Counterfeit full size MAC Pigments on eBay

Gemstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
ARE THESE UPDATED FAKES?

Lovely Lily, Goldenaire and All Girl
- Bottom of jars are as thick as the counterfeit jars (First 3 on the left are fakes).
- The fonts of colour labels on top of the boxes look too bold, big AND weird!!
- The MAC fonts printed on the jar are too bold.
- I think the boxes are updated fakes? Although its similar to the counterfeit boxes with lots of light scratches. Even if the position of the colour label is correct, the fonts look way too non-MAC style.

I would stay away... look only the novice bidders are bidding on it. As far as red_si... she has obvious problems... multiple infractions, I would not buy anything from her.

On another note... this "All Girl" pigment that is demanding such a high price... I have a sample from a reputable seller and it is just a plain ol' pink with a silver frost. I know the price is high becasue it is so rare, but really that color of pigment is not all that special? What do you guys think?

Gemstone

Quote:
Ok, what about this one?

Melon - The box looks fine BUT:

1) Colour label on top of the box is missing
2) Font of label on bottom of jar looks huge?

I have received a couple genuine pigments with the color label missing, including a label missing off of the bottom of the jar. (I swatched the color and comared it carfully to my genuine, and it was an exact match.) Everything on those pigments I received was fine, as it appears to me to be here also. I have it in my list as one to bid on, if I win, I can let you know for sure! To me this looks OK.

Gemstone

Here's a scary thought... what if someone with fake pigments buys empty genine jars and dumps the fake stuff into the real jar? I don't want to give them ideas... but we should be aware that this could happen.

Gemstone

Quote:
ARE THESE UPDATED FAKES?

Lovely Lily, Goldenaire and All Girl
- Bottom of jars are as thick as the counterfeit jars (First 3 on the left are fakes).
- The fonts of colour labels on top of the boxes look too bold, big AND weird!!
- The MAC fonts printed on the jar are too bold.
- I think the boxes are updated fakes? Although its similar to the counterfeit boxes with lots of light scratches. Even if the position of the colour label is correct, the fonts look way too non-MAC style.

I think they are fake also. I have a new criteria to add to your list Xqueeze_me... and that is the texture of the box. I used to work in printing, and I can see a definate difference in the quality of the card stock from the genuine pigments. The genuine pigments (the newer pigments) are printed on a VERY bright white paper, with a very fine surface. The fake pigments are on a slightly yellower paper with a slightly rougher texture. I do have one old box of golden olive that I believe is genuine that is printed on a cruder card stock, however. Here are some photos of the current fake compared to a genuine. Based on the texture of the boxes in that photo, I would say they are fake.

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/...rmat=0&lgdin=1

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/...rmat=0&lgdin=1

panda0410

excellent pics ratmist!! great example of what to look for
smiles.gif

panda0410

Quote:
Some more fake pigments!

Jar bottoms are way too thick compared to the authentic MAC Pigment jars. 3-day listings too! Hmmph!
Golden Olive
Steel Blue
Coco (Cocco?)

I saw these ones too, and yet another fine example of aussie ebay pigment listings.... I reported them this morning

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemstone
Here's a scary thought... what if someone with fake pigments buys empty genine jars and dumps the fake stuff into the real jar? I don't want to give them ideas... but we should be aware that this could happen.

You know I actually wondered about this? I saw a jar of blue brown for sale - the jar and box looked totally authetic, but the colour of the pigment inside seemed wrong, pics shown with the lid off showed an orangey browny coloured pigment.... I have an authentic blue brown and no matter which way you look at it, it surely isnt even close to orange!!!

panda0410

Quote:
Here are some more to scrutinize... Are these real? I have never heard of a pigment called "Ivy," how about you guys?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ro mot_widget

Oh, this is from that red_si seller again:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mac-FULL-Size-pi...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mac-FULL-Size-pi...QQcmdZViewItem

The printing on both the jars is dodgy...lol...and I have never heard of Ivy either? Dont know about voodoobeauty, I have looked and looked at the listing but always shied away, I think I will give that one a miss

panda0410

Quote:
On another note... this "All Girl" pigment that is demanding such a high price... I have a sample from a reputable seller and it is just a plain ol' pink with a silver frost. I know the price is high becasue it is so rare, but really that color of pigment is not all that special? What do you guys think?

I dont know, never had all girl...lol...though I did drool over the prospects of getting it the reviews by people who have it was much of a muchness and for the price I find myself disinclined...LOL!! I ended up buying pink pearl instead
smiles.gif

Gemstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
excellent pics ratmist!! great example of what to look for
smiles.gif

Ratmist? Who is ratmist???
lol.gif
:confused:

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Are these real? I have never heard of a pigment called "Ivy".

Gemstone, it's "Beautiful Ivy". lol!

Quote:

Quote:
You know I actually wondered about this? I saw a jar of blue brown for sale - the jar and box looked totally authetic, but the colour of the pigment inside seemed wrong, pics shown with the lid off showed an orangey browny coloured pigment....

I saw that too!!! lol The colour of the Blue Brown pigment looks way off and too brown. BTW, Thanks for reporting the other fake pigments!

That's what I've been thinking too. It'll be a loss to the seller if they buy the authentic jar (I think they're about $6-$10 for an empty MAC Pigment jar in the MAC Concept Store) and dump the crap fakes in it. BUT I suppose they'll do just ANYTHING to sell/get rid of the fake pigments.

Quote:
I have a new criteria to add to your list Xqueeze_me... and that is the texture of the box.

THAT'S an excellent idea, Gemstone.
greengrin.gif

Quote:
I have it in my list as one to bid on, if I win, I can let you know for sure! To me this looks OK.

Please do let us know (including your version of pics)! Thanks in advance!
winks.gif

All Girl looks ok.. I think. According to Gemstone's description, it sounds ok.

Quote:
lol.gif

LOL panda0410 has mixed you guys up, Gemstone. ratmist is another member here who got duped by swoosh_uk and have posted a thread about that seller.
smiles.gif

Ok, I'll see what I can do with the boxes!

ps: Now I can see a slight difference in the colour of the cardboard box as well as the texture. Well spotted, Gemstone!

panda0410

Quote:
lol.gif

OMG!!! Soooo sorry...LOL...I was thinking about a post I just read and trying to answer you at the same time...LOL!!
lol.gif

Bowdiddly

I dont trust the pics I like the way the fake sellers never photograph the bases, I know some genuine sellers dont,but the last lot look defo fake the first lot off the radar and the other one have been photographed at funny angles I wouldnt touch any of them
type.gif

Bowdiddly

Quote:
I think that the batch code for this melon is wrong! Somebody correct me otherwise please
winks.gif
Also, batch codes are now imprinted on the backs of new boxes, I cant see one here??

Hi there the batch code looks OK date of production was Oct 05 and it was a first run.
I have some newer pigments with the batch code on the UPC label (barcode label ) I have one from Sept 05 pink opal bought from MAC and the batch is on the UPC label.
I know MAC had some labelling problems in 05 and the batch codes were inkjet labelled on the cartons separately they also had problems with the base labels on the jars some of the batch codes are embossed and not printed and some are actually missing and MAC were aware of this
I hope this helps
smiles.gif

Gemstone

Quote:
Found a few more!!

Off The Radar??
Gold Mode?

Just a few from jpgh aka Beauty Sampler. Do they look a bit unusual?:
Azreal Blue
Pink Mauve
Shimmertime
Lovely Lily
Deckchair
Pastorale
Pink
Subtle

What do you think??

I have purchased some samples from jpgh and believe they were genuine. They were also very pleasant to deal with. As for the "Gold Mode" and "Off The Radar"... I have never heard of it. Take a look at this page:

http://www.precautions.specktra.net/...es.html#auburn

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
IAs for the "Gold Mode" and "Off The Radar"... I have never heard of it. Take a look at this page:

http://www.precautions.specktra.net/...es.html#auburn

Yea, I've actually looked at the swatches list way before hand and I've NEVER heard of or seen Gold Mode and Off The Radar. :/ It's annoying yet funny to see some sellers trying to pass counterfeits off as real MAC Pigments, when the names don't even exist. Like "Off The Radar" or "Beautiful Ivy".
lmao.gif

Bybs

Quote:
I saw these ones too, and yet another fine example of aussie ebay pigment listings.... I reported them this morning

It's funny that you should mention this. I contacted this exact seller yesterday and questioned them in regards to the pigment name Cocco. They replied that they had been up late listing items and had typed the incorrect name. I checked shortly after and the listing had been updated to Coco.

dizzygal

Hi all
This is something that will make you laugh
it looks like the fakers have won on Ebay
A seller selling genuine MAC pigment samples has had their listings ended as the immensely clever Ebay have decided that the items are counterfeit
Yet we can all go on Ebay report fakers and Ebay do nothing words fail me
soapbox.gif