rockin

You've no need to apologise, Cheryl
smiles.gif

It's rather worrying that you got dodgy pigment direct from MAC
ssad.gif

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1165Cheryl
This Is Really Weird, I Placed A Order At Mac And My Vanilla Wasnt Real. As Soon As I Opened It I Knew, It Had A Pink Tint To It Like Pink Opal. I Always Try And Make Sure 2 Have 2 Jars Of My Fast Sellers And Was Shocked When I Saw This. Everything Else Was Ok...., The Box, The Jars Marking, Ect. I Would Love To Hear Everyones Feedback On This. Tha Nkfully I've Been Doing This For Years And Was Able To Spot It Asap Once I Opened It. I Wanted To Let Everyone Know To Really Keep Our Eyes Open. I Dont Double Check The Colors I Order From Mac Or Mac Pro But Now I'm Going To. Once Again I'm Glad That I've Been Dealing With Pigments A Long Time And Was Able To Spot It. Since I've Been Over Whelmed With Sales I Havent Been Able To Catch Fake Sellers Like I Was. Time To Go Rest...working 9 12 Hour Days Has Put My Lupus In A Major Flare Up. Oh Dany, I Just Realized I'm Typing In All Caps, I'm So Sorry Everyone
ssad.gif
((

are you sure?? I have vanilla and it does have a pinky/goldy opalescence to it - check the review forum for vanilla here and you will see all the reviewers saying the same thing
winks.gif

1165Cheryl

Hi,

Yeah, I'm Sure.... Vanilla Is My Personal Favorite Highlight Color & I've Been Selling It For Years. I Have A Few Empties And 1 Full One Which I Compared It To Since I Was So Shocked. As Soon As I Opened It The Differance Was Very Clear. I Have No Idea How This Could Have Happened. It Was Through Mac Pro And Not Mac Cosmetics Website. Any Other Ideas Of What Could Have Happened?? I Always Like Hearing Your Advice & Suggestions Panda
smiles.gif

BlahWah

Poum

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsong
To nick some of yours:

designercosmetics2007

d.i.v.a-la-g.l.a.m

kittyjang_77

heem2heem

thos99

whitneywonders (vile woman)

charleyandemily

qq2bemeqq

tikbutik2550

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]ganegiro[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]This is a good idea - i hope it becomes a sticky thread.[/FONT]

I had no troubles with d.i.v.a-la-g.l.a.m, I bought Peacykeen blush from this eller and it was perfect
th_dunno.gif

I would know if it was a fake - trust me - I've just received two eBay items that were counterfeit MAC in the last week!!! so mad
angry.gif

Poum

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_SiN_X
So I just contacted ebay via live help to inform them about the seller that has the 100 packs of mac pigs and eyeshadows... WOW
I was told that there is nothing they can do unless MAC contacts them directly, I told them everything I have read here... That MAC never sells wholesale, I told them of the grave safety risks concerning fake cosmetics and all they could say was... AND I QUOTE
"we reccomend sellers exercise their buyers beware rights (WTF) and if a buyer has bad instincts about a product not to purchase"

What the F*CK?!? I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

I'm gobsmacked!
girl_devil.gif

I am through with eBay - so sick of FAKES and dodgy sellers!!
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif

1165Cheryl

I wonder how much a pigment color can change when they make a new batch. When I wrote the above information about this vanilla I didnt want people to think MAC purposely did anything wrong.. I do know this wasnt their "normal" vanilla. I have to call them next week anyway for a out of stock item and will ask them about it. I really would like to figure out what could have happened & at the same time maybe learn something new and pass it on here. Does anyone know if it's possible for to much of a pink/gold color to be mixed in a new batch???

Poum

Quote:
Originally Posted by talste
Hi Every One,

This is my first post here,

I came across this forum after also being scammed by Divalaglam on ebay.

I filed a dispute not really expecting to get my money back but I am really excited to report Divalaglam in no longer a registered user on Ebay !!! Hopefully this will be a permenant suspension not just a temp one & other girls wont be tricked into buying her FAKE MAC like I was.

Cheers
Talste

omg!! I just realised something - when I went to leave FB for divalaglam she was no longer registered - she told me it was because of a mix up of fees and she would be back on soon! liar!

anyway, Im goin home to double check my blush I bought from her, pretty sure its legit though...

Poum

oh and sorry for the multiple posts, but has anyone bought off priceandshop08 before?

I think her brushes are dodge but dont want to blacken her name if not so!

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poum
omg!! I just realised something - when I went to leave FB for divalaglam she was no longer registered - she told me it was because of a mix up of fees and she would be back on soon! liar!

anyway, Im goin home to double check my blush I bought from her, pretty sure its legit though...

hi and welcome!!
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
never mind the multiple posts, posts as often as you need to...lol
winks.gif

we all know about divalaglam. xqueeze_me was the first to spot her fakes, the same fakes turned up in the UK. She continued to sell them even after the errors were pointed out to her. I would check the blush carefully!

Reading through your other posts which were the 2 other fake items you received?

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1165Cheryl
I wonder how much a pigment color can change when they make a new batch. When I wrote the above information about this vanilla I didnt want people to think MAC purposely did anything wrong.. I do know this wasnt their "normal" vanilla. I have to call them next week anyway for a out of stock item and will ask them about it. I really would like to figure out what could have happened & at the same time maybe learn something new and pass it on here. Does anyone know if it's possible for to much of a pink/gold color to be mixed in a new batch???

The only things I can think are maybe the formulation has changed, error in batches or maybe one of the staff/supplier has pulled a swifty and switched the items?? I honestly dont know. Maybe if you call the company just ask why there is such a difference in colour and see what they say?

Labonte

Quote:
oh and sorry for the multiple posts, but has anyone bought off priceandshop08 before?

I think her brushes are dodge but dont want to blacken her name if not so!

I bought 2 brushes from her. I'm actually not sure if they are fake or not! They smell kinda funky and have a shimmery handle, but they sure do look like the real deal.

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte
I bought 2 brushes from her. I'm actually not sure if they are fake or not! They smell kinda funky and have a shimmery handle, but they sure do look like the real deal.

No!! Those are definitely fake! MAC brushes should not smell like chemicals or anything. The handles are supposed to be matte as well, not shimmery. Sorry, but her (priceandshop08) brushes are fake. It's been posted before in this forum.

Poum

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
No!! Those are definitely fake! MAC brushes should not smell like chemicals or anything. The handles are supposed to be matte as well, not shimmery. Sorry, but her (priceandshop08) brushes are fake. It's been posted before in this forum.

aha!! I thought so! I got some today and they reeked of chemicals and just overall didnt look like MAC quality! The hairs felt soft but looked cheap and the handle's were all shimmery! The 'Japan' stamp was also too deep and rough, wheras the MAC ones are smooth and not so deep. I had bought three too
angry.gif
I ended up contacting the seller and she said that they were 100% genuine, but said I could have a full refund if I returned them at my expense. i have posted them off today, hopefully she is honest about getting them back in the mail and gives me my refund... or I will be very cross indeed! But she has so much good FB, I dont get it!!!

Poum

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
hi and welcome!!
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
never mind the multiple posts, posts as often as you need to...lol
winks.gif

we all know about divalaglam. xqueeze_me was the first to spot her fakes, the same fakes turned up in the UK. She continued to sell them even after the errors were pointed out to her. I would check the blush carefully!

Reading through your other posts which were the 2 other fake items you received?

Hi
tong.gif
thanks for the welcome!

Firstly I got a totally bad fake 'Peaches' blush from Kiara2585, she has now no longer a registered user, but I have opened a dispute thing against her anyway (hoping to get some $ back)!

Secondly, the three MAC brushes I posted about above.

Seriously tho, no more ebay for me! I am waiting on 2 eyeshadows and a plushglass to come through so hopefully they are ok or I will really be fuming!

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
angry.gif
I ended up contacting the seller and she said that they were 100% genuine, but said I could have a full refund if I returned them at my expense. i have posted them off today, hopefully she is honest about getting them back in the mail and gives me my refund... or I will be very cross indeed! But she has so much good FB, I dont get it!!!

I hope you returned the items with tracking number? Otherwise the seller would just pretend she never received it so you lose the $$ + extra postage $$.

Some people can be extremely nice but dishonest as hell. They tell you what you want to hear then they deny everything that was said/done.
angry.gif

Poum

^^ I didn't get a tracking number *cry*

I feel so stupid.....

I really hope she is honest about it. Anyway, guess I'l have to put it down to lesson learned.

The other seller Kiara2582 who I opened a dispute against (fake MAC blush) has contacted me saying that she will give me a refund if I send it back, which is good. I am going to send this one express post because she lives locally and then she won't be able to say she did not get it!

Does full refund mean item cost + postage cost?

panda0410

Quote:
^^ I didn't get a tracking number *cry*

I feel so stupid.....

I really hope she is honest about it. Anyway, guess I'l have to put it down to lesson learned.

The other seller Kiara2582 who I opened a dispute against (fake MAC blush) has contacted me saying that she will give me a refund if I send it back, which is good. I am going to send this one express post because she lives locally and then she won't be able to say she did not get it!

Does full refund mean item cost + postage cost?

State that you want postage costs refunded as well - make sure you mail her either through ebay or paypal so you have an original record of the request on file. make sure you also escalate the dispute to a claim - if you dont and she takes her time you may not ever see your refund at all.

Poum

Panda, she has already agreed to a 'full refund' and I have already said 'great I have posted it back to you' etc, but I didnt specify postage PLUS costs in my email. Should I specify this when I escalate it? How do I escalate, would I just open a claims dispute with the seller?

Sorry for all the questions, I feel like I am highjacking the thread!

By the way, the Peachykeen blusher I got from Divalaglam is definitley legit. I doubled checked it when I got home last night. Yay for me on one count at least!

Status
Not open for further replies.