eBay Sellers/Fakers to AVOID

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfsong

Yeah ive noticed these shill bidders too - ebay turns a blind eye because they are making them more money!
If ebay cared AT ALL about its buyers than it would ban counterfeit sellers/shill bidders by their ip number or credit card numbers (and not just suspend them when there is too much heat on ebay to do something). This would be the simple, obvious thing to do, so why dont they?

There is also a lot of angry people on the internet that are pissed off about paypals terms and conditions (basically they can seize your paypal account money without giving any reason or warning, and if you cant find out and give evidence that you are not dodgy than after 120 days they keep your money. Paypal is owned by ebay...)

Jade1012

btw... having an authenticity issue with jewlz4ever right now.... bought some of her brushes and not sure if they are the real deal. I am going to have MAC have a look at them. The brushes in question were (2) 239 SE and a 219 SE. They all had shiny black almost plastic like handles and silver MAC painted on them. They are also embossed with the word "China". I don't know about anyone else but MAC does not outsource to China do they? I did however get a MAC 180 brush that looked like the real deal. Anyway time will tell if she is legit. All I know is that she went ballistic on me in her reply to my query of her brushes. Managed to calm her down by telling her to be sensible about this.. If she were in my shoes how would she react? All in all.. after I conclude a couple of purchases that are pending with EBAY, I am done with them. From now on I will just pay retail... better guarantees that way and less headache.

Jade

p.s. sorry for the wall-o-text.. I am too tired to even try to be correct with my post :p

browneyedbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade1012
btw... having an authenticity issue with jewlz4ever right now.... bought some of her brushes and not sure if they are the real deal. I am going to have MAC have a look at them. The brushes in question were (2) 239 SE and a 219 SE. They all had shiny black almost plastic like handles and silver MAC painted on them. They are also embossed with the word "China". I don't know about anyone else but MAC does not outsource to China do they? I did however get a MAC 180 brush that looked like the real deal. Anyway time will tell if she is legit. All I know is that she went ballistic on me in her reply to my query of her brushes. Managed to calm her down by telling her to be sensible about this.. If she were in my shoes how would she react? All in all.. after I conclude a couple of purchases that are pending with EBAY, I am done with them. From now on I will just pay retail... better guarantees that way and less headache.

Jade

p.s. sorry for the wall-o-text.. I am too tired to even try to be correct with my post :p

MAC produce brushes in China, France, Japan and other countries. It's perfectly normal to have the country of production eg China embossed on the handle.

rockin

Unfortunately, ebay are making it harder than ever to spot shill bidding. It used to be only on items that went over a certain value (£100 in the UK) and bidders were then referred to as Bidder1, Bidder2 etc - impossible to know who you are bidding against.

They say it is to try to prevent fake SCOs (second chance offers). It may well do that, but it also means that people can find themselves paying much more than they would have because of shillers, which also has the effect of raising more profit for ebay in Final Value Fees. Sneaky or what?

They decided (in their wisdom) that they are going to extend this to all auctions, regardless of price/value, so bidders IDs are now being partially obscured. (the idea being, of course, that potential scammers/senders of fake SCOs, do not then know who to send their spoof emails to) You can only see your own ID in full, and none of the others.

I think that shilling has always been a much bigger problem than fake SCOs, and ebay would be better off doing away with SCOs instead of what they are doing.

Ebay can now easily pretend that shilling doesn't happen on ebay, whereas we all know it's rife
ssad.gif

Apologies for the essay - it's just that it's an issue that really winds me up

Xqueeze_me

Sounds more like they're protecting the sellers, which in turn brings in more $$ to them.

eBay is just f**king dumb now in my point of view for making the new rules and changes to "protect" eBayers. What a load of bullpoop. Too bad I have to use them occasionally to get rid of some stuff. *sighs*

Jade1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedbaby
MAC produce brushes in China, France, Japan and other countries. It's perfectly normal to have the country of production eg China embossed on the handle.

Thank you for that. I ALMOST don't feel so cheated. I was pissed when I thought the brushes were fake. The only thing that bothered me was her "psycho" reaction.. I even told her that her show of hostility was way over the top. Especially when I had worded my email to her as carefully and as neutrally as I could. I even told her that I would be honoring the auctions that I was bidding on at the moment. My husband was taken aback when he saw her e-mails to me. He simply suggested that I walk away from her shop and not purchase anything. He said her reaction and her angry e mails were very unprofessional and childish Some of her later emails were also somewhat "strange" Like asking me repeatedly why I was keeping the 180 I bought from her and was skeptical about the others (brushes) I sent her a message TWICE explaining because the 180 she sold me had legit packaging and the right country stamp like my other 180 and looked identical to the one I had.. barcode and all. It was a strange conversation all the way around.. like she could not accept that I was questioning her. All I can say after the conclusion of these transactions... never again on EBAY... and for the record... Jewlz did very, very well on shipping from Canada.. It arrived in a matter of days not weeks like a lot of other sellers from up North.

Jade

Jade1012

ok, after spending the morning reading all your replies on the brushes and doing some hardcore research of my own.. Jewlz4ever is legit!
pompom.gif
thank God too! I was hoping to find at least ONE EBAY seller we could trust. As for the emails she and I exchanged back and forth... I am going to chalk it up to late night irritation on both sides. It was pretty late and we were both obviously tired and having a "moment" I have already apologized to her and have said I hoped she and I could continue doing business with each other. She is the real deal and her customer service is IMPECCABLE! Have a great Sunday gals!

xoxo
Jade

rockin

Oh dear, another seller with fake MAC eyeshadows. This one's in the UK, user name maxboy2000

He's got this lot of eyeshadows 24 NIB MAC Eye Shadow FULL SIZE Different Colours on eBay, also, Health Beauty, Wholesale Job Lots (end time 11-Apr-08 04:37:10 BST) and he's selling some individually as well. All are referred to only by colour number, not name, and all are obviously not in genuine MAC pots, either.

He also has these, yikes!!!

MAC ROYAL ASSETSÂ♥EYE SHADOW PALETTE (12) COOL EYES NEW on eBay, also, Eye Shadow, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 10-Apr-08 16:14:03 BST)

Jade1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin
Oh dear, another seller with fake MAC eyeshadows. This one's in the UK, user name maxboy2000

He's got this lot of eyeshadows 24 NIB MAC Eye Shadow FULL SIZE Different Colours on eBay, also, Health Beauty, Wholesale Job Lots (end time 11-Apr-08 04:37:10 BST) and he's selling some individually as well. All are referred to only by colour number, not name, and all are obviously not in genuine MAC pots, either.

MAC ROYAL ASSETSÂanother forumEYE SHADOW PALETTE (12) COOL EYES NEW on eBay, also, Eye Shadow, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 10-Apr-08 16:14:03 BST)

O-M-G!!! the audacity...... that has to be the CRAPPIEST looking selection of wanna be MAC I have EVER seen! Looks like something you would buy at a dollar store!

Jade

stingray

Quote:

That's the one of those I reported to eBay the other day for fakes, their listings were removed only to appear again a couple of days later...
angry.gif

browneyedbaby

Quote:

MAC ROYAL ASSETSÂanother forumEYE SHADOW PALETTE (12) COOL EYES NEW on eBay, also, Eye Shadow, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 10-Apr-08 16:14:03 BST)

More dreadful fakes!!! I'll report them a bit later on. I scoured ebay last night and reported countless items, although out of the bunch I reported earlier last week NONE of the listing were cancelled.

browneyedbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade1012
ok, after spending the morning reading all your replies on the brushes and doing some hardcore research of my own.. Jewlz4ever is legit!
pompom.gif
thank God too! I was hoping to find at least ONE EBAY seller we could trust. As for the emails she and I exchanged back and forth... I am going to chalk it up to late night irritation on both sides. It was pretty late and we were both obviously tired and having a "moment" I have already apologized to her and have said I hoped she and I could continue doing business with each other. She is the real deal and her customer service is IMPECCABLE! Have a great Sunday gals!

xoxo
Jade

Glad it turned out ok! Perhaps the seller had pmt!!

wolfsong

Quote:

Just to add to this: I have messaged the seller telling them that their stock is counterfeit and they replied with this:

"[FONT=arial,sans-serif]can you please tell me why are these counterfeits? we have bought a large amount of these from a bankrupt company. Are the picture from counterfeits? has these are not the picture from the actual items. My purchase will arrive tomorow. if i send you a picture from the actual items can you tell me if is a counterfeit or not.. can you let me identify if it is a counterfeit? please let me know... i am very worried now as my supplier garantied me it is original.
hope you can help, thank you."

They sound genuine and responsible (though you cant always trust that!), and i have replied that i will take a look at their stock and have sent them photographic evidence to show the eyeshadows in the photos are fakes. I will post any developments on this, but im hoping that they get their money back from that con-artist company, as unlikely as this result may be...

Side note: Poor english. Admittedly may be typos etc though (spelling mistakes rather than badly worded sentences) - not everyone is good infront of a keyboard.

[/FONT]

rockin

I received fake Deep Blue Green and Chartreuse pigments from another seller on the 'recommended' list today - naomidrive
ssad.gif

panda0410

Quote:
I received fake Deep Blue Green and Chartreuse pigments from another seller on the 'recommended' list today - naomidrive
ssad.gif

ah, you havent had such good luck
ssad.gif
I will make sure I include some Deep Blue Green for you
th_wink3.gif

Xqueeze_me

So now that we've established the current couple of "recommended eBay sellers" are now selling fakes, their eBay IDs are:

beverleybelle
closetmustgo
naomidrive (Thanks Beautypsycho and rockin!)

And then there's kate.richie

Nasty!
thmbdn.gif

rockin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
So now that we've established the current couple of "recommended eBay sellers" are now selling fakes, their eBay IDs are:

beverleybelle
closetmustgo

And then there's kate.richie

Nasty!
thmbdn.gif

You can add naomidrive to that list

Status
Not open for further replies.