eBay Sellers/Fakers to AVOID

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsMaryMAC

I'm new to this site and to MAC. I love MAC and got all my MAC stuff from a MAC store and I decided to give ebay a try. I did my homework on youtube about how to spot fake MAC and then ordered 2 shadows. They were either old or fake. The packaging looked real, but when I depotted the shadow, the little silver pot had grooves in the bottom- it wasn't a flat-bottomed pan like all of the other MAC shadows I've seen (if I am wrong about the pan, please let me know- thanks). Also, it smelled powdery, like cheap eyeshadow smells. The seller has mostly rave reviews and are from LA. I was refunded after I'd opened a dispute and I sent the shadows back to the seller. =( The seller's name is guo99098.

kittykit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1165Cheryl
In the past few months thats happened to me a few times and one was a UK seller and 2 are US sellers. They all had 100% feedback but all the items were fakes. They all gave me a refund and claimed they had no idea since they were new at selling MAC. One did take down her pigments but the other 2 didnt (after claiming they were going to). They thank me for letting them know and since other buyers had a low feedback purchases they had no idea they were getting fakes. When I buy from a new seller I'm expecting it to be a fake, if it's not that's great if it is then it's another fake seller I know about and can get off ebay. I like helping new sellers learn the differance especially about pigments since thats what I sell and know alot about. Some love my help but others turn around and keep selling after saying they werent. I have a list of names that I need to add to here to let everyone know.

It's a shame that these people continue selling those fakes. I've just checked the eBay of both the seller I bought the fake e/s from, they still list those fake e/s on their stores
angry.gif
It was my first and last time buying MAC from eBay.

SakurasamaLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsinocmd
i recently bought something from kosmetiques_boutiques and if they're selling fakes, i cant tell at all.

Yeah it really took me a side by side comparasion to be sure about her brushes to be fakes... good fakes, like over average brushes. But I bought a pigment from her (didnt remember her seller name and some time had past) and it was so fake... now I have a list of seller I dont buy from. Ebay should do that not just a favorite seller category... a ''wouldn't buy from again'' category.. something like that
tong.gif

1165Cheryl

I bought from a long time seller that has a fantastic reputation, everyone recommends, ect...and got a fake. She and I worked it out fine and she had no idea it was a fake. She has 7000- 8000 100% feedback on Ebay and sells many different MAC items. People recommend her here all of the time and she's a great gal. She mentioned she doesnt know the pigments well enough to spot fakes since she sells so many different form of items. I havent written her name cause here is a good seller, great reputation and it doesnt seem fair to write her name and hurt her reputation after she's spent 5 years earning 100%. I'm mainly bring it up to see how others would handle it and to show that no one is 100% safe. Personally I wouldnt list her name but would if it was a seller who's selling fake items on purpose. Someone asked me the other day when I was getting more of a certain rare pigment in. I told them I had it in transit but since it's a old rare I wont beleive it till I see it since most of the times I have to return them. I keep all of my MAC receipts to show my buyers where I get my stock, know one has ever asked to see them but thats ok...I still keep them. When it comes to rares/discontinued items a person has to know their products well.

I guess I'm writing this to say no one is safe these days and we have to learn as much as we can about the products were selling or buying and even the best gets fooled once in awhile but shouldnt have their name ruined for it...unless well deserved

Xqueeze_me

Please avoid this fake fake fake fake MAC pigments seller!!!

fastback.aus

ALL FAKE PIGMENTS!!! Shiny screw top lids, scratchy boxes, colour labels wrongly positioned on top of all boxes (not a coincidence that they're all like that!!!). LOSER!!!
angry.gif

MAC EYE SHADOW PIGMENT 7.5G NIB GENUINE "AIRE DE BLEU" - eBay, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 06-Oct-08 11:10:31 AEST)
MAC EYE SHADOW PIGMENT 7.5G NIB GENUINE "BLUE BROWN" - eBay, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 06-Oct-08 11:13:11 AEST)
MAC EYE SHADOW PIGMENT 7.5G NIB "CHOCOLATE BROWN" - eBay, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 06-Oct-08 11:15:13 AEST)
MAC EYE SHADOW PIGMENT 7.5G NIB GENUINE "COCOMOTION" - eBay, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 06-Oct-08 11:17:12 AEST)
MAC EYE SHADOW PIGMENT 7.5G NIB GENUINE "COPPERIZED" - eBay, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 06-Oct-08 11:18:26 AEST)
MAC EYE SHADOW PIGMENT 7.5G NIB "COPPER SPARKLE" - eBay, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 06-Oct-08 11:21:14 AEST)
MAC EYE SHADOW PIGMENT 7.5G NIB GENUINE "COPPERCLAST" - eBay, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 06-Oct-08 11:22:09 AEST)
MAC EYE SHADOW PIGMENT 7.5G NIB GENUINE "CORNFLOWER" - eBay, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 06-Oct-08 11:24:08 AEST)
MAC EYE SHADOW PIGMENT 7.5G NIB GENUINE "FAIRY LITE" - eBay, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 06-Oct-08 11:26:24 AEST)
MAC EYE SHADOW PIGMENT 7.5G NIB GENUINE "DARK SOUL" - eBay, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 06-Oct-08 11:28:11 AEST)
MAC EYE SHADOW PIGMENT 7.5G NIB GENUINE "FROST" - eBay, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 06-Oct-08 11:29:19 AEST)
MAC EYE SHADOW PIGMENT 7.5G NIB GENUINE "FROZEN WHITE" - eBay, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 06-Oct-08 11:31:18 AEST)
MAC EYE SHADOW PIGMENT 7.5G NIB GENUINE "FUCHSIA" - eBay, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 06-Oct-08 11:45:12 AEST)
MAC EYE SHADOW PIGMENT 7.5G NIB GENUINE "GOLDEN OLIVE" - eBay, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 06-Oct-08 11:47:15 AEST)
MAC EYE SHADOW PIGMENT 7.5G NIB GENUINE "GOLDEN LEMON" - eBay, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 06-Oct-08 11:48:19 AEST)
MAC EYE SHADOW PIGMENT 7.5G NIB GENUINE "GOLD STROKE" - eBay, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 06-Oct-08 11:50:18 AEST)
MAC EYE SHADOW PIGMENT 7.5G NIB GENUINE "MELON" - eBay, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 06-Oct-08 11:52:22 AEST)
MAC EYE SHADOW PIGMENT 7.5G NIB GENUINE "NAKED" - eBay, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 06-Oct-08 11:54:06 AEST)
MAC EYE SHADOW PIGMENT 7.5G NIB GENUINE "OLD GOLD" - eBay, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 06-Oct-08 11:56:18 AEST)
MAC EYE SHADOW PIGMENT 7.5G NIB GENUINE "PINK BRONZE" - eBay, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 06-Oct-08 11:58:12 AEST)
MAC EYE SHADOW PIGMENT 7.5G NIB GENUINE "PINKED MAUVE" - eBay, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 06-Oct-08 11:59:12 AEST)
MAC EYE SHADOW PIGMENT 7.5G NIB GENUINE "PINK OPAL" - eBay, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 06-Oct-08 12:01:25 AEST)
MAC EYE SHADOW PIGMENT 7.5G NIB GENUINE "ROSE" - eBay, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 06-Oct-08 12:03:04 AEST)
MAC EYE SHADOW PIGMENT 7.5G NIB GENUINE "SWEET SIENNA" - eBay, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 06-Oct-08 12:04:15 AEST)
MAC EYE SHADOW PIGMENT 7.5G NIB GENUINE "TAN" - eBay, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 06-Oct-08 12:06:06 AEST)
MAC EYE SHADOW PIGMENT 7.5G NIB GENUINE "TEAL" - eBay, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 06-Oct-08 12:08:10 AEST)
MAC EYE SHADOW PIGMENT 7.5G NIB GENUINE "VANILLA" - eBay, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 06-Oct-08 12:09:23 AEST)
MAC EYE SHADOW PIGMENT 7.5G NIB GENUINE "HELIUM" - eBay, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 06-Oct-08 12:12:17 AEST)
MAC EYE SHADOW PIGMENT 7.5G NIB GENUINE "VIOLET" - eBay, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 06-Oct-08 12:14:11 AEST)
MAC EYE SHADOW PIGMENT 7.5G NIB GENUINE "VIZ-A-VIOLET" - eBay, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 06-Oct-08 12:16:13 AEST)

Genuine. My ass.

1165Cheryl

Dang..It's amazing what they think they can sell. Like you said, fake, fake, fake..there is so many signs there are too many to list.

MsMaryMAC

Can they fake lipsticks too? Does anyone know about sellers BeautyWizardy and ClosetMustGo? I was interested in getting a lipstick.

Flaminbird

shannonalbert30

I bought 3 MAC eyeshadows from her August 24th. I received them about 10 days later. I had no reason to believe these were fake since the seller had over 4000 + feedback. I did notice that the colors seems not rich like the MAC's were but then again I was fairly new to MAC. She said they were 100% authentic in her listing btw . Well I'd finally had 6 eyeshadows in pots so I depotted them only to the point of just removing the tray portion so I could take the empties to my local MAC and get a free e/s. While in the store this past weekend I was looking through the e/s to choose from and picked up what I discovered was Mulch which was on that I bought from Shannon however it was totally different. The one in the store was nice and frosty and the one at home was totally matte. I bought the Mulch at the pro store and when I got home immediately compared them and found I'd had a fake!!! I did some research through here and found that the fake ebay e/s were marked with the 15 and the 4 dots being different. Sure enough all 3 of mine had those markings. I contacted the seller and she just brushed it off as "oh well my supplier is reputable. there's bound to be fakes here and there" She said hers were 100% authentic so why say 'oh well there's bound to be fakes flying around" No offer for a refund...nothing so I filed with paypal who's working on the case now and also let ebay know.

katie2008

here two more to add to your list!

i have it on personal experience!

kalenza

sam-k2008

samk is registered as being in australia but theyare actually in shanghai!

i found this out after i gave them over £200 for fakes items which were flushed down the toilet!

kalenza also sells fake smashbox, clinique estee lauder etc!

1165Cheryl

On the 2 I listed I could tell by the box and label they were fakes. Since I'm in the business of dealing with pigments I could tell by looking at the auction. Many people arent though, just like I dont know Macs eyeshadows well since I wear and sell only pigments...I'm sorry your having a hard time getting a refund. You'd think Ebay would get rid of a seller who's been reported more then once about selling fakes.....it's not what it use to be like a few years ago which is too bad.

1165Cheryl

Thanks X-queeze me for the link to the e/s fake comparsion information. I just went there and learned alot about regular shadows. As I mentioned above I wear only pigments (99.9% of the time) but knowing as much as I can about any form of a product helps. You do such a great job here, thanks for all of your hard work
smiles.gif

DirtyPlum

bargainbasement2008 is one to avoid... has misleading adverts and claims to be a MUA of 15 years but made several false statements regarding mac shadesticks.

I'm so p*ssed off with ppl on ebay who claim to be mac associates and know mac so well that they claim certain products are rare and exclusive and never sold in UK or at counters - FFS get ur facts right. Ive just forked out £17 for a MINI shadestick which she had stated was full size. I also had someone tell me the dress camp lipstick i wanted was only sold in Asia (a month after release in the frickin UK) and therefore that justified her ridiculous sky high price.

Dishonesty is such a s*it thing!

Prinsesa

This really sucks for me because I actually sell on eBay and I have auth. mac. Thing is, I bought MAC from eBay before too (thats how I started to sell) and sometimes it's not even the authenticity is the problem. These sellers doesnt know what they sell! This seller sold me weird looking colors and I actually told her I want this or that ... blah.

Exotica

It makes my blood boil that magenta-shores is still selling fakes on ebay
she has 4 or 5 listings each week and makes $700AU+ on each one
how crazy is that?
yucky.gif

not only is she making a nice fat living off of selling fake mac but she's distributing to other aussie mac sellers that have no idea they're selling fakes. It kinda makes me wonder where magenta-shores got her stock from in the first place since she seems to have a never ending supply

SometimesTheyComeBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotica
It makes my blood boil that magenta-shores is still selling fakes on ebay
she has 4 or 5 listings each week and makes $700AU+ on each one
how crazy is that?
yucky.gif

not only is she making a nice fat living off of selling fake mac but she's distributing to other aussie mac sellers that have no idea they're selling fakes. It kinda makes me wonder where magenta-shores got her stock from in the first place since she seems to have a never ending supply

I always wondered to! I think i found the answer a while back..

MAC Eyeshadow Pigment Blush Glitter Cream Base 36 pack

She used to use this exact picture! But i'm pretty sure this is her supplier of the fake crapola MAC!!

thmbdn.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.