eBay Sellers/Fakers to AVOID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meryl

Are lipsticks faked as well? I'm thinking of getting a replacement for the one I stupidly sold before realizing I actually love it.

The seller is named etherial*angel. Anyone know about her?

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryl
Are lipsticks faked as well? I'm thinking of getting a replacement for the one I stupidly sold before realizing I actually love it.

The seller is named etherial*angel. Anyone know about her?

a lot of her stuff looks ok, but i can see a few suspect items as well - some of the pigments don't look quite right to me and there's a couple of LE items that have been known to be counterfeited. the fafi glosses she is offering are also missing stickers.

hopefully someone who has purchased from her is on here, i can't say for sure on this one.

Meryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
a lot of her stuff looks ok, but i can see a few suspect items as well - some of the pigments don't look quite right to me and there's a couple of LE items that have been known to be counterfeited. the fafi glosses she is offering are also missing stickers.

hopefully someone who has purchased from her is on here, i can't say for sure on this one.

Thank you for looking.
yes.gif

I just want a LE lipstick, I don't know if I should bother...

X_SiN_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsesa
This really sucks for me because I actually sell on eBay and I have auth. mac. Thing is, I bought MAC from eBay before too (thats how I started to sell) and sometimes it's not even the authenticity is the problem. These sellers doesnt know what they sell! This seller sold me weird looking colors and I actually told her I want this or that ... blah.

You sold 64 MAC items for $200???
th_dunno.gif

And you don't list the colour names?

I dunno your products seem a little
WTF2.gif
ish to me.

Then again I could be wrong, that has happened once before
cutey.gif

zwanpumkin

Since we're on the subject, can anyone direct me to a thread posting legit Ebay accounts or refer direct Ebay accounts on which I can purchase MAC products? I'm new here, and I'm sure there's already a thread which I have yet to find. Greatly appreciated!!! My boyfriend once tried to suprise me with a brush set, but they turned out fake. He didn't know all MAC brushes had the No.'s on them, which were visibly missing. I'd like to avoid that!!

michelle79

macluvermre

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1165Cheryl
another is beautyisrelative atleast with pigments....

I just received a fake blackberry and copperplate from this seller. Have sent an email, but waiting for a reply. I could tell the Honey Lust photo was "off" because mine doesn't look like that, but I had no idea the mattes were fake. Boxes scratch with nail, no code on back of boxes, and the MAC sticker on the back of the Copperplate, is in black and BEIGE. Anyone ever see this?

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiehorror
Anyone have any experience or opinions on these users?

may_cup
divabean13
deepsea777727
mommroxx
storm471
s.gif
jlsdvs
s.gif

*letsmakeup1*

Found nothing, or very little here on the sellers listed so I thought I would ask
smiles.gif

Also, I'm fairly new at identifying fake pigments, but this seller is new and looks a tad bit cutty to me. Agree? gretsmith27

Another new seller. No feedback 813fashion
Whacha think?

may_cup - i'm iffy on the pigments (they look wrong) and the brushes, the other items are hard to tell.
divabean13 - only a couple of MAC pigments, both known counterfeited colours. i would avoid due to that.
deepsea777727 - i see some shiny lids. best to avoid.
mommroxx -more shiny lids. avoid this one too.
storm471 - pigments are counterfeit, the boxes are wrong.
jlsdvs - counterfeit. jars are wrong, colour names are weird and the colours have numbers.
*letsmakeup1* - counterfeit pigments (shiny lids) and that lot of pigment vials is a bit of a worry.
ssad.gif

813fashion - i suspect these are counterfeit due to the boxes.
gretsmith27 - seller has a few authentic items, but the full size pigment jars are not.

angiehorror

I recently purchased an eyeshadow from ebay user neutou (neu-to-u)
and though I don't see anything that screams counterfeit just yet, I am having a ridiculously hard time depotting this sucker. I've honestly never had so much trouble depotting a shadow, and am wondering if the what seems like unmeltable glue may be a sign that it's a knock off. I normally don't use fire to depot my shadows but after several failed attempts which included ruining the pan and cracking the shadow, I tried lighting it up, and STILL cannot get it out. I also see NO sign of the little melted hole that usually appears on the bottom of the insert.

Has anyone ever purchased from this user or had this dilemma?

angiehorror

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
may_cup - i'm iffy on the pigments (they look wrong) and the brushes, the other items are hard to tell.
divabean13 - only a couple of MAC pigments, both known counterfeited colours. i would avoid due to that.
deepsea777727 - i see some shiny lids. best to avoid.
mommroxx -more shiny lids. avoid this one too.
storm471 - pigments are counterfeit, the boxes are wrong.
jlsdvs - counterfeit. jars are wrong, colour names are weird and the colours have numbers.
*letsmakeup1* - counterfeit pigments (shiny lids) and that lot of pigment vials is a bit of a worry.
ssad.gif

813fashion - i suspect these are counterfeit due to the boxes.
gretsmith27 - seller has a few authentic items, but the full size pigment jars are not.

Awesome, thanks
smiles.gif

I didn't think any of them looked particularly promising and thought that the names should come up on a search here since I couldn't find anything on them.

angiehorror

Quote:
I recently purchased an eyeshadow from ebay user neutou (neu-to-u)
and though I don't see anything that screams counterfeit just yet, I am having a ridiculously hard time depotting this sucker. I've honestly never had so much trouble depotting a shadow, and am wondering if the what seems like unmeltable glue may be a sign that it's a knock off. I normally don't use fire to depot my shadows but after several failed attempts which included ruining the pan and cracking the shadow, I tried lighting it up, and STILL cannot get it out. I also see NO sign of the little melted hole that usually appears on the bottom of the insert.

Has anyone ever purchased from this user or had this dilemma?

Well, I finally got my answer myself.

Add user neutou store (neu-to-u) to the list of frauds.

I finally got my shadow out of the pot, and it is indeed a fake.
The pan had an indented ring and the glue was absolute crap/ nearly impossible to get off.

This user claims to be donating their proceeds to adults with disabilities too. It makes me question where the money is going. It's a shame..

MelodyAngel

I'm thinking about picking up a few Dazzleglasses from ebay. Are those being counterfeited as well? Just curious because there are some sold out colors I'd like to pick up, but the idea of fake lipgloss is just sooo gross.
thmbdn.gif

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin
nabeelkarim has a number of fake pigments listed.

Now here's a thing - both cutebabydoll6 and nabeelkarim live in Leicester, sell fake MAC and cutebabydoll6 has bought 2 car CD changers from nabeelkarim, for which both of them used the identical fancy way of writing feedback on one of the items. Am I reading too much into this?

Oh, and both are asking for immediate payment, and both have now started calling their pigments 'MAC Style'. The buyer that recently left feedback for nabeelkarim declaring their purchase of this item http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110181944079 to be "Beautiful, genuine mac products" (none of the other buyers of that item have yet left feedback) also comes from Leicestershire. Hmmm

Rockin thanks for that
thmbup.gif

i have reported nabeelkarim,to ebay ages ago ..he/she was also selling counterfeit Lancome Cherie juicy tubes
angry.gif

Does anyone remembers seller:knightbidding?She sold lotsss fake MAC mascaras,eyeliners,and fake Lancome similar to kalawrtd...
few more to add to this list :

Vickiray1979- fake Mac Zoom lash,and Mac Liquid eyeliner with spelling mistake *LIQULID!
BITS-N-BOBSUK!-ALL his pigments are fakes no names,etc madup shades names
Jayjones13579-fake Mac eyeliner liquid and Zoom lash mascara
Scooby-doo2girl -fake Mac palettes

angiehorror

Quote:
Well, I finally got my answer myself.

Add user neutou store (neu-to-u) to the list of frauds.

I finally got my shadow out of the pot, and it is indeed a fake.
The pan had an indented ring and the glue was absolute crap/ nearly impossible to get off.

This user claims to be donating their proceeds to adults with disabilities too. It makes me question where the money is going. It's a shame..

I contacted the seller who was apologetic and refunded my payment in full.
They were very nice about it, and maybe they weren't aware they were selling fakes, but I still don't recommend this seller if you're buying MAC products.

Status
Not open for further replies.