyeuse. I would not bu the highlighter b/c though it is pretty it is dupable IMHO.

TealAngel

[quote name="Winthrop44" url="/forum/thread/175603/chanel-le-blanc-at-a-nordstrom-near-you-anniversary-sale-exclusive/90#post_2143131"]

Any idea what that equates to in MAC? I'm pale, about a MAC NC10-15, neutral to warm toned, and find Joyeuse to be very wearable. I love it!

[/quote] I don't know what shade I am in MAC. Being that there is only one other light shade before the one I use in the Mary Kay powder foundation, Joyeuse just might work. I am pale, and with pink undertones, I think anyway... the foundation might have a touch of pink in it., I don't think my skin neccessarily leans towards warm or cool...maybe neutral. Though, it's hard to anaylze being warm or cool, because I never thought of my face that way. If a certain lip color or eye color has worked, I didn't attribute it to my skin leaning towards the warm or cool side...the color worked because it just worked...LOL. Oh, I know this shade's finish is different from Joyeuse, but...for anyone who has MAC's lipstick in Bombshell (a frost I know!) how does it compare in color to Joyeuse?

Miss QQ

^^ I have both but they are not with me at the moment. I would say Bombshell has a warm, gold sheen that Joyeuse doesn't have.

April - Hope your BF gets well soon. Sounds like a bad fall.

bis

April, I wish your BF a speedy recovery, that sounds really painful. There is a lot of love here for Joyeuse.