ColourPop

beauteblogueur

Finally something from Colourpop that I can
fluffy.gif

meker

Yeah, since they say 1 year opened for shadows, I assume it applies to everything since they're similar in formula. I don't see me hitting pan on a highlighter that size if I'm just sweeping it on the proper places.
The shelf life is one of my concerns being that it takes me forever to finish any type of product. Will you ladies be tossing the shadows within a year im just curious to whats everyone game plan???

beauteblogueur

The shelf life is one of my concerns being that it takes me forever to finish any type of product. Will you ladies be tossing the shadows within a year im just curious to whats everyone game plan???
I won't be unless I notice a change in consistency (other than them getting a little drier, I expect that) or scent. Looking at the ingredients I can't see anything in particular that would turn within that time-frame or suddenly begin causing irritation. I wonder if it's because the shadows are pretty much made to be used with your fingers which isn't the most hygienic application method?

To be honest the only thing I throw away in line with expiration dates is mascara. Otherwise I only get rid of things if I notice something about them has changed, and I usually only have that problem with lip glosses. I mean, I'm not wearing 10 year old lipstick but I'm also not going to throw out all my cream shadows after 6 months!

meker

I won't be unless I notice a change in consistency (other than them getting a little drier, I expect that) or scent. Looking at the ingredients I can't see anything in particular that would turn within that time-frame or suddenly begin causing irritation. I wonder if it's because the shadows are pretty much made to be used with your fingers which isn't the most hygienic application method? To be honest the only thing I throw away in line with expiration dates is mascara. Otherwise I only get rid of things if I notice something about them has changed, and I usually only have that problem with lip glosses. I mean, I'm not wearing 10 year old lipstick but I'm also not going to throw out all my cream shadows after 6 months!
Thanks for the response ill prob order only a few.

Indieprincess

I have the blushes which are the same consistency as the shadows and I'm not tossing them after them after a year. Unless they become dry and chalky, I don't see a reason to and I use brushes to apply them so they'll still be hygienic.

Avarier

Pretty but the shades look dupeable.
Yeah.. I just got Gameface in my last order and I feel like it's probably similar. I also don't like the matte shades. The light color will be invisible on my skin and I don't bother trying to use them as a crease color anymore.

Jaymuhlee

I saw someone on YouTube mention one of their eyeshadows dried out and Fix+ revived it. I forgot the video otherwise I'd link to it!

crystalzi

One of my shadows today came shattered. It's still useable but I have to be very careful or it'd fall apart. Do you think they'd do anything?

erine1881

One of my shadows today came shattered. It's still useable but I have to be very careful or it'd fall apart. Do you think they'd do anything?
They'll tell you smoosh it back together with your fingers and a tissue. Even says so on their site.
8f9f2bda_image.jpeg

erine1881

It's because the formula dries out and it won't apply properly. And because of how it's made, after it dries out, it won't apply like a normal shadow either.

crystalzi

I have to say this because I've been thinking about it all day. I want to start by saying so far I love what I have bought from colourpop. I'm just concerned about the value. I know 5-8 a pop is cheap. But the way you have to apply them liberally, and how little product is in the actual jars (they are very thin though the packaging makes them look huge), the fact that they dry out after a certain amount of time, do you think they are worth 5.00? The lippies are very small quantity for the price, I've already read several places that they aren't the best value for the quantity. Anyway, anyone else think about this besides me? I do love the quality, just not sure about the longevity or value. Thoughts?

erine1881

I have to say this because I've been thinking about it all day. I want to start by saying so far I love what I have bought from colourpop. I'm just concerned about the value. I know 5-8 a pop is cheap. But the way you have to apply them liberally, and how little product is in the actual jars (they are very thin though the packaging makes them look huge), the fact that they dry out after a certain amount of time, do you think they are worth 5.00? The lippies are very small quantity for the price, I've already read several places that they aren't the best value for the quantity. Anyway, anyone else think about this besides me? I do love the quality, just not sure about the longevity or value. Thoughts?
Compared to other brands, i think they're a great value! I'm not a fan of the shadows. Never have been a fan of that formula tho. But for the amount that you're getting, and the price that you're paying, it's right in line with other brands if you do the math. Most people aren't buying 30-40 shadows tho, so it'd be easy for them to use up 3-4 shadows in a year before they expire. But for us makeup freaks, of course we aren't gonna use up 30+ of these shadows in a year before they go bad, especially when we have other shadows from other brands sitting in our drawers as well.

crystalzi

Compared to other brands, i think they're a great value! I'm not a fan of the shadows. Never have been a fan of that formula tho. But for the amount that you're getting, and the price that you're paying, it's right in line with other brands if you do the math. Most people aren't buying 30-40 shadows tho, so it'd be easy for them to use up 3-4 shadows in a year before they expire. But for us makeup freaks, of course we aren't gonna use up 30+ of these shadows in a year before they go bad, especially when we have other shadows from other brands sitting in our drawers as well.
I wish I wasn't such a hoarder and could just be happy with buying a few shadows a year and buying more when I hit pan lol.

Rebby Writer

I don't wear makeup everyday and when I do it's pretty minimal. I just put on some lipstick and mascara..sometimes eyeshadow. I have never in my life finished a regular sized lipstick. For me, the smaller lippie stix are perfect because I'm not spending $20 on something I might use for a few months and then let it settle dust before I clean/trash a bunch. I know there are some people who do go through makeup pretty quickly, though. If they use it up real fast then, no, it wouldn't be the most cost-friendly, especially since the shipping is turtle slow, at times.

I can't say anything about the eyeshadows because I haven't tried any yet and I'm not a huge blush person, either. But..I can't be the only one who prefers the smaller sizes of lipstick...right?

Avarier

I was quite deterred recently when I learned how little product is actually in the pan. I got some shadows in my last order, but I'm not really feeling like I need more. I guess seeing how thin the layer of product is makes me feel like I'm going to use it too quickly? The lippies I'll still buy for the rest of my life. I love those. I've never finished a lipstick and less product works for me. The price lets me get more of a variety instead of just using one and running out too quickly.

Has anybody ever finished a lippie completely?

erine1881

I was quite deterred recently when I learned how little product is actually in the pan. I got some shadows in my last order, but I'm not really feeling like I need more. I guess seeing how thin the layer of product is makes me feel like I'm going to use it too quickly? The lippies I'll still buy for the rest of my life. I love those. I've never finished a lipstick and less product works for me. The price lets me get more of a variety instead of just using one and running out too quickly. Has anybody ever finished a lippie completely?
I've finished 5 or 6 tubes of CDN, and that's a full-sized lipstick!

ILoveMakeup84

Happened to me and they told me to press a quarter on it to fix it. I didn't push the issue, it's still useable and I'd rather not have karma send me something legitimately broken (is it weird I always check my lippies to make sure they twist properly?) in my next order and them be like "nope, already helped you once." I was quite deterred recently when I learned how little product is actually in the pan. I got some shadows in my last order, but I'm not really feeling like I need more. I guess seeing how thin the layer of product is makes me feel like I'm going to use it too quickly? The lippies I'll still buy for the rest of my life. I love those. I've never finished a lipstick and less product works for me. The price lets me get more of a variety instead of just using one and running out too quickly. Has anybody ever finished a lippie completely?
I've finished 2 tubes of MAC's Venus( favorite pink of all time) 1 VG Cindy, 1 Lip Blossom (I am repurchasing this one again) and 2 Revlon Berry Smoothie LB :D