eBay Sellers/Fakers to AVOID

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipple86

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsong
Oh ebymom is one of the vile ones!
This was her reply to my generic "You are selling counterfeit MAC, please remove it" (i dont bother writing why they are counterfeit in the first message because too many of them just ignore it - if you dont state why they either ask questions, reply with spite or take them down without question and you can tell what kind of seller they are):

"[FONT=arial,sans-serif]Who are you? How do you know the contents of my item?? Have you seen it or examined it? You speak as though you are the official word. Get a life"[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]To which was answered with:[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif]"[/FONT][FONT=arial,sans-serif]Where do i start... [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif]1. They arent real names (go to MAC site/google them if you dont believe me. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif]2. The batch code has 3 digits and they mean the following - 1st means the batch (A=1st batch, B=2nd batch), the 2nd digit means the month (1=jan up to 9=sept, oct=A, nov=B, dec=C), the 3rd digit is the year (2=2002, 5=2005, 9=2009). So unless you have a time machine, it is impossible to have A19 pigments! [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif]3. The pigment is cheap looking (like coloured talc), and doesnt possess any of the appearance of real MAC. [/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]Counterfeit makeup is not tested by DFA, and therefore can contain any harmful ingredient - which are unknown to the ebay seller/buyer. These ingredients can cause skin erosion, allergic reactions, toxicity, severe reactions, poisoning, blindness and even death. It is not to be viewed lightly - even if you have used without bad things happening the ingredients can react with other substances, its like having a timebomb in your makeup collection. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif]How professional of you..."[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]She didnt reply after that...[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]I just sent her another email, also stating that she has been reported to ebay. I shall report all her MAC items now.[/FONT]

It's true..she's very defensive. I purchased the plumage pigment from her (since i am new to pigments, i thought the plumage colour is a new colour). When i receive the items, i did not realize that its fake, so left her positive feedback. Then I realize that the pigment is fake. It is so obvious, the number is different btw box and jar. When i send her a message about it she become really defensive. Here's her response:
1. I am offended. I work for Estee and do not have to sell fake items. I only sale authentic items. You do not see one comment in all of my feedback about me selling fake items. Trust me, the item sent to you is real. I got from a reputable suppiler.
2. WHAT KIND OF PROOF ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?? I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CODES BUT I DO KNOW THAT MINE ARE NOT FAKES. HAVE NEVER BEEN ACCUSED OF SELLING FAKES.
3. IF YOU DONT WANT ITEM, JUST RETURN BACK TO ME IN THE SAME CONDITION SENT, I WILL GLADLY ISSUE YOU A REFUND.
IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO LEAVE FOLLOW UP FEEDBACK, I WILL DO THE SAME.

I am so surprised with her response. I am returning the item. Still waiting for her response with the address

**Rude Seller**

infernalmachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1165Cheryl
Here is another new seller on ebay, I asked them where they got there full jars from (they were selling a disc LE color at a buy it now price of 16.50!) and this is what they said "thanks for your interest, I get all my MAC items off MAC warehouse sale in Canada". I emailed them back asking if they meant the pro store in canada or this wholesale warehouse I've been hearing about, this was his responce
"not the main store, it's a warehouse sale." I informed him that there isnt and MAC wholesale warehouse's and many new mac sellers are saying thats where they are getting their stock, ect...Many of these sellers really think they are selling the real thing.

I really wish there was a way we can find out where this "warehouse" is and somehow take them out or inform Mac Pro about where these places are.

there is a twice-yearly (or something like that) MAC warehouse sale in canada, FYI. it's only open by invitation ...they are sent out to employees or industry people.

elegant-one

By the end of this week, I'm going to post a very defensive snippy reply I got from an all too familiar ebayer that I bought a couple of things from. She makes a not too nice reference to these makeup blog sites. I just want to wait until I actually get the products
smiles.gif

neezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
By the end of this week, I'm going to post a very defensive snippy reply I got from an all too familiar ebayer that I bought a couple of things from. She makes a not too nice reference to these makeup blog sites. I just want to wait until I actually get the products
smiles.gif

lol i wanna see it now!! sneak peek? lol

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by neezer
lol i wanna see it now!! sneak peek? lol

OK Doll, you talked me right into it (i think i'll be safe)
ebay.gif
blah.gif

This is the email reply I received after questioning an item:

Those boards are full of rumors about many mac sellers on ebay.
They are full of lies. I sell only 100% genuine mac. However, I do not
sell to people that will question the authenticity once they get the items.
As my listings state, you have only my word to go by. If that is not good
enough, don't buy from me as I will not be able to prove to you they are
real as I do not supply anyone with my contact info with mac. I suggest
anyone that will only question authenticity should buy ONLY from the mac
counter. I will not refund any money for items that a buyer questions as
my items are genuine. I honestly do not think you should buy from anyone
on ebay if you will only question the authenticity

-closetmustgo

neezer

Quote:
OK Doll, you talked me right into it (i think i'll be safe)
ebay.gif
blah.gif

This is the email reply I received after questioning an item:

Those boards are full of rumors about many mac sellers on ebay.
They are full of lies. I sell only 100% genuine mac. However, I do not
sell to people that will question the authenticity once they get the items.
As my listings state, you have only my word to go by. If that is not good
enough, don't buy from me as I will not be able to prove to you they are
real as I do not supply anyone with my contact info with mac. I suggest
anyone that will only question authenticity should buy ONLY from the mac
counter. I will not refund any money for items that a buyer questions as
my items are genuine. I honestly do not think you should buy from anyone
on ebay if you will only question the authenticity

-closetmustgo

So basically she is saying, "yes i sell fake products but im not gonna send to you if you question me so i wont end up with bad feedback and losing my money i cheated from you anyways".....smh...and what's funny is she had something i was looking for on ebay and i had to CATCH myself LITERALLY before pushing the committed to buy button before i did...thank you Specktra...and thank you elegant lol

elegant-one

^^^well the thing is...I've ordered from her many times before & I've NOT received any fakes...so I was somewhat astonished that she was this rude with me.

I can't believed that she is telling buyers that they have no right to ask her before they buy??? WHAAAAT...that's ridiculous
smiles.gif

neezer

Quote:
^^^well the thing is...I've ordered from her many times before & I've NOT received any fakes...so I was somewhat astonished that she was this rude with me.

I can't believed that she is telling buyers that they have no right to ask her before they buy??? WHAAAAT...that's ridiculous
smiles.gif

so basically she must not want no customers either.....tisk tisk...she probably been questioned so much that she dont know what to do anymore!

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernalmachine
there is a twice-yearly (or something like that) MAC warehouse sale in canada, FYI. it's only open by invitation ...they are sent out to employees or industry people.

Hi...I didnt know that, is this at MACS main store in canada or do they rent out a warehouse to sell do these sales twice a year? Just so I know when they say "it's not at macs, it's at a wholesale warehouse that sells "MAC" Some of them I bought to check and they were fakes. I'd be very interested though if you could tell me about it being at MACS in Canada or a warehouse they rent for the day??

Thanks for your info and look forward to your reply so we can all learn something
smiles.gif

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by *kitty*
first post!!!
anyone ever dealt with MEESHELL820 on US ebay?? she sells e/s refills and some empty palettes and lipsticks and what not.
she has excellent communication and offers triple your money back if you find that her items are fake.
She seems pretty good. and it's not ridiculously cheap or anything i think its US13 for a refill, which is pretty norm, but she's got great shipping, so thats why i was looking at her

I've dealt with her a few times and her stuff has always been real. She's been selling as long as I have and if I needed a rare I'd get it from her. It's been awhile but I do trust her.

purrtykitty

Got another one for y'all...hawaiianbarbi06. Sold me a pretty bad fake Acid Orange. Just sent her an e-mail firmly stating that I want my $$ back. We'll see how she responds...I will get Paypal involved if I have to.

chrispl

This is an answer I received from a seller on ebay that sold me fakes.. I only bought from 3 people & they are all still selling..
I will be adding these names to the list shortly
thmbdn.gif

Do what you will with them..
girl_devil.gif
divineattic malibubarbieandfriends mslrosati

THIS IS WHAT SHE SAID TO THIS SITE ON FAKE MAC

Hi,

I did have a chance to go look at the site, there are a few misleading
things on the site.

I realize that Mac itself does not wholesale, this is true. However when
someone says they wholesale they have to get it from somewhere. When Neiman
Marcus, Bergdorf and big department stores change lines / seasons / etc,
they have to 'unload' the old stock somewhere to get the new stuff in. So
what they do is they sell it pennies on the dollar to some liquidation and
over run / over stock site to then off load to middlemen to resell.

The other thing a lot don't know is that Mac itself has over runs. The
stuff that isn't quite right or off by a bit, they are known as seconds. I
wouldn't believe this if my friend that works at the mac manufacturing
didn't tell me this. They sell those seconds. Again to those that
liquidate. Also there is a huge store in eastern Canada that does nothing
but hold clearance sales of mac items by invitation at an actual Mac store
that does nothing but offer wholesale prices. My girlfriend gets invited
and buys enough to ship to me to also resell. Think quad eye shadows in a
pan for $10. or clearance $8.

Due to production costs, I'm told by the same mac employee that they do
contract out over seas and they manufacture for the brand names. This isn't
only mac but also estee, Clinique, chanel, and others. When they
manufacture they make over runs to sell as well. So it is to mac standards,
but not being put through the regular channels to be bought at the
department or pro stores of mac.

There is also a chain of stores in the USA that sell discounted mac as well,
I go there to get most of my stock, and from other reputable wholesalers of
cosmetics. The store that sells the discounted mac is owned by estee, which
owns mac. They have the same eye shadows that you have. They pull the
seconds from mac and some of the over run to sell.

I have also checked out the specktra site and there may be noted
differences, and I do send stuff to be checked out by both mac and my
manufacturing friend, and they give me the low down on what is going on with
it and if they have made changes. I can appreciate what the site is doing
however if there are changes to mac and they wont publicize it then all the
new stuff can be deemed as fake when it isn't.

Hope that info helps out a bit for you.

Regards,

Denise

1165Cheryl

As of this week I've been making notations on my MAC PRO & MAC Cosmetics orders. They have made some changes mainly with the box's. Each order I get I'm now checking for any other new changes, like denise mentioned Mac isnt going to advertise any. I'm writing down everything with each order that arrives. One of the jars I got had the batch sticker 1/2 falling off, so Mac themselves do also make errors & changes. One of the things I thought only fake sellers made/did is something MAC actually has started doing.

I hope this helps
smiles.gif

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispl
This is an answer I received from a seller on ebay that sold me fakes.. I only bought from 3 people & they are all still selling..
I will be adding these names to the list shortly
thmbdn.gif

Do what you will with them..
girl_devil.gif
divineattic malibubarbieandfriends mslrosati

THIS IS WHAT SHE SAID TO THIS SITE ON FAKE MAC

I realize that Mac itself does not wholesale, this is true. However when
someone says they wholesale they have to get it from somewhere. When Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf and big department stores change lines / seasons / etc, they have to 'unload' the old stock somewhere to get the new stuff in. So what they do is they sell it pennies on the dollar to some liquidation and over run / over stock site to then off load to middlemen to resell.

I know malibubarbieandfriends and mslrosati are fake MAC sellers. Not too sure about divineattic but will check it out later.

By the way, I thought MAC usually unloads the old stock at the CCOs mostly? Even the seconds they only sell it to staff/employees or something at a special warehouse only by invitation? Hmmm... Is Denise one of the sellers you just mentioned here?

What did you buy? If they're eyeshadows, try depot them to see if they have indented rings on the bottom of the eyeshadow pan. That's if you don't mind breaking the package..

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1165Cheryl
As of this week I've been making notations on my MAC PRO & MAC Cosmetics orders. They have made some changes mainly with the box's. Each order I get I'm now checking for any other new changes, like denise mentioned Mac isnt going to advertise any. I'm writing down everything with each order that arrives. One of the jars I got had the batch sticker 1/2 falling off, so Mac themselves do also make errors & changes. One of the things I thought only fake sellers made/did is something MAC actually has started doing.

I hope this helps
smiles.gif

Thanks Cheryl - that's a great idea!

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaquille
iOffer: toyourfrontdoore-shop's Profile

that company sells some pigments too, they sell some for very cheap.. are they fake?

A lot of items on offer by that seller look genuine, however the pics on the pigments aren't clear enough to tell. The one i was looking at showed a lot of labels on the pigments and it's too blurry for me to see anything. The Jewelmarine glitter auction photo is also odd - there are heaps of them just piled up in a box. I'd be wondering where they came from if they came in like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.