eBay Sellers/Fakers to AVOID

Status
Not open for further replies.

BellaItalia1969

Most of the time the sellers standard reply *when asked about authenticity of their Mac products*," I bought this while on holiday in US,from Mac outlet so it's authentic!These are limited edition palettes,Mascara "yeahhh
mac_addict.gif
BIG TIME !!!i EVEN DREAM OF PIGMENTS

Now this seller of fakes has got 10 of these MAC LIQUID EYELINERS FOR SALE
..i wonder where these came from...any guesses?By the way he is the same seller who sold me the fake Zoom lash!
Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner on eBay, also, Eyeliner, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 10-Dec-08 18:38:39 GMT)

angiehorror

Another counterfeit.

softball*mommie

I got another knock off eyeshadow.
Shiny plastic. Crappy glue. Indented pan.

No more buying MAC on ebay for me.

sushi-roll

DO NOT buy MAC eyeshadows on ebay. I had a long chat with my ebay seller that I buy from and she said she doesn't even carry MAC eyeshadows because they are so hard to tell if they are fake or not. She said best buy eyeshadows from MAC directly because fakes obviously don't go through testing and these products aren't regulated so you have no idea what kinda crap like lead, etc. you could be putting on your eye.

She did say that people don't waste their time making fake eyeshadows with certain signature packaging like Alexander McQueen, Moonbathes, Ungaro, etc. so these are safe on ebay but for the regular shadows always buy them at your trustworthy MAC counter. I buy pro pans (which seem to be safe on ebay) because these are so convenient to carry when traveling. The only eyeshadow pot I ever buy is Carbon cuz you can never have enough of that, lol

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaItalia1969
Has anyone bought any MAC products off this seller?
Im sort of suspicious he /she has got and sold vast amounts of MAC ...
95b5_1.JPG

MAC EYE PIGMENT BATCH NUMBER A95 PINK BRONZE BNIB on eBay, also, Eye Shadow, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 21-Dec-08 14:20:33 GMT)
MAC EYE PIGMENT STUNNING GOLD RUSHMETAL BNIB on eBay, also, Eye Shadow, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 11-Jan-09 15:55:33 GMT)
That's cheap for that Rushmetal piggy ...
cry.gif

it's difficult trying to tell from those photos. the lighting and the way they are styled contributes to this.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi-roll
DO NOT buy MAC eyeshadows on ebay. I had a long chat with my ebay seller that I buy from and she said she doesn't even carry MAC eyeshadows because they are so hard to tell if they are fake or not. She said best buy eyeshadows from MAC directly because fakes obviously don't go through testing and these products aren't regulated so you have no idea what kinda crap like lead, etc. you could be putting on your eye.

She did say that people don't waste their time making fake eyeshadows with certain signature packaging like Alexander McQueen, Moonbathes, Ungaro, etc. so these are safe on ebay but for the regular shadows always buy them at your trustworthy MAC counter. I buy pro pans (which seem to be safe on ebay) because these are so convenient to carry when traveling. The only eyeshadow pot I ever buy is Carbon cuz you can never have enough of that, lol

Not quite... all those fake Barbie eyeshadows spring to mind immediately...

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
it's difficult trying to tell from those photos. the lighting and the way they are styled contributes to this.

ahhhh Ok thanks red!Im getting soooo suspicious...
by the way what is the weather like in Sydney?My brother works in Sydney,but lives in Petersham...he in fact invited me for aussie style Xmas...but I hate flying
thmbdn.gif

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaItalia1969
ahhhh Ok thanks red!Im getting soooo suspicious...
by the way what is the weather like in Sydney?My brother works in Sydney,but lives in Petersham...he in fact invited me for aussie style Xmas...but I hate flying
thmbdn.gif

Petersham isn't too far from me, I'm an inner-westie most of the time. It's actually not that far from the city.

It was pretty cool today (22 degrees C) and quite windy... but we're getting set for a nice long summer over here!
greengrin.gif

TISH1124

^^^ I have always wondered about this seller because she always seems to have the rarest lipsticks and items...I questioned her once before and she was HOT about the nerve of me asking !!

MissResha

add "gurly_glam" to the list!

shiny pigment lids

as someone said earlier, beautyisrelative is indeed fake. i bought an eyeshadow from her, but she was nice enough to take it back and refund me...

i really wonder if these people even know they're buying FAKE mac from their suppliers??

1165Cheryl

It's gotten to the point were I don't trust any MAC products on ebay anymore. There are a few trustworthy & great sellers that sell the real thing but my motto is "dont beleive it until you see it". One long time seller (has pro card) I've known for years had a fake pigment and didnt know it. I know 2 makeup artists off of Ebay and basically only trust them and acourse directly from MAC. Ebay has been taken over by counterfiets in so many areas, makeup, electronics, clothing, ect...

Look at this one, lol....is that crazy or what.

New Steel Blue MAC Eye Shadow Pigment - eBay (item 160304938147 end time Dec-19-08 11:29:12 PST)

My cousin has been buying alot of stuff using my account, I told her to be careful but some items she didnt care cause the price was "good". Thankfully I talked her out of some of them before she paid and the seller didnt deny the item's were fakes. She quickly agreed to void the transaction. It's sad they dont care about the eye/face damage their fakes can cause....they only care about money and so did my cousin, how sick is that!

X_SiN_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catatonia
Dunno if this has been posted already... I'm quite shocked

thmbdn.gif
thmbdn.gif
thmbdn.gif

lmfao @ her putting her username in the picture... Aint NO ONE gonna try steal her pictures
th_LMAO.gif

macluvermre

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Not quite... all those fake Barbie eyeshadows spring to mind immediately...

....As panda said, lots of fake barbie e/s and blushes and then hopefully everyone is aware of the FAKE Fafi items.......The new and improved black fafi packaging. I wonder if the fake fafi has better pkging w/out stickers?!
th_LMAO.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.