eBay Sellers/Fakers to AVOID

Status
Not open for further replies.

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnyourback
yup. we currently have a paypal dispute open in which i told her i would send back the pigment if she'd agree to refund me. i'm just worried that once she receives the merchandise i won't hear from her again.

that's a positive thing, if the dispute is open then you can escalate it to a claim if you don't hear back from her. Just ensure you send back the item with delivery confirmation/signature on delivery so you have proof it went back.

macluvermre

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1165Cheryl
That drives me crazy also, I see it on Ecrater all of the time. Sellers calling colors like blue brown, basic red, ect a rare. Buyers new to pigments don't know the differance and are getting ripped off. I too have contacted the sellers and they didnt care.

I hate it when sellers will put "RARE", SOLD OUT on something that just came out and really, they are just keyword spamming. Sucks.

macluvermre

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi-roll
Sorry if this is a dumb question but how can you tell those are fakes? I just discovered pigments (I know, I know) and was looking to buy some jars on ebay. All I know to careful of the the shiny black lids. Thanks!!

Also, this particular seller sold a total of 9 jars of rare Coco Beach pigment in 6 days. Who has that many to sell? Highly unlikely they were authentic. The color doesn't look right to me either....Just my opinion
smiles.gif

cryS7al

Quote:
Here is another person someone asked about either here or in the Favorite ebayer forum, this pigment box has the cut slits...

MAC Pigment - Provence 7.5g Full Size BNIB - eBay (item 370113539919 end time Jan-13-09 15:30:58 PST)

I bought fakes from her and fortunately she refunded me.
She assured me that all of MAC she sells are 100% genuine, bought carefully from US wholesalers, but I noticed shiny lids, bold fonts and scruffy boxes/stickers
nonono.gif
and I think mine are nothing else than fakes...

BellaItalia1969

8070_1.JPG

Hatterblue,
i asked her about the MAC select foundation and MAC liquid eyeliner as from her description and piccy I could tell these were fakes and she told me that "these are different as they were made for Japanese market*Her MAC liquid eyeliner had BK1 as shade on sticker
angry.gif

mac_addict.gif
yeahhhhhhhhhhh

1165Cheryl

Ebay has finally removed gurly_glam items and she's no longer a registered user. Finally seeing Ebay do something about some of the fake sellers....

TISH1124

Please add forziere-findings to the list if she is not on it...She sold fake e/s and knew they were fake....Another member and I bought the same fake...She bought hers in November and she apologized and refunded her money saying she had no idea...Hummm Okay turned around and sold one of the EXACT same shadows.. color and all to me and another person...and told me when I said something that she had no idea and she finds it hard to believe...I said really and sent her ALL the corresponding emails that she had had with another member on here and asked her if the 6 emails I forwarded her from November jarred her memory at all..OK she instantly refunded me...and yes she is still selling the same shadows online...

MissResha

Quote:
Ebay has finally removed gurly_glam items and she's no longer a registered user. Finally seeing Ebay do something about some of the fake sellers....

yup! i got an email from them yesterday cuz i bid on 4 piggies a while ago and i didnt pay her because i later found out they were fake.

so she opened up a dispute and i didnt bother responding, because the very next day, ebay sends me this message:

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]320323153307 - Mac Pigment 7.5g New Sealed Blue

We strongly recommend that you do not complete this purchase. Purchases of items listed on eBay but then completed outside of eBay are extremely risky. They are not covered by eBay buyer protection programs and are highly susceptible to fraud.

that'll teach her!
[/FONT]

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
check this out, it's ending soon but the pictures are from different sellers and look at the price....

LOT of MAC Pigment - eBay (item 300284474562 end time Jan-07-09 19:31:18 PST)

Awful !!
Also please add this seller Mum_zhang2008 ,to your list she used to trade on ebay UK,since she has been chucked out she is now using different ID ,to sell same crap ,fake MAC
,Smashbox and Lancome !Look at this
84814996_tp.jpg

These have gone up to £22
ViewItem&rd=1&item=260343128477&ssPageName=STRK:ME WA:IT&ih=01
I presume ebay UK ,will be flooded with these and her other counterfeit ,vile stuff ..seen few UK sellers,bidding on her stuff!
angry.gif

miz_vee

I've bought 2 brushes from antdaddy14 - very questionable. The #187 is alright, though the ferrule seems off & it sheds a little still; and the #129 is coarse, uneven and very rough.

chocedition

omg thanks Tish. I've bought piggies from her b4 and they looked real as hell top me. But a few posts ago I read moommroxx on the bad list and my heart just dropped. 1 time I did ask her where she got all her stuff from and she told me a cco by where she lives. I did save that email in my ebay acct for reference too. I'm so glad.

chocedition

ok you can add inxous to the list from me as well. $%^&***&% s.o.b denied any wrong doing on their part and even claimed that I was not describing the product that I bought from them and is trying to pawn it off like I must have gotten another accent red from someone else. F that. I filed a claim right away. So we'll see if they are ready to put up or shut up. I'm ready to send the product straight to mac for verification. dang rip off artists!

chocedition

I ordered a lovely lily pigment from mommroxx and it arrived quickly. With this site's help I was able to identify that it was a fake. I contacted the lady and she has already refunded my money to paypal. She has requested that I send the box & jar back to her. I have detailed pics of the product in question if anyone wants to see. e/m me at [email protected] . I'm hoping she'll join here and be able to identify what makes her stuff fakes. I don't want anyone to get a bad rep unless they r willfully selling us fakes.

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocedition
ok you can add inxous to the list from me as well. $%^&***&% s.o.b denied any wrong doing on their part and even claimed that I was not describing the product that I bought from them and is trying to pawn it off like I must have gotten another accent red from someone else. F that. I filed a claim right away. So we'll see if they are ready to put up or shut up. I'm ready to send the product straight to mac for verification. dang rip off artists!

She was put on the list awhile back, I'm sorry you had to go through that. These sellers have had so many complaints, been reported but Ebay still allows them to sell. I recently reported someone that I didnt buy from but could easily see they were fakes. Another person here also reported her and I saw within 1-2 weeks her items were taken off by Ebay. With that person she was new to Ebay but it seems sellers that have higher feedback numbers are the ones Ebay doesnt do anything about. The shill bidding thats been going on is crazy too. All we can do is keep reporting them..when I do, I include the facts I see in the picture that shows it's not real, the more facts the more Ebay seems to listen. X-queeze has a great thread showing fake MAC pigments that can help tell the fakes. Another thing fake sellers are doing is using other peoples pictures so people have no idea if thats the actual product or not. Some are putting fake pigment into real jars, it's gotten so dang crazy!!

chocedition

It really is crazy on ebay. I even wrote down some of the names from the good sellers list and copied them into my wordpad. So those'll be the only people I buy from off ebay from now on. See the prob stems for some of us that aren't close to any cco's or pro stores or whatever have you. So we resort to begging people to do cp's for them. or going on ebay which as far as I can tell from this week alone there are very few honest cosmetics sellers. It's a shame cuz I have been dealing with ebay for 10 yrs and till I got into mac I had no idea of the scope of counterfeits there was. I also reported worththesplurge tonight too. I am fed up with these people trying to steal our hard earned money. If I see more fakes and even I can see it I'm gonna report it from now on. I'm using the guides on here as my reference.

1165Cheryl

I am so mad right now..someone on Ebays Sweden site is using my MAC picture and it has my name and store name on it. They are also selling fakes, thankfully someone e-mailed me today and told me. since it's not in english I did what I could and tried to report it. Here is the listing Stort paket med MAC ögonskuggor, Värde över 4000kr på Tradera. Ögon |

Since I cant read what the listing says I dont know if she's also pretending to be me or only using the picture. So beware, heres another bad seller. Anyone who has suggestions or can also report her I can use the help to get her kicked off.

Status
Not open for further replies.