eBay Sellers/Fakers to AVOID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
So now that we've established the current couple of "recommended eBay sellers" are now selling fakes, their eBay IDs are:

beverleybelle
closetmustgo
naomidrive (Thanks Beautypsycho and rockin!)

And then there's kate.richie

Nasty!
thmbdn.gif

I do have a good word for Closetmustgo, as you know I bought the Brule e/s off her a while ago, and I have just receieved Plusluxe Plushglass and they are both legit......
maybe she is just selling pigment fakes?

Poum

Just reading through the latest posts, do you guys mean to say that Paypal will only refund you if you can prove you have been sold fakes??

my sh*ttyness is growing intense

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poum
I do have a good word for Closetmustgo, as you know I bought the Brule e/s off her a while ago, and I have just receieved Plusluxe Plushglass and they are both legit......
maybe she is just selling pigment fakes?

Most probably just selling fake pigments. :/

Xqueeze_me

So there's this Australian seller, schnifuls123, with 100% positive feedback. YET selling FAKE Barbie "LipLustres".

**Barbie Loves MAC**LipLustre**Lip Gloss**BNIB - Shade #007
**Barbie Loves MAC**LipLustre**Lip Gloss**BNIB - Shade #004
**Barbie Loves MAC**LipLustre**Lip Gloss**BNIB - Shade #003
**Barbie Loves MAC**LipLustre**Lip Gloss**BNIB - Shade #010
**Barbie Loves MAC**LipLustre**Lip Gloss**BNIB - Shade #012
**Barbie Loves MAC**LipLustre**Lip Gloss**BNIB - Shade #005

AND those outdated FAKE eyeshadows with mirror compartment and a brush.

She said she bought too much of them from Canada and that the packaging is different compared Australian's MAC eyeshadows. Well, shit.
rants.gif

MAC Eyeshadow BNIB - "Purple eyeshadow"
MAC Eyeshadow BNIB - "Pink eyeshadow"
MAC eyeshadow BNIB - "Green eyeshadow"
MAC Eyeshadow BNIB - "Brown eyeshadow"
MAC Eyeshadow BNIB - "Baby Blue eyeshadow"
MAC Eyeshadow BNIB - "Blue eyeshadow"
MAC Eyeshadow BNIB - "Charcoal eyeshadow"
MAC Eyeshadow BNIB - "White eyeshadow"

This is my message to her:
Quote:
The 'MAC' eyeshadows and Barbie lipglosses that, mentioned in the listings, you bought from Canada are fakes. MAC eyeshadows (especially single ones) do NOT come with mirrors and brushes. The ones you're selling are trademark fakes that flooded eBay last year. It is impossible for MAC to change their packaging just because they're sold in different countries. Also, MAC eyeshadows will ALWAYS come with names, NOT 'shade numbers' or colour names for crayons/colour pencils.

The Barbie liplustres would ALSO ALWAYS come with names. NOT 'shade numbers'. MAC does NOT do wholesale for onward resale so I'm guessing the manufacturer is a supplier of fake MAC.

It would be extremely IMPOSSIBLE to purchase them from MAC Counters/Stores seeing that the staff would NOT sell you rubbish like these to customers.

This message is not meant as an attack but these counterfeit MAC may contain harmful substance that may cause skin irritation, blindness, etc. Google fake MAC.

Thanks for reading.

Hope I don't sound harsh but I'm very PISSED OFF right now with the lies (bought from Canada, no shade names, mirror/brush compartment in eyeshadows and different packaging in different countries
rant.gif
) and the selling of FAKE MAC!

look_divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
So correct me if I'm wrong but what caught my attention was this "wholesale" business crap with the fakes mixed in with Fafi items...

MAC COSMETICS HUGE WHOLESALE LOT + FAFI BONUS

The eyeshadow boxes look wrong.
The Rose and Melon pigments look wrong.
The concealer's packaging looks wrong.

It's already on $202.50. User ID kept private.
thmbdn.gif

what i gather is if the item starts at or hit a high amount ebay automatically hide the bidders identities
ssad.gif

shocking as it is

1165Cheryl

Here's another one to add Inxstous. I returned 2 fakes and did a dispute via paypal so I would have a paper trail along with them knowing it was a fake. Advice for new people returning fakes.To get your refund, make sure paypal knows whats going on, don't rely on the sellers 'word" Make sure you have a paper trail with paypal even though it might upset the seller. I did that today along with telling the seller why I filed the dispute, I did it to protect myself and to make sure I got my refund.Always protect yourself if possible!! Usually I get a refund before returning the item but the seller wouldnt so this was my only choice, this or eat the money. Like I've mentioned before I buy from sellers to make sure their product is authentic and dont spend much on the item incase I have to eat the cost. Most people dont do it for this reason though which is why i'm writing this, I'd hate to see new buyers get ripped off by trusting. Oh, this buyer had already left me good feedback also
smiles.gif

anneh89

Also these too, the 'e' looks different on them, and the description doesn't say what the shades of the e/s are...
12 Mac Versatile colours, perfect for every occasion. - eBay, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 27-Mar-08 21:01:16 AEDST)
Seller ID: what_iwant

No shade description, and number on lid?
MAC glitter eyeliner 06 medium green - eBay, Eyeliner, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 31-Mar-08 22:53:54 AEST)
Seller ID: my_piper

No shade description, Text on tube looks dodgy...don't think its just supposed 2 say 'Eye Liner' should be "Liquidlast Liner' or Glitter Eye liner or something.
NEW!!! MAC GLITTER EYELINER - gOrGEoUS pale green, rare - eBay, Eyeliner, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 27-Mar-08 21:29:06 AEDST)
Seller ID: shop_fleur

Hope this helps
smiles.gif

peek_a_b0o

***** GOT MY MONY BACK FROM "isellyoucheap"

I threatend him with Paypal, Ebay, and My financial institution and got my money back full refund. Except I had to pay 6.00 to ship it back to him. I did 2-3 Business day ship and proof by signature of receipt!!! Yay Im happy. $120.00 that I can spend on Real M.A.C Brushes now!!

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by peek_a_b0o
***** GOT MY MONY BACK FROM "isellyoucheap"

I threatend him with Paypal, Ebay, and My financial institution and got my money back full refund. Except I had to pay 6.00 to ship it back to him. I did 2-3 Business day ship and proof by signature of receipt!!! Yay Im happy. $120.00 that I can spend on Real M.A.C Brushes now!!

lol...hahaha, what a username - isellyoucheap - says it all doesn't it
th_LMAO.gif

i'm glad you got your $$ back - go buy some real brushes and enjoy every bit of them
yahoo.gif

Sanayhs

User tommygrl69 is knowingly selling fake brush sets. She excuses herself by adding "seller receives items from a reputable source, items are trusted authentic, but not guaranteed" at the bottom of the listing.

amber_j

sinful_sexy23 sold me an awful fake Parrot eyeshadow but claims that she's been conned by her sellers. At least she's agreed to give a full refund, but that's no good for buyers who don't realise they've been sold fake goods.

I've also received a fake MAC eyeshadow from sam7ali but have also been offered a full refund.

I think I've lost all faith in eBay...

amber_j

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsong
I dont know if she's been added to the list but she's selling the new fakes. Ive reported all of her auctions and have messaged her to tell her that she has the 'good fake' pigments/glitters and to please remove them:

hollywoodgals

Shiny lids, dark boxes and stickers, 'off' looking pigments/glitters, and only pigments and glitters from the lists of fakes - none others.

I've returned a pigment to her and she's agreed to give me a full refund. I've dealt with this seller before and she's always been very nice and above board. I think she may be one of the many unfortunate sellers who've been sold fake products by dodgy suppliers. She said she's been in touch with MAC and her suppliers and will let me know what feedback she gets from MAC. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber_j
She said she's been in touch with MAC and her suppliers and will let me know what feedback she gets from MAC.

You should just tell her MAC does NOT do wholesale for onward resale (I know I've repeated this a lot of times!
tong.gif
) so in other words, "MAC suppliers" = FAKERS/COUNTERFEITERS.

amber_j

^^^ lol, yes you have but it's good to say it again!
yes.gif

I'll mention this when I next hear from her.

love2482

OK, I wish I knew about this forum BEFORE I bought a MAC brush from priceandshop08!! As soon as I bought it, I had a gut feeling that it was a mistake. Sure enough, a few days later, I get this email from ebay:

The following is a notice from eBay Trust & Safety regarding:

Item Number - 140215898721

Item Title - $42 M.A.C MAC Professional Large Face/Powder Brush #150

Our records show that you were a bidder or buyer of one or more of this seller's items. We recently removed this seller's active listings and suspended the seller's trading privileges. Due to privacy concerns we cannot share further details about this seller.

If the seller asks you to complete this transaction outside of eBay, we strongly recommend that you do not proceed with the transaction. Transactions for items listed on eBay but then completed off of the eBay platform are not covered by buyer protection programs offered by eBay and can be highly indicative of fraud. For more information on Offers to Buy or Sell Outside of eBay, copy and past the following Help Page link into your browser: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/rfe-spam-non-ebay-sale.html.

If you have already paid for this item but have not received it, you should take all possible steps to receive reimbursement.

1. If an amicable resolution cannot be reached, the buyer can close their Item Not Received dispute and escalate it to a claim. If the transaction was paid for using PayPal and qualifies for PayPal Buyer Protection the claim will be routed to PayPal for review typically within 30 days. (http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/faq/itemnotreceivedprocess.html)
2. Stop payment with your bank if you paid by check.
3. Contact the Security Department of your credit card company to file a chargeback if you paid via credit card.
4. If you paid via Western Union or MoneyGram, contact the company directly (Western Union 800-325-6000 or MoneyGram 800-926-9400). eBay does not protect payments made via Western Union or MoneyGram per our Acceptable Payments Policy (http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/accepted-payments-policy.html).
5. If you paid with PayPal, eligible transactions will receive coverage up to $200 at no additional cost. However, the majority of transactions may be covered up to $2,000. To file a claim with PayPal, login to your PayPal account and copy and paste the following link into your web browser: http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/protections-buyer-outside. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the File a Claim link. PayPal claims must be filed within 45 days of the close of the listing. It may take at least 30 days to complete the investigation and resolve the dispute.

Please do not respond to this email, as your reply will not be received.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety

Great, huh???

I have reason to believe that she has a new account under design.catcraz since the ebay listing is pretty much the exact same as priceandshop08.

Ugg.

Status
Not open for further replies.