eBay Sellers/Fakers to AVOID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does SE brushes have a full stop at the end of their country of origin? I.e. "CHINA." I purchased an Heirlooms brush set off ebay awhile ago, and because it came with the box and clutch, I didn't suspect anything, until now when i realised the seller could've just swapped the real brushes with the fake ones!

damsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by baibeeh.doll
Does SE brushes have a full stop at the end of their country of origin? I.e. "CHINA." I purchased an Heirlooms brush set off ebay awhile ago, and because it came with the box and clutch, I didn't suspect anything, until now when i realised the seller could've just swapped the real brushes with the fake ones!

yes, they do. it is more visible on some brushes than others. i have 3 sets of SE brushes which i bought directly from the mac store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damsel
yes, they do. it is more visible on some brushes than others. i have 3 sets of SE brushes which i bought directly from the mac store.

Thanks!!

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
Sellers of Fake brushes (sets):

kosmetiques_boutiques - US.
e]

This seller uses a PO BOX address in CA

It is ridiculous after this seller sold FAKE e/s to me, in order to get a refund I have to PAY for s/h to send the fake back! I was like what the hell!!

That usually happens unfortunately. I would file a dispute on eBay and Paypal BUT Paypal would want a "verification letter" from MAC themselves to prove that the brush set you bought is fake. *sighs* IF you're ever thinking of sending it back, send it with a tracking number just so the seller can't say, "I've never received it" because dishonest/counterfeit sellers are known for their dishonesty.

Lvx

Wow. Thank you for this site AND this thread!
My eyes are definitely open now and I’m starting to see ebay in a whole new light as well.
I can’t believe these scumbags are allowed to get away with it. After I read through this entire thread I did a search on ebay and it is just frightning. I’m sorry to everyone who got conned and I guarantee you I have been as well.
I have purchased from the following sellers in the past:

tiffers3636
katsdejavu123
cosmeticallmakeup
malibubarbieandfriends
lisacmorrisson
kosmetiques_boutiques (always thought this pigment was off)

patrickscollegefund
hotyuhjah (I really hope this seller is genuine because I bought 2 "emote" powders from this seller in the past- each has a Nordstrom sticker on the box)

The only reason I've shopped on ebay is for the items I can't buy from the counter or the MAC online store anymore. Anything MAC still has available I buy directly from them but there are still some discontinued items I would like to get but now I'm nervous about shopping on ebay because there's so many dishonest people in this world >
ssad.gif

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvx
Wow. Thank you for this site AND this thread!
My eyes are definitely open now and I’m starting to see ebay in a whole new light as well.
I can’t believe these scumbags are allowed to get away with it. After I read through this entire thread I did a search on ebay and it is just frightning. I’m sorry to everyone who got conned and I guarantee you I have been as well.
I have purchased from the following sellers in the past:

tiffers3636
katsdejavu123
cosmeticallmakeup
malibubarbieandfriends
lisacmorrisson

patrickscollegefund
hotyuhjah (I really hope this seller is genuine because I bought 2 "emote" powders from this seller in the past- each has a Nordstrom sticker on the box)

The only reason I've shopped on ebay is for the items I can't buy from the counter or the MAC online store anymore. Anything MAC still has available I buy directly from them but there are still some discontinued items I would like to get but now I'm nervous about shopping on ebay because there's so many dishonest people in this world >
ssad.gif

you'll never get a fake from patrickscolledgefund so dont stress over that one
winks.gif

malibubarbieandfriends have been discussed here before, cant say about the others.

The ones with the Nordies stickers are probably good too so dont worry about those either
smiles.gif

sn0wbunnie

Okay, wow!
I just read through the ENTIRE thread (took me just over 2 hours!) and am so impressed with all of you lovely ladies. Thank you SO much for providing an enormous amount of information for the rest of us. I am not new to MAC, but I am new to ebay and have been using this info to buy from reccommended sellers only!

The only thing I can say is:
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

jmsinocmd

any updates on fakes?
im relatively new to mac/makeup in general. ive been using mac for about 10 years, i just never really got into it until recently. i guess im lucky that i havent been burned by these fakes, i just dont bid on anything that doesnt match up to the MAC or MACPro site. i dont bid impulsively, and i check out feedback meticulously. i did buy a couple brushes from one seller, but she has written extensively about how to spot fakes of all kinds...her FB is 100% and has had her account since '05 or '06. i dont even bother checking out something if the pic isnt obviously one that an average joe took...like if it's a pic of 12 e/s all lined up perfectly on a plain white bg...forget it! if they have to rip a pic from mac's site...forget it!
i did buy a couple UD e/s from a new seller, but i'm pretty familiar with UD and the FB was good, and the price wasnt a steal!
so...other than the obvious ppl selling fakes, what are the new ones?

jmsinocmd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvx

tiffers3636
katsdejavu123
cosmeticallmakeup
malibubarbieandfriends
lisacmorrisson

i recently bought something from kosmetiques_boutiques and if they're selling fakes, i cant tell at all.

bulldog80

I AM SELLING THE MAC #180 BRUSH ON EBAY AND TOLD USERS TO CHECK THIS FORUM TO SEE WHO ARE THE FAKERS!!! IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE THERE AREN'T TOO MANY OF THE #180 BRUSHES ON THERE AND JUST ABOUT ALL OF THEM ARE ON YOUR FAKERS LIST!!!!

I LOVE M.A.C.!!!
smiles.gif
Oh...i'm not a faker either! I went to the M.A.C. corporate store and bought them out!

redambition

Hi bulldog80 - welcome to the forum
smiles.gif

I am so happy that you are directing people here to try and educate them about counterfeit cosmetics.

Marjolaine

Hi everyone, normally I'm not a cheap person but being a student and also noticing the price difference between USA (or UK) and my country (in my country, MAC products are sold more than two times of the retail price in either of these two countries. I don't know the prices in other EU countries though), so I decided to buy a brush on ebay, I found the seller too. Her pictures were authentic, because I have other brushes I bought in MAC counter here and I compared, so it was ok. She is a powerseller, and has more than 99.5% positive feedback, I read almost all feedbacks and noone complained about the authenticity of her brushes.. What I recieved is different than the pictures and absolutely a fake. I could show the pictures if needed, you don't have to be a mac pro to identify the fake, it is a very very low quality fake.. I'm not mad about the seller, as much as I'm pissed with the buyers. How could noone notice that it is fake? How could they comment that it is original? This is so unbelievable.
angry.gif

kittykit

Recently bought some fake MAC eye shadows from this eBay UK seller - tobobos. The seller has 100% feedbacks and I'm pretty sure a lot of the buyers aren't aware of the counterfeit eye shadows. The seller told me she didn't know her eye shadows are fake! Buyers beware!

[Edited]
I got the refund and the seller said she has brought the e/s to a MAC counter and was told the e/s are fine! They are not fine. They look exactly like those posted here. Ugh.

Kinderwhore

There is no current listing, but I've received fake pigments from eBay US seller "ms-unlimited" in the past. The forum search for the username yielded no results, so I thought I'd give a heads up in case she puts any up in the future.

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittykit
Recently bought some fake MAC eye shadows from this eBay UK seller - tobobos. The seller has 100% feedbacks and I'm pretty sure a lot of the buyers aren't aware of the counterfeit eye shadows. The seller told me she didn't know her eye shadows are fake! Buyers beware!

[Edited]
I got the refund and the seller said she has brought the e/s to a MAC counter and was told the e/s are fine! They are not fine. They look exactly like those posted here. Ugh.

In the past few months thats happened to me a few times and one was a UK seller and 2 are US sellers. They all had 100% feedback but all the items were fakes. They all gave me a refund and claimed they had no idea since they were new at selling MAC. One did take down her pigments but the other 2 didnt (after claiming they were going to). They thank me for letting them know and since other buyers had a low feedback purchases they had no idea they were getting fakes. When I buy from a new seller I'm expecting it to be a fake, if it's not that's great if it is then it's another fake seller I know about and can get off ebay. I like helping new sellers learn the differance especially about pigments since thats what I sell and know alot about. Some love my help but others turn around and keep selling after saying they werent. I have a list of names that I need to add to here to let everyone know.

Status
Not open for further replies.