eBay Sellers/Fakers to AVOID

Status
Not open for further replies.

tepa1974

I've purchased a few MAC e/s on ebay and never had an issue until my last transaction. It was from Beautyisrelative. I had a feeling when I got it out of the box and then I knew for sure when I depotted it. Scary stuff!

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
Petersham isn't too far from me, I'm an inner-westie most of the time. It's actually not that far from the city.

It was pretty cool today (22 degrees C) and quite windy... but we're getting set for a nice long summer over here!
greengrin.gif

Ahhhhh im so ,so jealous i live in S.London,it has been freezing for the last 2 weeks... apparaently it's the coldest winter since 1960!lucky you it will be a hot Xmas for some
yes.gif

cryS7al

I bought fake pigments and eyeshadows from becomingmum and bargainsbasement UK
thmbdn.gif

There are fake blushes too on eBay?

Catatonia

Could someone please tell me if Mothbrown e/s from Barbie collection has or hasn't Barbie logo written on the sides of the box. I'm seeing both versions on ebay and I dunno anything about it as I wasn't MAC obsessed when that particular collection was launched.

I'm really confused. Anyone?
hmm.gif

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catatonia
Could someone please tell me if Mothbrown e/s from Barbie collection has or hasn't Barbie logo written on the sides of the box. I'm seeing both versions on ebay and I dunno anything about it as I wasn't MAC obsessed when that particular collection was launched.

I'm really confused. Anyone?
hmm.gif

i believe there are both... from memory the second run was in normal pots?

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryS7al
I bought fake pigments and eyeshadows from becomingmum and bargainsbasement UK
thmbdn.gif

There are fake blushes too on eBay?

Hiya,
That's so weird because i had someone emailing me via eBay,after reading my guide ,about becomingmum selling fake pigments!Here is another seller to add to your collection
j-tavares-020

MAC EYESHADOW PALETTE on eBay, also, Other, Everything Else (end time 16-Jan-09 10:37:54 GMT)
ed2b_1.JPG

and here is the lovely (NOT)palette that this seller is selling for £25 !!!
He already sold 7 of these last week !!That really makes me mad.I did reported him/her but....

izziebelle

Oh gosh I think I have just bought fake MAC pigments.. I didn't really know that there were fake ones out there, but it doesn't really surprise. Does anyone know if I have any rights for a refund? The buyer hasn't even responded to the message I sent 3 days ago asking if it was fake or not.. Damn *Silly me* I have paid her already through Paypal...

New MACâ„¢28 Pigment Eyeshadow in box for Xmas - eBay (item 170288147097 end time Dec-20-08 10:55:16 PST)

Here is a link to the buyer and the same product as I bought.. Darn.

cry.gif
It does look fake dont it?

speedygirl247

Yes they will be fake, you can try messaging the seller to say you have changed your mind. I get buyers who genuinely buy the wrong colour, or when getting the bill decide they have spent too much etc, and we do a mutual withdrawl from sale. if you only paid a short while ago, they should refund, and the seller will not have to pay final value ebay fees. hope this helps.

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by izziebelle
Oh gosh I think I have just bought fake MAC pigments.. I didn't really know that there were fake ones out there, but it doesn't really surprise. Does anyone know if I have any rights for a refund? The buyer hasn't even responded to the message I sent 3 days ago asking if it was fake or not.. Damn *Silly me* I have paid her already through Paypal...

New MACâ„¢28 Pigment Eyeshadow in box for Xmas - eBay (item 170288147097 end time Dec-20-08 10:55:16 PST)

Here is a link to the buyer and the same product as I bought.. Darn.

cry.gif
It does look fake dont it?

Sorry to say but yes those are fakes
ssad.gif
I hope you didnt pay too much??? Most full jars on ebay these days are fakes but there are some real ones. Stay away from any coming from hong Kong, auctions that dont list the names, ones with very shiny lids, ect..the list goes on. Theres a list here with the names of many fake Ebay sellers along with a list of trustful ones.

Hopefully she will refund your money...sometimes they'd much rather give a refund then get reported. Good luck...

TISH1124

Quote:
But he/she doesn't respond at all..
th_dunno.gif

If they are Fake...that is probably why....If he doesn't respond before you get your items...file a PP claim and send them back

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
But he/she doesn't respond at all..
th_dunno.gif

Izziebelle,please file a Paypal dispute for SNAD and counterfeit,the seller has to respond within certain time frame.if she/he does not respond then Paypal will automatically refund your money.
Thing is usually before Xmas,there's upsurge of sellers trying to sell all these nasty MAC as genuine!!
angry.gif

Here is one on ebay UK,
BNIB MACs Eye Shadow And Blusher Compact on eBay, also, Eye Shadow, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 26-Dec-08 12:32:41 GMT)

Seller has 0feedback :makeup-201
dba1_1.JPG

Sometimes are wonder if some buyers maybe like buying fakes as long as the price is right!

7d39_1.JPG

seller J-Tavares-020, has SOLD over 14 of these @£25 EACH!!AMAZING!!
AVOID at all cost !

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
may_cup - i'm iffy on the pigments (they look wrong) and the brushes, the other items are hard to tell.
divabean13 - only a couple of MAC pigments, both known counterfeited colours. i would avoid due to that.
deepsea777727 - i see some shiny lids. best to avoid.
mommroxx -more shiny lids. avoid this one too.
storm471 - pigments are counterfeit, the boxes are wrong.
jlsdvs - counterfeit. jars are wrong, colour names are weird and the colours have numbers.
*letsmakeup1* - counterfeit pigments (shiny lids) and that lot of pigment vials is a bit of a worry.
ssad.gif

813fashion - i suspect these are counterfeit due to the boxes.
gretsmith27 - seller has a few authentic items, but the full size pigment jars are not.

I have to correct the record on Seller *mommroxx* I wanted to wait until I actually received the pigments and had a chance to examine them against the ones I already had...same shade and everything. The pigment caps are Not shiny IRL ...and they are identical in everyway...so this is a authentic seller IMO...Can't vouch for every pigment but my order was perfect!

izziebelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaItalia1969
Izziebelle,please file a Paypal dispute for SNAD and counterfeit,the seller has to respond within certain time frame.if she/he does not respond then Paypal will automatically refund your money.
Thing is usually before Xmas,there's upsurge of sellers trying to sell all these nasty MAC as genuine!!
angry.gif

Here is one on ebay UK,
BNIB MACs Eye Shadow And Blusher Compact on eBay, also, Eye Shadow, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 26-Dec-08 12:32:41 GMT)

Seller has 0feedback :makeup-201
dba1_1.JPG

Sometimes are wonder if some buyers maybe like buying fakes as long as the price is right!

7d39_1.JPG

seller J-Tavares-020, has SOLD over 14 of these @£25 EACH!!AMAZING!!
AVOID at all cost !

Thank you! But im actually not sure how I do it. Because the options you have in the "report a problem" page is that either you have to not yet received the item or the received item is not as described. But I haven't got the item and it is not yet sent either.. It has been 6 days since i bought it.

TISH1124

Quote:
Thank you! But im actually not sure how I do it. Because the options you have in the "report a problem" page is that either you have to not yet received the item or the received item is not as described. But I haven't got the item and it is not yet sent either.. It has been 6 days since i bought it.

You have to wait until the order has arrived...I think you can't report the item until at least @ 2 weeks after the payment date

izziebelle

Well I sent one now anyway.. Because now I see that 2 buyers have given feedback to her that the product they received were fake..

Soon after that I gained a mail from her (finally answered when I opened a case on her yeah..) And she wrote: "it is truth MAC pigment" :S

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Well I sent one now anyway.. Because now I see that 2 buyers have given feedback to her that the product they received were fake..

Soon after that I gained a mail from her (finally answered when I opened a case on her yeah..) And she wrote: "it is truth MAC pigment" :S

Lol Izzie,typical answer from someone who sells fakes
girl_devil.gif

Wait until you recieve the stuff then open Paypal dispute.Also can you post the name of the seller so we all be aware ,the link you posted has been removed by eBay.
mac_haul.gif

Good luck and Merry Xmas

Chiara

chickatthegym

I bought some Lipglasses and Lusterglasses from this seller
s.gif
*allura*
She has only stock photos up so you can't even tell what her stuff looks like.. they just showed up and are terrible fakes! No boxes or batch codes (one doesn't even have a sticker on the bottom at all!) And the label on the bottom is completely off. The caps to them are dull and don't even look close to the real thing. Then I opened one to see what it looked like and it stunk SO bad! I am sending them back.

I thought I would look for some rare colors on ebay but my mistake... I agree with most everyone else, I am sticking to the MAC stores and MAC online!

sushi-roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickatthegym
I bought some Lipglasses and Lusterglasses from this seller
s.gif
*allura*
She has only stock photos up so you can't even tell what her stuff looks like.. they just showed up and are terrible fakes! No boxes or batch codes (one doesn't even have a sticker on the bottom at all!) And the label on the bottom is completely off. The caps to them are dull and don't even look close to the real thing. Then I opened one to see what it looked like and it stunk SO bad! I am sending them back.

I thought I would look for some rare colors on ebay but my mistake... I agree with most everyone else, I am sticking to the MAC stores and MAC online!

Really? I buy from her all the time and had never had a problem. She is very sweet too. I've bought products from pampered*princess*products with no labels and brought them to the MAC counter to verify and they said they were real. They just get liquidated items that are discontinued or items that are being close to discontinued is what I was told. I never had an issue with PPP and unlabeled products. Besides if someone was going through all the trouble to make a fake product, wouldn't they just make a sticker? lol.. that would be the easy part. No sticker does not mean its fake. These are the sellers I've personally bought from and have had good experiences with:

closetmustgo
pampered*princess*products
*allura*
seanala (but I don't think she sells much MAC)

Just my opinion, guys!

Merry Christmas!!

Status
Not open for further replies.