eBay Sellers/Fakers to AVOID

Status
Not open for further replies.

macluvermre

...this seller is using a new id, her long standing seller id had fallen to 98.2 on feedbacks, she started new id, so be careful. If anyone wants to know the seller? send me a pm, I will tell you - and I honestly don't know alot about their previous ebay problems, but know the name....

macluvermre

duplicate
smiles.gif

macluvermre

Quote:
Originally Posted by tepa1974
I've purchased a few MAC e/s on ebay and never had an issue until my last transaction. It was from Beautyisrelative. I had a feeling when I got it out of the box and then I knew for sure when I depotted it. Scary stuff!

Had 3 fake e/s from beautyisrelative and I am in the middle of PP dispute. Ironically, all the e/s colors were Matte2 and in beige/black packaging (including sticker). Also, someone else has noted that beautyisrelative has also sold fake pigments....

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by macluvermre
Had 3 fake e/s from beautyisrelative and I am in the middle of PP dispute. Ironically, all the e/s colors were Matte2 and in beige/black packaging (including sticker). Also, someone else has noted that beautyisrelative has also sold fake pigments....

Did the Matte2 e/s have smooth pans or indented pans?

sushi-roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Yep...I received a fake pigment from BeautyisRelative about a year ago....

I never bought from beautyisrelative before but she's on my favorite seller list and I peek in from time to time. Did she know it was fake and refund you at least???

TISH1124

Actually I have bought several things from her...and they were good...However the pigment was fake ...did not realize it was fake until many months later because I didn't have the knowledge of fake pigments at the time of purchase. I went back and looked at who I bought it from and it was her and it was over 3 months after the sale..so I chalked it up to a lost and didn't worry aboutit...It was a Vanilla Piggie that was an fake no doubt about it now that I look back at it. But it was a lesson learned and I use the jar as a reminder of just what a good fake looks like.

macluvermre

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Did the Matte2 e/s have smooth pans or indented pans?

Hi! the pans on copperplate and handwritten were smooth and had some junk glue in them, wasn't hard to get them out. I didn't depot the poison pen because at some point I will have to return them to her. Are the matte2 supposed to look like that? Also, although I didn't suspect anything at first, the boxes were all flipped open with they arrived, and they will not stay closed at all...
th_dunno.gif

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by macluvermre
Hi! the pans on copperplate and handwritten were smooth and had some junk glue in them, wasn't hard to get them out. I didn't depot the poison pen because at some point I will have to return them to her. Are the matte2 supposed to look like that? Also, although I didn't suspect anything at first, the boxes were all flipped open with they arrived, and they will not stay closed at all...
th_dunno.gif

Hiya!
smiles.gif
They are all supposed to have flat pans, I am unsure as to whether or not this has been corrected in the fakes, though it appears it may well have been. Though to be fair regarding gluing some authentic e/s I got from MAC direct also had crap glue and were super easy to remove (namley Black Tied, Beauty Marked and Parrot) - the Parrot almost fell out of the pot and I bought it direct!! Though I have also had others that were complete bastards to get out
angry.gif

I wonder this because recently I got two Matte2 e/s in Newly Minted and it seems these are now doing the rounds.... I have to say that mine came in questionable boxes (the card is yukky like the glitter another member posted about recently - and it was bought from MAC yearly sale) but the printing and pans, & pots themselves seems spot on to me - I checked for ALL the counterfeit markers including the numbers inside the pots and the insignia in the centre base of the pot as well and it was all fine. The colour is exact as well and the texture itself is right so I really dont know what to make of these now?
ssad.gif

thisisuzy

What makes me just as sick as sellers who offer fake products, is the people that list items as RARE when they are permanent colors, readily available on the MAC website or stores. I recently contacted one of these sellers, d2m4, who had a large number of permanents listed as rare. The seller's reply showed absolutely no concern that they are lying to buyers. I hope nobody here buys from them.

lovesong

I had an experience with a fake Ebay seller.She sold me 8 basic brushes.Had no idea they were fake because I was just starting out with MAC, only 3 of the brushes were the real thing.I didn't notice until months later about the other ones and I'm going to have to look up the name because I have not bought anything from Ebay in a while because I decided to go straight to retail/manufactuerer themselves.

sushi-roll

Has anyone bought from cosmeticxchange yet? I'm thinking this is a new user id for another seller I've dealt with but not sure.

sushi-roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1165Cheryl
Two more, I dont know if someone already list these, sorry if this is a repeat...

Mac New Eyeshadow Pigment Coco Beach 7.5g - eBay (item 320324897573 end time Dec-17-08 21:00:28 PST)

Mac Pigment 7.5g New Sealed Green Brown - eBay (item 320325090455 end time Dec-18-08 19:37:17 PST)

the 2nd one has LOTS of fakes and has been told

Sorry if this is a dumb question but how can you tell those are fakes? I just discovered pigments (I know, I know) and was looking to buy some jars on ebay. All I know to careful of the the shiny black lids. Thanks!!

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi-roll
Sorry if this is a dumb question but how can you tell those are fakes? I just discovered pigments (I know, I know) and was looking to buy some jars on ebay. All I know to careful of the the shiny black lids. Thanks!!

Hi,
The 2nd one you can see on the top of the box 2 cut out slits, MAC make's indents in theres now but not cut. Fake box's have been made with the cut slits for awhile. With the first one I asked for the batch number and where it came from since it looked kinda like copper sparkle and the picture gave no information. I was told there wasnt any number, ect.. that she was told it was coco beach from the place she got it from. It was awhile ago so I dont remember the exact conversation. I noticed gurly glam doesnt have anything listed anymore.

Hoped this helped
thmbup.gif

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisuzy
What makes me just as sick as sellers who offer fake products, is the people that list items as RARE when they are permanent colors, readily available on the MAC website or stores. I recently contacted one of these sellers, d2m4, who had a large number of permanents listed as rare. The seller's reply showed absolutely no concern that they are lying to buyers. I hope nobody here buys from them.

That drives me crazy also, I see it on Ecrater all of the time. Sellers calling colors like blue brown, basic red, ect a rare. Buyers new to pigments don't know the differance and are getting ripped off. I too have contacted the sellers and they didnt care.

turnyourback

i bought a grape pigment from all things gurly about two weeks ago and received it (of course, before having ever read this thread) only to realize it was fake.

the seller has nothing listed for sale anymore and said if i send back the pigment that she'll refund me, but i'm worried i'll send back the pigment and she'll just disappear. what can/should i do?

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnyourback
i bought a grape pigment from all things gurly about two weeks ago and received it (of course, before having ever read this thread) only to realize it was fake.

the seller has nothing listed for sale anymore and said if i send back the pigment that she'll refund me, but i'm worried i'll send back the pigment and she'll just disappear. what can/should i do?

did you pay through paypal?

turnyourback

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
did you pay through paypal?

yup. we currently have a paypal dispute open in which i told her i would send back the pigment if she'd agree to refund me. i'm just worried that once she receives the merchandise i won't hear from her again.

Status
Not open for further replies.