eBay Sellers/Fakers to AVOID

Status
Not open for further replies.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaquille
iOffer: toyourfrontdoore-shop's Profile

that company sells some pigments too, they sell some for very cheap.. are they fake?

When I see bulk listings like Jewelmarine glitter its best to tread with caution - this was a glitter mass fake produced and floating around everywhere amongst other glitters and pigments. HOWEVER there are a LOT of her other items that are definitely authentic, so maybe just be picky with what you choose to buy
smiles.gif

Exotica

Hey ladies

I was one of the first to buy a bulk eyeshadow lot off magenta-shores on Ebay Australia. Wasn't really 100% sure they were fake until recently (thats why I kept my mouth shut) and unfortunately I already left pos feedback...

She's selling TONS of the same duplicate bulk lots and even has a "how to spot fake mac" guide on each of her auctions..

Anyway, the eyeshadows have a weird smell to them, almost like chemicals... and the texture is quite flakey and hard.

I depotted one and sure enough there was an indented ring on the pan which is the same as in Xqueeze_me's pic (hope you don't mind me posting this picture)
DE9.jpg

Maybe she isn't aware that they're fake.. I dont know. But steer clear from forking out the $$big bucks$$ like I did.

I've also noticed that Ebay Australia has DIFFERENT sellers that go through a period of time selling the SAME eyeshadows (eg. at the moment there's Spring Up, Nocturnelle, Satellite Dreams plus many more). They all seem to sell them individually for around $15AU but the same colours keep going round and round and round and round and round until it's become shockingly obvious that the seller(s) must have at least 30-40 eyeshadows in the same colours. Maybe i'm just being paranoid.. but it seems reeeeally fishy to me. Keep in mind that magenta-shores IS one of those "round-a-bout" sellers also.

Note: She also sells MAC pigments, blushes, cream colour base, glitter brilliants. I can only comment on the glitter brilliant and pigment since thats all I have from her apart from the eyeshadows - so i'm assuming that they're all fake also.

ClareBear86

ok guys, UK sellers to avoid, all selling fakes now
smiles.gif

im pretty sure about 5 or 6 of these names are the same person

Evierose01
Colourful_zone
Bangle*
Bodey44
Jonlikenoother
Spoil_yourself_2day123
Beth_pietersen
Beth_moules1984 (i suspect these 2 are the same person)
Busyanisa
Sophie_joe
shoppaholics_uk123
Pinky.spyglass
cath*scosmetics (im not 100% on this one but im pretty sure there fake pigments shes got)
hotgifts100
Deana2359
Shazza39818
bridesanddolls.2008
coco_9980
a_riz786
eiyp
briz43
Maddie0177

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotica
Hey ladies

I was one of the first to buy a bulk eyeshadow lot off magenta-shores on Ebay Australia. Wasn't really 100% sure they were fake until recently (thats why I kept my mouth shut) and unfortunately I already left pos feedback...

She's selling TONS of the same duplicate bulk lots and even has a "how to spot fake mac" guide on each of her auctions...

That's ok. As long as my watermark is still on the pic, that's fine.
yes.gif

Tons/Bulk lots. Avoid, especially when it comes to MAC. What's disgusting about that seller is that she's trying to be a "saviour" teaching and warning people about fake MAC. Truly disgusting. She should get her facts right before she even start selling so that people won't accuse her of selling fakes, which she clearly is.
angry.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Got another one for y'all...hawaiianbarbi06. Sold me a pretty bad fake Acid Orange. Just sent her an e-mail firmly stating that I want my $$ back. We'll see how she responds...I will get Paypal involved if I have to.

OK, update on my experience...the seller didn't respond to my ebay message, so I filed a claim with Paypal and my money was refunded, even before I sent the pigment back. So I don't really know if she's the one that did it or if Paypal refunded me. In my claim, I listed the pigment as a fake, different in color, and a cheaper substitution, then I went into great detail about how I knew the pigment was fake. I'm holding on to the pigment to see if I get a request to send it back. Otherwise I sure as hell am not going to pay out of my own pocket to send it back so this seller can re-list it again.

neezer

Quote:
Hey ladies

She's selling TONS of the same duplicate bulk lots and even has a "how to spot fake mac" guide on each of her auctions..

Anyway, the eyeshadows have a weird smell to them, almost like chemicals... and the texture is quite flakey and hard.

I depotted one and sure enough there was an indented ring on the pan which is the same as in Xqueeze_me's pic (hope you don't mind me posting this picture)
DE9.jpg

Maybe she isn't aware that they're fake.. I dont know. But steer clear from forking out the $$big bucks$$ like I did.

I've also noticed that Ebay Australia has DIFFERENT sellers that go through a period of time selling the SAME eyeshadows (eg. at the moment there's Spring Up, Nocturnelle, Satellite Dreams plus many more). They all seem to sell them individually for around $15AU but the same colours keep going round and round and round and round and round until it's become shockingly obvious that the seller(s) must have at least 30-40 eyeshadows in the same colours. Maybe i'm just being paranoid.. but it seems reeeeally fishy to me. Keep in mind that magenta-shores IS one of those "round-a-bout" sellers also.

Note: She also sells MAC pigments, blushes, cream colour base, glitter brilliants. I can only comment on the glitter brilliant and pigment since thats all I have from her apart from the eyeshadows - so i'm assuming that they're all fake also.

Yeah what i noticed from the ones that have been in the indented pans were oddly enough redtone/purple colors...the ones i got from MalibuBarbieandFriends was Satellitte Dreams, Folie, Nocturnelle, Some whites and AngelCake, Sushi Flower, and one more but i forgot lol. But i noticed that most of the fake ones, they all have that combo of colors in them!

chrispl

The seller Denise wasn't listed..she actually over the weekend refunded me in full..So if her's were genuine why refund me??? She goes by the ID ethical^angel I think.. I will have to double check...

Also that magenta shores I think is the seller divaglam who was suspended from ebay..

The colors I got that are fake all came from those 4 sellers

mslrosati swears now she gets her's from Mac when she previously told me she gets her's through a bulk supplier & she has also refunded me a very small amount for black tied & freshwater that were fakes

the eyeshadow fakes i have reseived are

Jest
Spring up
light ray
vellum
gesso
freshwater
brun
kid
creme-de-violet
sushi flower
angelcake
honey lust

There are more but I need to get to owrk & I have depoted some & they all have the #15 on the back & 3 I pulled apart & they have the indented ring on the bottom..

Cheers Chris

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispl
The seller Denise wasn't listed..she actually over the weekend refunded me in full..So if her's were genuine why refund me??? She goes by the ID ethical^angel I think.. I will have to double check...

Also that magenta shores I think is the seller divaglam who was suspended from ebay..

The colors I got that are fake all came from those 4 sellers

mslrosati swears now she gets her's from Mac when she previously told me she gets her's through a bulk supplier & she has also refunded me a very small amount for black tied & freshwater that were fakes

the eyeshadow fakes i have reseived are

Jest
Spring up
light ray
vellum
gesso
freshwater
brun
kid
creme-de-violet
sushi flower
angelcake
honey lust

There are more but I need to get to owrk & I have depoted some & they all have the #15 on the back & 3 I pulled apart & they have the indented ring on the bottom..

Cheers Chris

Yes, that seller (magenta-shores) has been listed here before with the same thoughts....

Did you mean etherial*angel??

I have had a few fake e/s here as well, some supplied by Julie - thank-you!! - sent to me from a bulk buy she made that were fake for a first hand look, those colours were

Light Ray
Slip Pink
Folie
Idol Eyes

There are others as well
ssad.gif

Exotica

Quote:
Originally Posted by neezer
Yeah what i noticed from the ones that have been in the indented pans were oddly enough redtone/purple colors...the ones i got from MalibuBarbieandFriends was Satellitte Dreams, Folie, Nocturnelle, Some whites and AngelCake, Sushi Flower, and one more but i forgot lol. But i noticed that most of the fake ones, they all have that combo of colors in them!

thmbup.gif

You're right. I'm going to run through a quick list of all the fake colour combo's flooding aussie ebayers (and i'm sure internationally too)...

Copied and pasted from magenta-shores auctions (and some added from her older auctions that are no longer up)..
Items marked with a * are the actual items I have from her in my possession and can confirm that they are 100% fake.

Items written in italics are newer fakes that are not circulating Ebay Australia as much as the others listed.. but im sure they will be!

Eyeshadows:
Romp*
Scene*
Twinks
Kid
Sushi Flower
Freshwater
Spring Up*
Creme-De-Violet
Swiss Chocolate
Soba*
Deep Truth*
Black Tied*
Vellum
Moon Flower
Slip Pink
Honey Lust
Light Ray*
Idol Eyes*
Satellite Dreams*
Stars N Rockets
Nocturnelle*
Sable*
Gesso
Blue Edge*
Nehru*
Tilt*
Melton Mauve
Beauty Marked
Jest*
Knight Divine
Bamboo
Fade*
Corduroy*​

Glitter Brillants:
Grey*
3D Silver
3D Gold
Neon 60's
Crystalled Purple

Pigments:
White
Naked
Tan*
White Gold
Goldenaire
Burnt Burgundy
Ruby Red
Lovely Lily

Blush:
Dollymix
Plum Foolery

Cream Colour Base:
Antiqued Gold
Shell

There are definately more.. If I spot any i'll add them to the list.

Like everyone has already said, if you see these same combo's in auctions and/or bulk lots KEEP AWAY!

chrispl

etherial*angel is the seller.. she refunded ne for the bulk lot I got from her..
mslrosati is trying to palm it off on other sellers but i only bought from 3 of them..

divine attic I bought blush and glitter pigments .. dollymix flirt & tease & breezy. glitter pigments are silver grey & black.. I will have them checked..but the bulk of mine came from mslrosati & .etherial*angel

well at least I know the refills I still have left in stock are genuine
smiles.gif

I will let you know on the blush..

Exotica

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispl

Wouldn't surprise me at all! I have often wondered this. She also may be the old MAC seller "miss-modrern-miss" (think thats her name) as she ALWAYS had the same stock as Diva-la-glam.

Never knew diva was suspended from Ebay though! Was miss modern miss suspended too? I guess thats why they haven't been around much lately
blush-anim-cl.gif

chrispl

diva-la-glam was suspended weeks ago for selling fakes..people started reporting her.. miss-modern-miss was still on last time I looked. which was only a week or so ago but she never had alot...but i am suspended for not paying my account & they can whistle dixie.. I listed some items & they never listed them yet charged me..so I refused to pay my account..

But there are new sellers coming on & I think they bought in bulk from megenta shores looking at what they are selling..

I went into selling cosmetics so I don't have to go to work.. I am to busy with my kids with sport..looks like I should have gone out to work & my girls will be happy with the free eyeshadows
greengrin.gif
I work 1 day a week..More if my boss wants time off..looks like I am going to be job hunting.. This is driving me up the wall..

talste

yep Divalascrag was suspended after I composed a rather lengthy complaint to ebay's trust & safety department about that particular seller, I guess my complaint was the final nail in the coffin as she was suspended a few days later back in Feb, (post #195 on this thread has info). I believe my complaint was effective as I was able to show evidence that the seller was well known as selling counterfeit products & Ebay was long overdue in taking action against her. I also pasted a link to this thread as well as numerous other forums she had been mentioned on.

Exotica, if you lodge a dispute perhaps you can do the same by advising ebay that magenta-shores is regarded as a seller to be wary of on this forum and post the link. Hopefully Ebay will be quicker to take action against her this time round.

redambition

Quote:

have you contacted the seller with your concerns? If she is unaware that she is selling fakes then you may have a chance of sorting this out.

lucienne75

Hi girls, I bought some blushes and 2 eyesahdows from etherial*angel ( Denise ). The problems with her is only with the pigments or all her products are fake ? I bought idol eyes and beauty marked, flirt&tease and breezy and bought 2 dazzleglass. Looking the picture of the products somebody could say if they are fake ? I´m bidding in another blush and one glimmershimmer but now I´m afraid of buying another fake.

Exotica

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
have you contacted the seller with your concerns? If she is unaware that she is selling fakes then you may have a chance of sorting this out.

Judging by this comment on her latest auction i'm pretty sure shes already aware. Sounds like people have been messaging/"harassing" her about it.

Quote:
Please note
Any and all attempts to;
*stalk, *intimidate, *extort, *harrass
me or my customers, or interfere with my auctions will be dealt with by eBay and legal action will be taken against those offenders.
Many of my customers have contacted me ragarding this matter and I have in turn contacted eBay and sought legal advice.
I will not stand for this harrassment and I will not subject my customers to it any longer.
If you are contacted by anyone from eBay or another source regarding me and/or my auctions, please contact me DIRECTLY through the eBay message system so I can collect any and all correspondance from you regarding this matter to hand to eBay so that this ongoing problem can be dealt with.
To my customers that have already contacted me and provided such information, I thank you, and also apologise profusely for this, but I do guarantee you it is being dealt with right now, and will not be an issue in the future.

MAC Eyeshadow Pigment Blush Glitter Cream Base 44 pack - eBay, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 13-Jun-08 15:15:09 AEST)

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucienne75
How can I depot the blush ? I started trying with a knife but failed

There are a few techniques to depot eyeshadows and blushes.

There's the hair straightening iron method(s):
http://specktra.net/f280/stephies-ea...ng-iron-78003/
http://specktra.net/f280/depotting-w...ht-iron-40895/

There's the candle method:
http://specktra.net/f280/depotting-u...e-video-87806/

There's the clothes iron method:
http://specktra.net/f280/depotting-r...es-iron-79973/

There's the hair dryer method:
http://specktra.net/f280/blow-drying...utorial-34837/

EDIT: There's also the non-heating method but you have to break the packaging.. Just check out EnKore's depotting MAC eyeshadows without heat on Youtube. That's a good way to depot cream blushes!

Also check out depotting eyeshadows on Youtube. The methods/techniques are pretty much the same except for tools used to depot. Just search for "depotting MAC eyeshadows", or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.