eBay Sellers/Fakers to AVOID

Status
Not open for further replies.

red

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedygirl247
Thank you everybody for your comments, all of which I have taken on board. I do still stand by what i said in my first post, I have read numerous pages on here - some about me. I can't, remember from all of my reading who got a white pigment from me that wasnt real. Whoever you are, please contact me asap. Everything I have listed that could be faked, has been inspected to within an inch of their lives ! I would like to make a contribution whenever I can. If anybody thinks my listings need further inspection, I am happy to take them off and send them to anybody for inspection. Its horrible being the 'star' on the ebay sellers to avoid, and i want to work on getting to the best bit. I do have some barbi shadows that I am expecting next week, I will post them here before I start destroying for expert knowledge(again!!). Hopefully I will be accepted into your community here on speckta, if not - I will just continue reading in the background.

As you can probably tell, I am a waffler and can't stop talking !

Thanks for your posts
winks.gif

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedygirl247
Thank you everybody for your comments, all of which I have taken on board. I do still stand by what i said in my first post, I have read numerous pages on here - some about me. I can't, remember from all of my reading who got a white pigment from me that wasnt real. Whoever you are, please contact me asap. Everything I have listed that could be faked, has been inspected to within an inch of their lives ! I would like to make a contribution whenever I can. If anybody thinks my listings need further inspection, I am happy to take them off and send them to anybody for inspection. Its horrible being the 'star' on the ebay sellers to avoid, and i want to work on getting to the best bit. I do have some barbi shadows that I am expecting next week, I will post them here before I start destroying for expert knowledge(again!!). Hopefully I will be accepted into your community here on speckta, if not - I will just continue reading in the background.

As you can probably tell, I am a waffler and can't stop talking !

Hi Sue
Glad you decided to post!
I must be on a different planet - have only just noticed you doh!
I'm still doing the old hokey cokey with the products too but I'm more confident now than I ever was thanks to my good friends on here - thanks ladies!
You know where I am
Speak soon
Julie

nek0

Hi,

I am new to the forum and new to this ebay stuff
winks.gif
(but not so new about the makeup addiction
cutey.gif
)

I am lurking around ebay to search some pigments I got samples of, so I can get whole jars, and I looove Lily White, so I search around and found this:

Auth. Mac Pigment Lily White 7.5g on eBay, also MAC, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Health Beauty (end time 24-Jun-08 02:04:17 BST)

I'm no expert but I am quite sure that Lily White does not exist in 7.5 jars, right?
th_dunno.gif

PD: sorry, I am just reading now the Postit... right now I am with exams so I am just jumping around doing silly stuff...

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by nek0
Auth. Mac Pigment Lily White 7.5g on eBay, also MAC, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Health Beauty (end time 24-Jun-08 02:04:17 BST)

I'm no expert but I am quite sure that Lily White does not exist in 7.5 jars, right?
th_dunno.gif

Lily White does exist in the normal 7.5g full size jar.

I'm wary of the seller though because:

a) S/he is a new seller with NO feedback at all
b) S/he is selling MAC that is/can be easily faked (whether s/he knows it or not, I'd still be wary)
c) No pictures provided in the listing

*shakes head*

~Crystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synda31
Hi!
i bought a Pink Pearl pigment from janicea2001 and it turned out to be a FAKE (can tell by box, prints, screw cap and below jar + sticker too)!!!

Ooh.. I'm interested in seeing pictures and so on of this too!! She has always been very reliable for me in the past... Though it has been a long time since I've bought from her!

Have you tried contacting her about it? she's a very nice lady!

red

janicea2001 is a nice seller, its possible she was unaware
ssad.gif

are you sure its counterfeit? have you swatched it against a sample?

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by nek0
Hi,

I am new to the forum and new to this ebay stuff
winks.gif
(but not so new about the makeup addiction
cutey.gif
)

I am lurking around ebay to search some pigments I got samples of, so I can get whole jars, and I looove Lily White, so I search around and found this:

th_dunno.gif

PD: sorry, I am just reading now the Postit... right now I am with exams so I am just jumping around doing silly stuff...

I hope it does - I've just listed one
ebay.gif

panda0410

^^LOL, yes it does
winks.gif
One of my favourite colours!!

nek0 - dont touch anything without a picture at least - buying on ebay can be risky and there ARE fake Lily White pigments floating about
ssad.gif

nek0

thank you girls for the fast response! I did not know that Lily White existed in big jars, that makes me happy happy happy!
greengrin.gif

I'll just have to be extra careful... I just don't get the selling fake stuff... at the normal price. Hey, if I buy a Chanel purse for 5 $... knowing its fake... well, that's your call but buying fake stuff at regular price makes me mad!!!

I'll keep on searching!
smiles.gif

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
Hmm.. Even Amazon.com is selling fake MAC. I don't think the MAC Studio Fix Powder would come in this packaging (as shown below in the link).

Here's an example of the MAC Studio Fix Powder:
Amazon.com: MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation: Beauty

Amazon.com is similar to eBay in several ways.

The biggest one is that sellers register for it, and Amazon is like their "online store". The difference is it's all set price purchase, and Amazon is the 3rd party involved in payments and disputes. In that sense all the precautions that apply to ebay should also apply to Amazon.

The seller of this particular item is Beautiful Perfumes

ellienellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by laneyyy
jawdrop.gif

Amazon!?!?! WHOA!

Yup, sadly as redambition has previously said, Amazon, like eBay, have private sellers who strictly speaking, do not have any "legislation" to stop them selling pretty much what they want (pretty much like eBay!)
Genuine or otherwise...
So it's also risky.

Shaquille

you oughta see this: MAC ' LOT #5

I'm doubting that these piggies are legit.. look at these:
I have been receiving questions regarding the exact color names of the products. Unfortunately, I've given all my ebay packages to my friend to ship this week since I will be on vacation until next week. I packed and numbered them all so that all she has to do is address them and mail them out when they sell. I wasn't even thinking about the details of the product, so I can not say for certain what the color names are. But I did number the product's package according to the item headline (i.e. "LOT #1) so the items shown in the picture are the exact items you would receive. That is all the information I can offer. I apologize for the inconvenience!

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaquille
you oughta see this: MAC ' LOT #5

I'm doubting that these piggies are legit.. look at these:
I have been receiving questions regarding the exact color names of the products. Unfortunately, I've given all my ebay packages to my friend to ship this week since I will be on vacation until next week. I packed and numbered them all so that all she has to do is address them and mail them out when they sell. I wasn't even thinking about the details of the product, so I can not say for certain what the color names are. But I did number the product's package according to the item headline (i.e. "LOT #1) so the items shown in the picture are the exact items you would receive. That is all the information I can offer. I apologize for the inconvenience!

I don't trust people like that. If she knows what she's really selling, she would have known what pigments she's selling, especially the shade names. Faker!! :/

Hiya everyone, i'm new on here, only joined over the weekend but have been following this thread with interest in the background. It's taken ages to read through it all, but worth every second.
Anyway just wanted to add that i too have been trying to do my bit in the fight to get the fake Mac stuff off Ebay. I have started by reporting 10 different listings up to now (from various sellers), of these 12 (2 rows of 6) e/s palettes, claiming to be Mac. I found out they were fakes through reading reviews on Ebay and generally through searches for this particular item on Google. Anyway the first listing of this pallet i reported didn't get pulled even though i reported it 9 hours before it was due to end, so unfortunately some poor soul was conned out of £30 quid. I emailed this particular seller telling them i knew they were selling fakes and basically saying, how do they sleep at night knowing what they are doing? Didn't get a reply though, 'now theres a surprisingly'. This person even had the auction up as a private bidding auction, which made it even more obvious and only added to my suspicions about them selling fakes. Anyway the other 9 i reported have all been pulled, which is good to see that Ebay are actually listening and doing something about it. I have since done a search for these particular palettes on Ebay and none are coming up so they have all been removed, yay!! I have also since learnt that the 12 rectangular style e/s all in one row are Mac fakes too, so i will be reporting them also. If anyone else cares to look for them and also report them it will add weight to my reporting of the palettes.

Anyway's sorry to go on, i just had to get that off me chest. It's just so sickening to think people can blatantly sell this stuff knowing they are ripping off innocent people. Arrgghh!!! ....and.... breathe.....

vegas1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypopsikkle
Hiya everyone, i'm new on here, only joined over the weekend but have been following this thread with interest in the background. It's taken ages to read through it all, but worth every second.
Anyway just wanted to add that i too have been trying to do my bit in the fight to get the fake Mac stuff off Ebay. I have started by reporting 10 different listings up to now (from various sellers), of these 12 (2 rows of 6) e/s palettes, claiming to be Mac. I found out they were fakes through reading reviews on Ebay and generally through searches for this particular item on Google. Anyway the first listing of this pallet i reported didn't get pulled even though i reported it 9 hours before it was due to end, so unfortunately some poor soul was conned out of £30 quid. I emailed this particular seller telling them i knew they were selling fakes and basically saying, how do they sleep at night knowing what they are doing? Didn't get a reply though, 'now theres a surprisingly'. This person even had the auction up as a private bidding auction, which made it even more obvious and only added to my suspicions about them selling fakes. Anyway the other 9 i reported have all been pulled, which is good to see that Ebay are actually listening and doing something about it. I have since done a search for these particular palettes on Ebay and none are coming up so they have all been removed, yay!! I have also since learnt that the 12 rectangular style e/s all in one row are Mac fakes too, so i will be reporting them also. If anyone else cares to look for them and also report them it will add weight to my reporting of the palettes.

Anyway's sorry to go on, i just had to get that off me chest. It's just so sickening to think people can blatantly sell this stuff knowing they are ripping off innocent people. Arrgghh!!! ....and.... breathe.....

I have reported all of those cream eye shadow auctions and ALL of the fake brush auctions (most of the brush auctions are the same person with different id's, who uses different locations: Troy, AL, Brooklyn, NY, TX & I think California). She has been suspended many, many times (cherishbrushsales and other id's). Ebay did nothing. Maybe finally did on the cream E.S. palettes, because of so many complaints? About time. Now for the brush auctions........ Notice the gallery pictures are NOT all the same, but the picture inside the auctions, ARE the same - hence, same person, but different id's and supposed locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.