eBay Sellers/Fakers to AVOID

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockin

Ebay is making all bidders' IDs anonymous - what you're seeing isn't the bidders' real IDs. They are simply being partially obscured by ebay, using asterisks. j****l and m****k, for example, don't necessarily know each other.

On UK auctions, all the bidder IDs are now replaced entirely by 'bidder1', 'bidder2' etc, whereas this previously only happened on auctions that went over £100. Only the seller and yourself can see your ID. Only the winning ID is public knowledge at the end of the auction. According to ebay, it's to prevent fake Second Chance Offers being sent my unscrupulous fraudsters (who are not involved in the transaction) to underbidders.

That's not to say that some of these bidders aren't shillers, of course, but there is now no way of being able to judge whether they really are or not. A person isn't always 'bidder1' - it is just their ID for that particular auction, and they might be 'bidder2', 'bidder3' or whatever on another auction.

Jade1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
kosmetiques_boutiques is flogging fake pigments and eyeshadows. The shades are just WAY OFF and disgusting-looking! (I know, I know I can't distinguish whether its fake or not by the shades in the listings but these ones are TOO FAR OFF!)

Smart, mix in with some authentic stuff too... Sneaky faker like the genuine sellers turned bad!

Cornflower

Revved Up
Copperized
Accent Red
Golden Lemon
Gold Mode

Sushi Flower e/s - Lookie at the box and label on top of box
Beauty Marked e/s - Lookie at the box and label on top of box too. Is the shade even correct?

Classic fake - "MAC" 7 piece Brush set

You know what kills me? The bidders of these items paid the EXACT same price that they would have paid, shipping included, if they had bought straight from MAC. Like the Golden Lemon piggie... I know MAC discontinued it but they still have it available for just 19.50? I don't deal with EBAY anymore.. I just go straight to the source. Just not worth the hassel and the headache. Too many rip off artists on there. As for keeping the names of bidders obscured.. I had heard nothing about that at all. I usually read all my messages on the EBAY site and I saw no mention of this. Wonder if I missed it somehow...
hmm.gif

Shimmer

Ladies, I do ask that you all remain civil in your discussions. This is a subject that stirs many passions, understandably, and words can become quite strong, with that in mind, I ask that we keep in mind how our phrases can come across on the internet.

*kitty*

first post!!!
anyone ever dealt with MEESHELL820 on US ebay?? she sells e/s refills and some empty palettes and lipsticks and what not.
she has excellent communication and offers triple your money back if you find that her items are fake.
She seems pretty good. and it's not ridiculously cheap or anything i think its US13 for a refill, which is pretty norm, but she's got great shipping, so thats why i was looking at her

Poum

Hey kitty, i just did a quick search for you and Meeshell is on the reccomended 'Favourite Ebay Sellers/MUA list'. I have copied and pasted this post from that thread:

OK, guys. I went through all the posts and put together what I hope to be a comprehesive list of those sellers who are recommended. I tried to avoid putting sellers on the list if someone had a poor comment on them. If you think someone is on here who shouldn't be or if I forgot a seller, let me know! HTH
smiles.gif

In alphabetical order (drum roll please)...

• *supermatt*
  • 1165CHERYL
  • aat_03
  • Addicted2MAC
  • all cosmetics store
  • allmistymandy
  • allThingsGirl
  • Amistosa
  • beautybiz_com
  • BeverleyBelle
  • blush-etc
  • bootyliciousmac
  • carduzz
  • closetmustgo - LOTS of votes
  • cosmetic.nut
  • cosmeticland0 - did I see a negative?
  • danejasmine
  • diamond*tears
  • dukeofnyrk
  • ecosmeticsinc
  • evalueville - LOTS of votes, but only sells clothes now?
  • fashenista
  • fran24112
  • fredlablanc
  • gallianogirl999
  • gingerpett
  • hcortez43 - LOTS of votes
  • hoanganhcali - LOTS of votes
  • Janicea2001
  • jessiekins1
  • Jeweleye11
  • Jewlz4ever
  • Junglestarr
  • karmacool2007
  • Kgal
  • kilomydog
  • kizz_my
  • libertybell6563
  • livinformenow
  • lynnandjason1998
  • MAC_MOCHA
  • mac-a-holic
  • mackyloo
  • meeshell820
  • MEINYODA
  • mijuna
  • Mistella
  • mlv3
  • mumschild
  • my-boo-kitty - GEEZ, LOTS of votes
  • naomidrive
  • naturally*flawless
  • nickalys
  • nownowbenice - no longer selling?
  • oliveme777
  • pakman1968
  • pakman1969 - I think this is prob. the new identity of above, but still lots of votes - no longer selling?
  • Panacea81 - LOTS of votes
  • Paperdoll
  • purpledollroom
  • rach690_11
  • rio5743
  • Rosieboo
  • rubette07
  • samphora-face-treat
  • scheepies
  • shaps58
  • shoptivoli2000
  • Shrinkle
  • sillyseahorse1589
  • Sofver - LOTS of votes
  • sorroww13
  • stefunnie
  • Strawberrybeauty
  • Strbuks77
  • Swtginbug
  • tabbma
  • Temptalia
  • trustful_selller
  • V_DarkBloom
  • vicki_h21
  • whateverdude9
  • xbeautylisciousx
  • Youtooblue
I think this list is pretty up to date, but be warned that some sellers who have never sold fakes before are unknowingly selling them now.... It is all a risk with ebay! See what the others think tho, maybe someone has dealt with her recently.

(hehe, I am following you around forums!)

*kitty*

hehehe thanks Poum..... she's got such good prices, plus i can get an empty palette as well, and it saves me going through a forwarding service!

wolfsong

Quote:
Originally Posted by *kitty*
first post!!!
anyone ever dealt with MEESHELL820 on US ebay?? she sells e/s refills and some empty palettes and lipsticks and what not.
she has excellent communication and offers triple your money back if you find that her items are fake.
She seems pretty good. and it's not ridiculously cheap or anything i think its US13 for a refill, which is pretty norm, but she's got great shipping, so thats why i was looking at her

As far as we know, refills have not been faked (nor have palettes and most lipsticks). If she's truly offering triple refunds for fake items, then id be very willing to trust her - it means so much more than '100% guaranteed genuine' claims (and suggests she's at least a bit open to the idea that a fake could slip past her net).

1165Cheryl

Hi,
Meesheel is a trustworthy seller, I've only heard good things about her. I use to use her alot before I started buying directly from Mac.

yorkshiregal

I would just like to add that a2bdropship sells fakes, I bought a few items off of her and they are all fake also most of them were used and was meant to be brand new!!! Avoid this seller

1165Cheryl

Here is another new seller on ebay, I asked them where they got there full jars from (they were selling a disc LE color at a buy it now price of 16.50!) and this is what they said "thanks for your interest, I get all my MAC items off MAC warehouse sale in Canada". I emailed them back asking if they meant the pro store in canada or this wholesale warehouse I've been hearing about, this was his responce
"not the main store, it's a warehouse sale." I informed him that there isnt and MAC wholesale warehouse's and many new mac sellers are saying thats where they are getting their stock, ect...Many of these sellers really think they are selling the real thing.

I really wish there was a way we can find out where this "warehouse" is and somehow take them out or inform Mac Pro about where these places are.

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade1012
You know what kills me? The bidders of these items paid the EXACT same price that they would have paid, shipping included, if they had bought straight from MAC. Like the Golden Lemon piggie... I know MAC discontinued it but they still have it available for just 19.50? I don't deal with EBAY anymore.. I just go straight to the source. Just not worth the hassel and the headache. Too many rip off artists on there. As for keeping the names of bidders obscured.. I had heard nothing about that at all. I usually read all my messages on the EBAY site and I saw no mention of this. Wonder if I missed it somehow...
hmm.gif

I don't believe Golden Lemon is discontinued.

But I do think that yes, they do keep bidders obscured on Ebay now, that's why they have those screennames up like that.

neezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
kosmetiques_boutiques is flogging fake pigments and eyeshadows. The shades are just WAY OFF and disgusting-looking! (I know, I know I can't distinguish whether its fake or not by the shades in the listings but these ones are TOO FAR OFF!)

Smart, mix in with some authentic stuff too... Sneaky faker like the genuine sellers turned bad!

Cornflower

Revved Up
Copperized
Accent Red
Golden Lemon
Gold Mode

Sushi Flower e/s - Lookie at the box and label on top of box
Beauty Marked e/s - Lookie at the box and label on top of box too. Is the shade even correct?

Classic fake - "MAC" 7 piece Brush set

wait...is his name kosmeticskid ?

neezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by *kitty*
first post!!!

yeah she's good. I actually had a situation with her where i didn't receive some palettes she sold...so i had put up an unreceived item with her...so she actually (after me being upset they wasn't here and letting her know that lol) sent me 3 eyeshadow refills to go with the palettes that finally came. I thought that was nice of her. but she does sell some of her stuff overpriced lol.

neezer

anywho here are my list of folks:

there is a guy his name is POPO and some numbers behind that...sold me fake eyeshadows...from Thailand of course.

AuthShop39, he sells fake and very grotesque brushes!! i got some brushes from him, not only was they in alphabetical order as far as the numbers (and yall know that the lip brush is not a 169 lol) but he tried to play men and give me negative feedback because he knew it was coming to him!! so i made a picture of my fake stuff:

http://a966.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...45baabf6ad.png

HA! lol. but yeah there is this one other person, i told her that her eyeshadow was fake and that in the US you can be prosecuted for selling fake eyeshadow and she claims she was thankful for me telling her that but she still kept them up...here is the link:
MAC lot 18 eye shadows - eBay (item 130213284575 end time Apr-16-08 06:27:07 PDT)

Xqueeze_me

So this eBay seller, weekend-in-paris, is selling fake Bright Fuchsia. WHAT A BUMMER! I was gonna sell mine on eBay now I don't want to. *Incoherent swearing*

MAC PIGMENT FULLSIZE BRIGHT FUCHSIA BOXED 100%AUTHENTIC - eBay MAC, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Health Beauty. (end time 30-Apr-08 11:29:31 AEST)

MAC PIGMENT FULLSIZE BRIGHT FUCHSIA BOXED 100%AUTHENTIC - eBay MAC, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Health Beauty. (end time 23-May-08 11:28:42 AEST) <-- 8 available!

100% Authentic *cough*bull*sh!t*cough*

The whole chunk of info down the bottom of the listing screws my eye up BUT these caught my attention:

Quote:
Copyright laws: “Copyright law, like trademark law, grants a lot of exclusive rights to the holder of the copyright. It also states specific exceptions. The First Sale Doctrine is an important part of trademark law. Without it, owning something would be VERY complicated. The First Sale Doctrine says that once the owner of a copyrighted item sells it, or gives it away, the owner can no longer control what is done with the item.
(HAD TO SEPARATE SO YOU WON'T GET A HEADACHE! XD)
If in any way this auction is wrongfully ended through a VERO - member, please note the following,Catwalk Cosmetics will seek economical compensation from the VERO member for: Tortuous Business Interference Negligent Representation by VERO - Member Fraudulent Representation by VERO - Member Outrageous Conduct based on the “first sale doctrine” and the “fair use” of trademarks. Note: These cosmetics are original and catwalk is not affiliated with lancome or any other brand

What a load of bollox/crock/crap! That doesn't give them the friggin right to sell counterfeit MAC pigments!

Status
Not open for further replies.