Counterfeit full size MAC Pigments on eBay

ratmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
LOL panda0410 has mixed you guys up, Gemstone. ratmist is another member here who got duped by swoosh_uk and have posted a thread about that seller.
smiles.gif

I just love being known by that moniker. "Ratmist - the girl who got duped"

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzygal
Hi all
This is something that will make you laugh
it looks like the fakers have won on Ebay
A seller selling genuine MAC pigment samples has had their listings ended as the immensely clever Ebay have decided that the items are counterfeit
Yet we can all go on Ebay report fakers and Ebay do nothing words fail me
soapbox.gif

TELL ME ABOUT IT!! No, don't tell me about it. It is utterly UNFAIR. I reported ALL the fake full size crap and other MAC wanna-bes that I always see (posted in Specktra) but eBay doesn't pull any of those down! They pull down the genuine MAC Pigment sample sellers/innocents down instead! HMMPH! I agree with you, dizzygal. Words fail me too AND
soapbox.gif
!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmist
I just love being known by that moniker. "Ratmist - the girl who got duped"

Heeeeey, I got duped too! So did some of the members here but that was before we discovered Specktra. At least we have Specktra to back us up now, hey!
winks.gif

dizzygal

Quote:
TELL ME ABOUT IT!! No, don't tell me about it. It is utterly UNFAIR. I reported ALL the fake full size crap and other MAC wanna-bes that I always see (posted in Specktra) but eBay doesn't pull any of those down! They pull down the genuine MAC Pigment sample sellers/innocents down instead! HMMPH! I agree with you, dizzygal. Words fail me too AND
soapbox.gif
!!!

Heeeeey, I got duped too! So did some of the members here but that was before we discovered Specktra. At least we have Specktra to back us up now, hey!
winks.gif

We have all had our fingers burnt somewhere along the line,I was a bit luckier as my sister used to work in quality assurance for a certain company and her specialty/area of knowledge was powders
so when I received my bundle of crap and the seller denied it was fake I was able to put them straight with a few item specs from her(seller said that she knew nothing).
I got my money back but the only sad thing was they were suspended from Ebay before I could Neg and secondly they were up and trading under to other Ids before you could blink still sellling their crap and now adding fake clothing and Ebay do nothing

Xqueeze_me

Look what I saw..

*NEW* MAC PIGMENTS!!! I found 2 on ebay!
- Off The Radar and Gold Mode (Can be found in this post)

Hmmm.. I suppose we need more evidence, such as pictures of the label on the bottom of the jars and possibly the box, to prove its innocence? I can't message the seller (of Off The Radar and Gold Mode) because of my feedback. The other seller of the Shimmer Pigments x3 (and Shimmer Pigments x2) has NOT and probably would NOT reply to my request for names of the pigments that she's selling and picture of the bottom of the jars.

What do you think?

Bybs

eBay would be making a lot of money from these fraudulent sellers. It really makes me wonder if this is why they haven't shut them down? I and many other eBayers have reported numerous sellers listed within these forums yet they still seem to be selling dangerous, counterfeit goods. Shame on you eBay!

ExquisiteImages

Quote:
soapbox.gif
!!!

winks.gif

eBay and MAC are working together to pull down listings of sellers selling samples of MAC pigments because of copyright infringement issues. I think I read that on another thread.

ExquisiteImages

Off the Radar and Gold Mode pigments look authentic to me. These may be working names (WN) for previous pigments that were released.

The best thing to do is to message the seller asking him/her to provide additional pictures before jumping conclusion that they're counterfeits.

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExquisiteImages
Off the Radar and Gold Mode pigments look authentic to me. These may be working names (WN) for previous pigments that were released.

The best thing to do is to message the seller asking him/her to provide additional pictures before jumping conclusion that they're counterfeits.

Yea, I've actually asked an MUA in LiveChat and she said the same thing. Like I said before though.. best ask for pictures of the bottom of the jars to prove its innocence (before jumping to conclusions <-- gotta clarify that!!).
smiles.gif

dizzygal

Quote:
eBay and MAC are working together to pull down listings of sellers selling samples of MAC pigments because of copyright infringement issues. I think I read that on another thread.

Hello all
I dont see many sellers selling samples on Ebay and I have seen that some have been suspended.
So it looks like MAC and Ebay have got together and have started pulling all the sample listings, I can only wonder what they will do with all their part jars of pigment.
There is a seller just selling them as Eyeshadow samples and not listing a brand I wonder who will by them or how long before Ebay pull those

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EYESHADOW-PIGM...QQcmdZViewItem

dizzygal

Quote:
Look what I saw..

Hmmm.. I suppose we need more evidence, such as pictures of the label on the bottom of the jars and possibly the box, to prove its innocence? I can't message the seller (of Off The Radar and Gold Mode) because of my feedback. The other seller of the Shimmer Pigments x3 (and Shimmer Pigments x2) has NOT and probably would NOT reply to my request for names of the pigments that she's selling and picture of the bottom of the jars.

What do you think?

I think they look the real deal,they could be a pre release? They dont have the thick bases like the run of the mill fakes and the colours look nice maybe seller should of took pics of the bases with the labels on
the seller also has Lauder etc and that looks OK from the Pics

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzygal
I think they look the real deal,they could be a pre release? They dont have the thick bases like the run of the mill fakes and the colours look nice maybe seller should of took pics of the bases with the labels on
the seller also has Lauder etc and that looks OK from the Pics

this same seller had jardin aires on ebay pre-release as well so I wouldnt necessarily write them off
graucho.gif

SamMakeup

how bizarre! I regularly sell pigment samples, I only have genuine stuff, either bought from rec'd sellers on here, or from shops where I've bought them myself.

I regularly grass up dodgy sellers (having been stung in the past), yet MAC has come along and LEFT my samples for auction, LEFT my 4 MAC shadows for sale, yet removed my 3 MAC brushes and my MAC lipliner...

I *think* its cos I put a 'click here for more info' url link in those particular auctions, and some tech boffin followed a link back and snitched on me....

most strange!

oh and it was me who asked about the product names and codes for Off the Radar and Gold Mode, smc1974!

I asked yesterday!

Sam x

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamMakeup
how bizarre! I regularly sell pigment samples, I only have genuine stuff, either bought from rec'd sellers on here, or from shops where I've bought them myself.

I regularly grass up dodgy sellers (having been stung in the past), yet MAC has come along and LEFT my samples for auction, LEFT my 4 MAC shadows for sale, yet removed my 3 MAC brushes and my MAC lipliner...

I *think* its cos I put a 'click here for more info' url link in those particular auctions, and some tech boffin followed a link back and snitched on me....

most strange!

oh and it was me who asked about the product names and codes for Off the Radar and Gold Mode, smc1974!

I asked yesterday!

Sam x

Sure sounds strange to removed SOME auctions and left some alone! Annoying, isn't it? :/

Thanks for asking the seller!! Looking forward to the reply from the seller regarding Off the Radar and Gold Mode! Hopefully the seller will include pictures of the labels on the bottom of the jar.
smiles.gif

ExquisiteImages

Quote:
Look what I saw..

What do you think?

I just read on Specktra's Collection thread 'Rushmetal', and a Specktrette listed Off the Radar and Gold mode as two out of the eight pigments that will be released on August 6th with the Rushmetal Collection.

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
I just read on Specktra's Collection thread 'Rushmetal', and a Specktrette listed Off the Radar and Gold mode as two out of the eight pigments that will be released on August 6th with the Rushmetal Collection.

w00t! Thanks for the info.
smiles.gif

Xqueeze_me

What do you think of these?? They're all from ONE seller from the UK.

Apricot Pink "Full" Sample
Dark Soul - Looks exactly like the crap fake Dark Soul I unknowingly purchased.
Coco - Guess where that picture came from!?
Golden Olive - Also looks exactly like the crap fake Golden Olive I unknowingly purchased.
Chocolate Brown - DEFINITELY FAKE! Box shows.
Frozen White - ALSO FAKE! Box shows.
Silver Glitter Pigment
Jet Black
Copperclast - Word PIGMENT doesn't look centred.
Azreal Blue
Steel Blue
Shimmertime - Label on the bottom of the jar looks exactly like the counterfeit labels.
Pink Vivid - The texture looks grotty like the crap fake Pink Vivid I unknowingly purchased.
You choose x21 colours - Classic fake: Position of colour labels on the bottom left corner on top of the boxes.

- The hole is not centred between PIGMENT and Net Wt.
- The Net Wt printing is WAY TOO close (an mm or two) to the display hole.
- In some pictures with the boxes, counterfeit MAC Pigments' labels are situated on the bottom left corner on top of the box.
(Glitter Brillants is in 2 straight lines [new packaging] above the display hole and the arc-shaped wording [old packaging] surrounding the display hole.)

For those who can't see the picture (Pictures sourced from www.eBay.com and relocated):

Apricot Pink
Dark Soul
Coco
Golden Olive
Chocolate Brown
Frozen White
Silver Glitter
Jet Black Glitter
Copperclast
Azreal Blue
Steel Blue
Shimmertime
Pink Vivid
You choose x21 colours

The Mixing Medium - The MAC font and description fonts looks a bit bolder than the authentic Mixing Medium box shown in the listing?

panda0410

I contacted this seller PRIVATELY to let her know that she may have been duped and she threatened to report me to ebay for bad behaviour!!

Update - she is going to take her items to MAC and have them checked, which is good because the full jars are clearly fake. At least she is trying to do the right thing, I do hope she will do it and notify her buyers, though she has so much listed it might be hard to contact them all.

dizzygal

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
I contacted this seller PRIVATELY to let her know that she may have been duped and she threatened to report me to ebay for bad behaviour!!

Update - she is going to take her items to MAC and have them checked, which is good because the full jars are clearly fake. At least she is trying to do the right thing, I do hope she will do it and notify her buyers, though she has so much listed it might be hard to contact them all.

The fake sellers always behave like victims,its strange how MAC and Ebay have not pulled her auctions yet there are genuine pigment sample sellers who are now suspended?
I think that one needs to be watched as she will still keep peddling her garbage as long as she can get away with it

panda0410

she actually told me she was a pro member and that ALL her goods have come directly from MAC - this crap, they are all obviously fake and if indeed she was a pro member then she would know the difference!! she has also threatened to srike NPB after they were notified that they were buying fake MAC