eBay Sellers/Fakers to AVOID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyvirtuous

Okay, so we know that a lot of these pigments are fake. So we have to use our judgement no matter where we purchase them (other than MAC store, counters and CCOs).

What about the quads? They seem legit to me. What do you think?

ellienellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucienne75
If I could buy from MAC site I would never buy in another place ! Im starting to think that is better to buy here in Brazil in MAC store even paying an astonishing price than buying fakes on ebay.

I know what you mean.... it's more expensive (more than I can afford anyway), but at the same time, we don't want to be ripped off and we don't want to be stolen from either....
ssad.gif

No, no, no....

Guess I'll be saving my pennies!
winks.gif

lucienne75

Yes of course we dont want it, but in brazil one eyeshadow costs U$40 !!!!! Studio fix U$90, blushes U$48 it´s imposible to buy many things so we try to buy on ebay or ask friends to bring when they travel.

redambition

It is still possible to find authentic items and good deals on ebay. you just have to be prepared to do your homework and sift through the auctions.

ellienellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
It is still possible to find authentic items and good deals on ebay. you just have to be prepared to do your homework and sift through the auctions.

I agree with redambition. You can find authentic MAC on ebay (there's a thread with sellers who do sell genuine MAC). You just have to do a bit of research first. You can even get great deals Internationally.

In the UK a MAC eye shadow costs £10 (approx $20), or the pigment is £15 ($30) direct from MAC.
The prices in Brazil do seem a bit over the top....
But like before mentioned, don't totally give up on ebay - you do get real MAC, just make sure and do as much as you can to ensure you are getting the real deal
smiles.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
i saw that exact same image being used by a different seller on a different auction website.

while the pigments in the picture may well be real, I don't think they are the actual product being sold.

That's exactly what happened to me - real Acid Orange picture, fake pigment sent. Just because the picture that is used is an authentic item, that doesn't guarantee it's what you'll actually be sent. That's what pisses me off even more because I only buy MAC off ebay if there's a picture of the item, and if the listing is with an item, you'd think you'd be able to rely on that, but nope, that's not the case.
angry.gif

julie150463

Quote:
i saw that exact same image being used by a different seller on a different auction website.

while the pigments in the picture may well be real, I don't think they are the actual product being sold.

If you check the auctions details he posts by EMS - is that not the Chinese courier? It's not a postal service we use in the UK
winks.gif

ellienellie

Quote:

Same here, identical pictures from another seller
highly suspect.

Synda31

Hi!
i bought a Pink Pearl pigment from janicea2001 and it turned out to be a FAKE (can tell by box, prints, screw cap and below jar + sticker too)!!!

Exotica

Here's some other aussie Ebay sellers that have recently bought from magenta-shores fake stock. They're now re-selling them as their own
thmbdn.gif

whatever5001 aka JJ's Treasure Cave
Proof: Exact same items listed as from magenta's auctions. Also has a recent "feedback as a buyer" from her
Quote:
Wonderful eBayer, Great to deal with, Please do return! AAAA++++magenta-shores ( 146
iconTealStar_25x25.gif
)
24-Apr-08 12:37 ----Private

polli2328
Proof: same as above.
Quote:
iconPos_16x16.gif
¨¨°ºº°¨¨Perfect eBayer!! Please Do Return!!¨¨°ºº°¨¨magenta-shores ( 146
iconTealStar_25x25.gif
) 14-Jun-08 12:13 ----Private

Quote:
iconPos_16x16.gif
Fantastic Ebayer, Lightning fast payment, a pleasure to deal with
smiles.gif
magenta-shores ( 146
iconTealStar_25x25.gif
)
22-May

There was another one too.. Think her name was Princess Fifi or something along those lines. Same story as the others! Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) I can't find her auctions anymore

speedygirl247

I have been wanting to post here for some time. I am ebay seller charleyandemily, am I doing the right thing posting - I dont know. I am expecting everybody to jump on me. I was directed here by a spectra member that bought a bluebrown pigment from me at the beginning of the year that wasnt real. Whoever you are on this site , I thank you for doing that. I did buy you a bluebrown pigment from mac and sent you the receipt as I felt so bad. I had no idea were not the real deal. As a new seller on ebay you look to the big sellers and trust them, e.g diva...bulkbeautybuys, what a mistake that was ,which I have only recently found out from reading absolutely everything on this site. I also read about the message that I was sent from a member on this site last year, my answer was truthful, I had nothing to hide then and I still dont. I then had another specktra member question an eyeshadow that I had sold her, I didnt believe her, but i was following the thread with great interest as it hadnt drawn to any conclusion. This was followed by another query, and at that point I pulled all the listings, took numerous eyeshadows apart - from what I took apart 40% of my eyeshadows were ring panned. they had come from three different purchase points, two of which are on the recommended list on this site. I had no choice but to dump the lot - there was no way of me telling what was real without taking everything apart. I lost a lot of money doing that, but it had to be done and it was the right thing to do. New ebay sellers have no idea what they are selling, like I didnt. Is that an excuse? no not really - but you trust the people you buy it from. Since registering on this site, I have learnt so much and on my way I have destroyed countless eyeshadows (to find they were real), had pigments in the box, out the box, in the box, on ebay, off ebay, on again....... I am 100% confident my stock is authentic, that is thanks to to what I learnt from this site. I may have some of what you class as the 'fakey' colours on ebay, I have destroyed plenty of these and they are real, there goes most of my profit into my basket of pans, after putting what i have learnt here into practice you have to be 100% sure of what you are selling. If you choose the colours that are not on the fakey list there will be none left!! There are many knowledgeable members in this section, especially panda & xqueeze_me - I have learned a lot from your posts, and for that i thank you. If any member on this site has bought anything from me that they are not happy with, I will refund them without question !! i dont care how long ago it was. Sorry for the length of this note, I had a lot to try and get across in the right way and i still do. Other members of this site have been extremely supportive without prejudice or judgement and i really appreciate it,
kind regards
charleyandemily
(sue)

panda0410

Hi!! Its great to see you here
smiles.gif
Unfortunately a lot of new sellers get stung, especially buying from wholesalers - as we know MAC does not do wholesale...LOL
winks.gif
But there are still ebayers selling on "lots" which are either completely comrpised of, or do contain, fake items. For the buyers this can be frustrating and an enormous amount of money can be wasted. Some sellers just plain dont give a shit, other sellers do the right thing and we welcome them here
smiles.gif
A lot of people overlook the bigger picture when it comes to counterfeiters - its not just the safety issue (which is of course hugely important to anyone who values their eyesight...LOL!) but as caffn8me pointed out a long time ago a LOT of these products are massed produced in sweat shops and the consequences of this sort of labour can be staggering. Not only that but a lot of the proceeds of first sale counterfiet goods can be used to fund terrorism - not something the average consumers or seller is likely to think of when they start selling their first lot of items. Counterfeit goods arent good for anyone on any scale and its nice to see that sellers are capable of caring and doing whats right
smiles.gif
Hope to see some more of you on the forums
smiles.gif

redambition

Welcome speedygirl!

Please feel free to join in our discussions and contribute to the forum. I am glad it has been a resource for you in learing about spotting the counterfeits and helping you ensure you sell authentic product!
smiles.gif

1165Cheryl

Hi and welcome to Specktra
smiles.gif
I'm glad you came here and wrote what you did...Many new sellers have no idea if a product is real or not since they dont have the experience or know what to look for. Many of us here have been around pigments and other Mac products for many years. The fake products are being made better as time goes by, at first it was easy to tell. I deal/sell pigments only, if I bought a palette shadow on Ebay and it was a good fake I wouldnt know it...that's because I dont know that product well but show me a pigment and I can now tell 99% of the time. Even the best of us have gotten ripped off.

I just read Pandas post and was going to write some of the same stuff, so I wont repeat it, lol. Panda knows Macs line real well and is the person I would go to, and have before if I had any doubts. People have come to me for pigments when they have doubts, we all help each other. I buy most my stuff direct from MAC but do use a few ebay sellers also (so I can use my Paypal money) that have been around for a long time but even with them I check everything when the product arrives. Latley I've been keeping a journal when my MAC orders arrive to make notations on any changes they have made on there box's, jars ect. It's sad we have to but we have to keep ourselves informed.

There are many great people here that would be more then happy to help you, look at pictures of your items, answer questions, ect....you came to the right place
smiles.gif

ellienellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedygirl247
I have been wanting to post here for some time. I am ebay seller charleyandemily, am I doing the right thing posting - I dont know. I am expecting everybody to jump on me. I was directed here by a spectra member that bought a bluebrown pigment from me at the beginning of the year that wasnt real. Whoever you are on this site , I thank you for doing that. I did buy you a bluebrown pigment from mac and sent you the receipt as I felt so bad. I had no idea were not the real deal. As a new seller on ebay you look to the big sellers and trust them, e.g diva...bulkbeautybuys, what a mistake that was ,which I have only recently found out from reading absolutely everything on this site. I also read about the message that I was sent from a member on this site last year, my answer was truthful, I had nothing to hide then and I still dont. I then had another specktra member question an eyeshadow that I had sold her, I didnt believe her, but i was following the thread with great interest as it hadnt drawn to any conclusion. This was followed by another query, and at that point I pulled all the listings, took numerous eyeshadows apart - from what I took apart 40% of my eyeshadows were ring panned. they had come from three different purchase points, two of which are on the recommended list on this site. I had no choice but to dump the lot - there was no way of me telling what was real without taking everything apart. I lost a lot of money doing that, but it had to be done and it was the right thing to do. New ebay sellers have no idea what they are selling, like I didnt. Is that an excuse? no not really - but you trust the people you buy it from. Since registering on this site, I have learnt so much and on my way I have destroyed countless eyeshadows (to find they were real), had pigments in the box, out the box, in the box, on ebay, off ebay, on again....... I am 100% confident my stock is authentic, that is thanks to to what I learnt from this site. I may have some of what you class as the 'fakey' colours on ebay, I have destroyed plenty of these and they are real, there goes most of my profit into my basket of pans, after putting what i have learnt here into practice you have to be 100% sure of what you are selling. If you choose the colours that are not on the fakey list there will be none left!! There are many knowledgeable members in this section, especially panda & xqueeze_me - I have learned a lot from your posts, and for that i thank you. If any member on this site has bought anything from me that they are not happy with, I will refund them without question !! i dont care how long ago it was. Sorry for the length of this note, I had a lot to try and get across in the right way and i still do. Other members of this site have been extremely supportive without prejudice or judgement and i really appreciate it,
kind regards
charleyandemily
(sue)

Hi Sue, and
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
to Spectra,

I think it's great that you have joined us and shared your side of a very common and probably mostly unheard story.

I'm also sorry that you, like many, were taken for a ride by unscrupulous individuals.
angry.gif

You, however, are one of the honest ones (and there are some on ebay) who were duped and unlike some, you did not sell counterfeit deliberately.
I feel for you, a lot of us can sympathise.
I know i'd feel awful if it happened to me.

This is a fantastic site, everyone will make you feel very welcome and they are a helpful bunch too
smiles.gif

Welcome aboard and hope to hear more from you.
yes.gif

Angie
smiles.gif

speedygirl247

Thank you everybody for your comments, all of which I have taken on board. I do still stand by what i said in my first post, I have read numerous pages on here - some about me. I can't, remember from all of my reading who got a white pigment from me that wasnt real. Whoever you are, please contact me asap. Everything I have listed that could be faked, has been inspected to within an inch of their lives ! I would like to make a contribution whenever I can. If anybody thinks my listings need further inspection, I am happy to take them off and send them to anybody for inspection. Its horrible being the 'star' on the ebay sellers to avoid, and i want to work on getting to the best bit. I do have some barbi shadows that I am expecting next week, I will post them here before I start destroying for expert knowledge(again!!). Hopefully I will be accepted into your community here on speckta, if not - I will just continue reading in the background.

As you can probably tell, I am a waffler and can't stop talking !

red

Isn't magenta-shores going to take legal action if anyone mentions counterfeit regarding her auctions? come and get me .. I'm waiting for you
drools.gif

and take that Mac Guide off your listings .. do us a favor .. is an insult to everything that's holy.

So you're selling $1000+ Mac products for $80?
th_LMAO.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.