Counterfeit full size MAC Pigments on eBay

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzygal
its strange how MAC and Ebay have not pulled her auctions yet there are genuine pigment sample sellers who are now suspended?

I told her about this and she seemed to know nothing about mac hunting down sample sellers yet she claims that she is in frequent contact with the parent company estee lauder. funny that ebay has suspended sample sellers worldwide and she has escaped scrutiny.....

Xqueeze_me

This seller is registered as a Private Seller, just FYI.

If she's a MAC Pro member and is in frequent contact with Estee Lauder as she claimed to be, she should be able to identify straight away that the "MAC-wannabe" stuff are indeed garbage fakes. Especially the boxes, the FIRST thing that she can see but not able to identify.

I think she didn't get her sample listings pulled because she added "Full" into the title of the listings. For example, MAC Eyeshadow Pigment Full Sample - Apricot Pink - Rare.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabella
Has anyone bought one from them?

I have looked at these listings again and again - often they have very cheap mac going, but I have always shied away - the swatches dont tell you anything, maybe you should ask for some pics of the jar/box you are interested in and see what happens
smiles.gif

dizzygal

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
she actually told me she was a pro member and that ALL her goods have come directly from MAC - this crap, they are all obviously fake and if indeed she was a pro member then she would know the difference!! she has also threatened to srike NPB after they were notified that they were buying fake MAC

My sister worked for Estee Lauder companies for many years,anybody who is able to get a discount and they get a good discount are NOT allowed to resell their items,the items are supposed to be for personal use or family and friends gifts only.
Estee Lauder companies will not support unauthorised sellers of their items and they will not this is recent info from a good source confirm fakes or genuine items so this seller is telling great big porkies

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzygal
Estee Lauder companies will not support unauthorised sellers of their items and they will not this is recent info from a good source confirm fakes or genuine items so this seller is telling great big porkies

She sure is telling great big porkies. I love how you expressed that!
rofl.gif
Thank you for the extra info too!

Quote:
Update - she is going to take her items to MAC and have them checked, which is good because the full jars are clearly fake. At least she is trying to do the right thing, I do hope she will do it and notify her buyers, though she has so much listed it might be hard to contact them all.

I doubt she'll reply saying that her items are counterfeits AND that she'll go to MAC to verify her items but do correct me if I'm wrong. We can already visually see HER pictures in HER listings that HER stuff are crap fakes. Saying she's a Pro Member doesn't help at all because she can't even identify the counterfeit "pigments". As for refunding and notifying her buyers that she'd sold them garbage fakes, its possible but would she do it? No doubt she'll fight back and play the victim card, like dizzygal mentioned here.

dizzygal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
I canNOT believe people placed bids on them!!!

Beautiquity, what more can I say?
9 eyeshadows and 3 pigments and another 9 eyeshadows and 1 pigment

It's major bullcrap: Thai fakers!!!!!
ssad.gif

All Girl - What do you think? Asking for comments and not jumping to conclusions here. The box looks authentic. Seller has 2 of them up for sale.

I think this is a bad photo it looks too Pink it seems very light and powdery looking,it looks almost flat for want of a better word, there seems to be no silver sheen or shimmer to it, it may be that the pic is to bright/light? the seller has other pigments on another listing they look better maybe if there was a pic of the base?
And as for the other clock the eyeshadows looks like the brush in bottom type ! Utter Crap !!
ssad.gif

dizzygal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
She sure is telling great big porkies. I love how you expressed that!
rofl.gif
Thank you for the extra info too!

I doubt she'll reply saying that her items are counterfeits AND that she'll go to MAC to verify her items but do correct me if I'm wrong. We can already visually see HER pictures in HER listings that HER stuff are crap fakes. Saying she's a Pro Member doesn't help at all because she can't even identify the counterfeit "pigments". As for refunding and notifying her buyers that she'd sold them garbage fakes, its possible but would she do it? No doubt she'll fight back and play the victim card, like dizzygal mentioned here.

Clock her modified listing LOL MAC pro member My ****
lmao.gif

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MAC-Glitter-Sa...QQcmdZViewItem

I think she is trying to instill confidence, or convince herself that she knows what she is selling

panda0410

LOL - now if she was in contact with estee lauder reagrding this then I am sure she would be in court for copyright infringement!!!

Xqueeze_me

BTW, check this Frozen White out!

- Extra thick base
- Scratched box
- First "/" after Net Wt is more vertical than the second "/" after 7.5g
- Display hole is not centred between PIGMENT and the Net Wt description

Quote:
LOL - now if she was in contact with estee lauder reagrding this then I am sure she would be in court for copyright infringement!!!

Probably would get her a** sued for selling her garbage! I still don't believe that she's a Pro Member and in contact with MAC and Estee Lauder.

Xqueeze_me

3 "MAC" Cosmetics Pigments - Seller is beautiquity.. AGAIN: THAI FAKER!! :/

- The printing on the box is SO WRONG!
- Display hole is not centred between PIGMENT and Net Wt.
- The first "/" after Net Wt. is more vertical than the second "/" after 7.5g
- Base of the jars are thicker than the authentic ones
- Golden Olive looks like the crap fake that I unknowingly purchased

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Lookie here! We have a Sunpepper and Dark Soul! What do you think?

Says its brand new in box.. The box shows counterfeit signs.. So would you assume the Sunpepper pigment is counterfeit too?

- MAC font on the box is too bold
- PIGMENT is not centred above the display hole
- The first "/" after Net Wt. is more vertical than the second "/" after 7.5g (again)
- Jar bottom looks a bit thicker than authentic ones?
- Dark Soul looks EXACTLY like the fake crap I purchased unknowingly!

What do you think of the eyeshadows?

Seller's Note to buyers:

Quote:
Note: Some of these may have a "Tester" sticker on them (as seen in the photo). This does NOT mean that the product itself has actually been tested. It means that the company designed the use of this particular product to be given out to the cosmetic counters to be used as a tester. In order to prevent some unscrupulous employees from attempting to return these for cash or exchange them for other products, the company distinguished these by labeling them with a 'tester' sticker. As you can see from the picture, the product is brand new and has not actually been tested. If you still do not understand what this means then please do not bid. If you bid and purchase and leave negative feedback because you neglected to read this message the feedback will be returned and you will no longer be able to bid on my items, or the items of several other sellers who have banned together against the illiterate.

ps: Seller's other MAC items

panda0410

Its not just the "Pigment" that is not centered - if you look closely you will see that ALL the text on the box is actually placed to the LEFT on the box

Xqueeze_me

I've reported the following sellers to eBay and MAC:
  • beautiquity - Still selling their rubbish!
  • beauty-boost - Nothing up for sale at the moment.
  • cosmetic-stars - Not a registered user anymore (YES!!)!
  • obagesa - still selling their rubbish!
  • radio0star - also still selling their rubbish!
  • thenaughtygirl - selling fake MAC pigments but not sure about her other MAC items
Fingers crossed! Hopefully their garbage fake listings will be pulled AND possibly their accounts suspended/canceled.

Quote:
Its not just the "Pigment" that is not centered - if you look closely you will see that ALL the text on the box is actually placed to the LEFT on the box

That too!

Xqueeze_me

Thanks to panda0410 for detecting a new seller/counterfeiter/faker on eBay selling fake MAC Pigments AND a counterfeit MAC seller who is selling the same fake stuff as redbridgegal did.

A NEW faker - beuty4you has arisen! The garbage fake crap are:

Golden Olive
Coco
Dust Violet

- Box shows counterfeit trademarks, ie. faint and inconsistent printing, the first "/" (after Net Wt.) is more vertical than the second "/" (after 7.5g).
- Base of jars are thicker than the authentic MAC Pigment jars.

------------------------------------------------------------------

ALSO, crystalsmith36 is peddling the same stuff from redbridgegal's listings here (Listings are gone in redbridgegal's account but I've saved the pictures and added them to the post).

Silver Fog
Lovely Lily

- Silver Fog and Lovely Lily's "/" problem as well as the display hole not centred between PIGMENT and Net Wt description.

FYI, crystalsmith36 is registered as a Private Seller.... like redbridgegal. (Registration is 8 days apart and both locations are southampton.)

ExquisiteImages

Quote:
- Glitter Brillants should be in two straight lines on top of the display hole, not an arc-shaped sentence surrounding the display hole!

FYI, I have a BNIB authentic Copper Brillants that is like that with the arc-shaped sentence purchased from MAC PRO store in San Francisco. This is an older style packaging.

I'm not saying that the glitter pigments you posted above are fake or authentic as the pictures are blurry, but just to point out that I do have an authentic glitter pigment that comes in that same style packaging.

ExquisiteImages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabella
Does anyone know if these pigments are genuine?

http://stores.ebay.com/Blue-TheDenimBoutiqueCom_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ0QQftid Z2QQpZ8QQtZkm

It's so hard to tell because they use the swatch from mac's website instead of taking a picture of the actual pigment. Has anyone bought one from them?

Based in the feedback, I would trust this seller although he or she doesn't post the actual item's picture. I read through the feedback and he or she has sold previous MAC items before. That's just my opinion though.

However, you can ask the seller to take a picture or ask them questions about the pigment (i.e. what's the date code, does it have a barcode label, and what does it say on the bottom of the jar, etc.)

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExquisiteImages
...and the vials of the pigment are authentic as well as the mixing medium for sure.

I think what xqueeze_me was trying to say is that there are remarkable similarities between these two sellers crystalsmith36 and redbridegal - their listings are identical both in location, picture and content, the text is the same, the information is identical and in fact the only thing that has changed between the listings is the actual username - EVERYTHING else right down to the photos which are NOT stock photos are identical. Not only that I know that redbridegal had her listings under that name removed by ebay and furthermore I also know for a fact that she is being formally investigated by MAC for the sale of counterfeit MAC goods and gross copyright infringement. I think the message is if you buy from this seller just beware.