eBay Sellers/Fakers to AVOID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestbehaviour22

By the way I am from Denmark - happy to "meet" you all!

dothewave.gif
Hello!

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestbehaviour22
By the way - I have a bid out on an item from carrie_2309 (MAC COSMETICS IRIDESCENT POWDER/PRESSED SASSED-UP NIB - eBay (item 220364851745 end time Mar-09-09 15:06:00 PDT))
Anyone know about her?? Think it looks pretty okay exept for the cheap price, so I call on the experts?? :)

Price means nothing except in a "Buy it now" transaction. It's cheap now but it's only just been listed and the auction still has almost six days to run. It will almost certainly end higher than it is at the moment.

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mui
Hi!

I was just wondering if you guys have purchased any items from simplyfabulousyou or from v.i.p.cosmetics77?

I'm interested in a few items from each seller and I was just wondering (and hoping) that the items that they are selling are legit and authentic.

Thanks in advance!

I have not bought from them but don't BUY from v.i.p.cosmetics77!!!! Its so overpriced and someone told me some of their products are used as well!
nope.gif

chickatthegym

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitterLids
Is that you, Heidi? Want to give my my money back?
angry.gif

After hours of research, goign to 2 MAc stores locally, I kow 100% these are fake. The colors are off and the jars have telltale signs of fake MAC--real MAc pigment jars are manufactured a certain way and the good fakes now copy 95% of the detail BUT for one. I researched here and spoke to the regional mgr at my local MAC (she wa sin for their Hello kitty event)...and she confirmed it--Now, some MUA's workign there didn't evenr ealize but the manager knew. So I know 100%. I ahve 60+ pigments--I analyzed EACH jar and pulled the ones I suspected as fake--and sure enough, all of them had this oddity in the jar.... it was unacnny--some had shiney lids, some had good looking fonts...but they ALL had the bad jar detail. then other things became evident--the labels are odd--I compared my real Macpro.com-purchased pigments...the labels are consistent--and the Naval Blue and French Violet I got from her are clearly off...once I had the fakes isolated my eyes sharpened and I could see the oddities--they tend to be a little different between pro and reg pigments but consistent between the two buckets. Maybe she believes they are real--if you tell yourself somehting enough times you can believe it. heck, I wanted to believe it--more than anything. But I won't jeopardize my eyes for the same of $100, as painful as wasting that money is.

Did you file a Paypal claim to get your money back? Don't waste your time talking to her... these sellers will swear up and down their stuff is real even when it isn't! I had the same problem with some lip glasses awhile back. Even though my seller was nice about it. It just isn't worth putting the crap on your face! I know how you feel! It really made me stick to MAC counters and CCO's. Sorry you had a bad experience
angry.gif

chickatthegym

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
I am so sorry you had this experience -- I sometimes get LE items from Ebay and it sucks to get these nasty sellers. How did you pay? If you paid via Paypal, you can return the items even if she says no -- just report that the seller sold you "fake" or items which were materially different from what she stated... this reported to Ebay and Paypal (which are the same thing) should bring some action. Since you already left positive feedback, they might deny it, but it might be worth the try. Don't leave feedback until you have received merchandise and have thoroughly checked it
ssad.gif

No, Paypal won't deny your refund. Just open a dispute and fill out the info... wait until they tell you to send it back and then return it to the seller- be sure to get a tracking number so you can enter it in to Paypal. If the sellers agrees right away you will get your money back then, but if they don't respond it can take a little longer.
Good luck!

rockin

Regrettably, I am now outside the time limit for a PayPal claim, but I thought it should be made known that I purchased a 'Pink Bronze' pigment from ebay seller tobobos, which I am now sure is counterfeit. It's a shame, because it's a lovely colour, but I daren't put it on my eyes. Here are some pics so you can see for yourselves: tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2pqpbb9&s=5 tinypic.com/view.php?pic=mrd3d2&s=5 tinypic.com/view.php?pic=sgmiyv&s=5 tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1z2g9ok&s=5 tinypic.com/view.php?pic=15hbrd0&s=5 I don't know if the genuine article is like it or not, but the pigment has formed lots of balls in the top of the jar. The colour is more salmon-like than it appears to be in the photos.

panda0410

Yup, this one's counterfeit
ssad.gif
While Pink Bronze does tend to clump a little, the pic shows the flaw.... I can see also see smudgy print on the base sticker as well!

rockin

I'm having trouble with the links and formatting on my post - doesn't seem to work properly
ssad.gif
Thank you for the confirmation, Panda. The lipsticks I bought at the same time seem to be genuine, thank goodness.

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by inconspicuous
cosmetik-heaven2009

This user is selling fake MAC brushes and Pigments. Also has a ton of Bobbi Brown and other high-end brands for sale.

Weird that you should mention this name as i came across this seller/buyer on www.ioffer.com,she purchased some MAC,BeneFit,Bobbi Brown brushes from chinese seller...doubt if any of these are authentic.
I use BeneFit make up myself,and although i always buy usually in our local store Im alarmed at that these being faked!!But i suppose the counterfeiters fake any brand arghhhh
thmbdn.gif

while we on the subject of fakes add these 2 UK sellers to your list:
jocornwallgirl 54 MAC pigments from wholesale !!!??
!BN-pRQQCGk~$(KGrHgoH-

louisgreeneyes MAC pigments, loads MAC brushes etc !!!
auction says these are shipped direct from her supplier so delivery by EMS may take 2 weeks!!!
Just a little thought before I go, Im very surprised that Tobobos,sold fake Mac pigment ,i have bought Clinique,Lancome etc from her and it was all genuine ...perhaps this is just one off...this seller maybe ,just maybe unaware that this Mac pigment is counterfeit ...

GlitterLids

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickatthegym
Did you file a Paypal claim to get your money back? Don't waste your time talking to her... these sellers will swear up and down their stuff is real even when it isn't! I had the same problem with some lip glasses awhile back. Even though my seller was nice about it. It just isn't worth putting the crap on your face! I know how you feel! It really made me stick to MAC counters and CCO's. Sorry you had a bad experience
angry.gif

Hi--just wanted to update and THANK everyone here--I did get a refund for the fake pigments from that seller. She claims she is "not ordering any more pigments from her supplier [i.e., wholesaler] but will "sell out her inventory." i asked her how she cancontinue to sellf akes and she replied "I have no personal reason to believe they are fake."

the disputes are closed and I have my $120 back. I have also been lucky enough to replace all the fakes with the genuine pigments either from my friend who ordered from macpro.com or the few honest sellers I found who got them at CCOs. All verified 100% Authentic--I posted the good sellers in that thread for others to see.

HUGE thanks again to everyone here--I never would have been able to rid myself of the potentially dangerous fakes and get my hard-earned money back.
yahoo.gif

caffn8me

Thank you for the update and posting on the good sellers list
thmbup.gif

I'm really pleased this all got sorted for you, well done!

eidetica

I've apparently been very lucky- but I buy very little MAC on the 'bay. I'll file a PayPal complaint in a flash! And money theft gets Ebay moving real quick. Also if you used a credit card to pay pal Visa will crack heads. I'm in a pissing match with some ass who sold me new Coty translucent powder and then sent twenty year old garbage. He won't win.

The first place to check for Starflash is MAC website- If it's not in goodbyes (Some is as I write in March 09) then call and ask to speak to the woman who hunts up discontinued colors. They do LE's now.

A great source? I live in a rednecky backwater place with both a MAC store (out of everything) and a Dillards counter with surprising things left! I just replaced all my Cool Heat shadows except Solar White off the rack. There's Fafi and a few other goodies left. Even Fafi make up bags.
If you wouldn't want to visit there, call the Dillards there. I got the last Fashion Mews in the country yesterday and will be grabbing two Starflashes when I get paid.... Things lurk around. The stores will mail things so it's a bigger hunt than Ebay to call around but otherwise safer. I even got all four Solar bits in September by taking an hours road trip to an even further back backwater. But I digress-

And only recent things loiter so long.

But Ebay- Really examine the whole store as well as the listing. Does the assortment make sense? low feedback says here today, new account tomorrow...
And it's not the set but- all LEs are reissued. MACs store managers have assured me.

Lizzy

Geeky problem solver. And writer of sarcastic notes to Ebay fake peddlers. Make 'em foam at the mouth! Fun fun fun!

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeko
http://mac-spree.blogspot.com/2009/0...o-1-march-2009

This blog sells fake mac items!!! GRRRR...........

HAHAHA!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! I hope no poor souls would fall for THOSE UGLY PIECES OF TURD that this MAC Spree calls the MAC. What a disgrace!

2nd class quality. Right. "Bringing stocks from countries like Korea, China, Taiwan..". DODGY.

Oooh! I HAVE AN IDEA!!! People who blogspots can bombard the comments section with "Fake MAC! Beware!". That's pretty much the only way we can warn others about fake MAC. Can we report them to blogspot.com? I think we can...

ps: Singaporean seller.

sweets4

so in the UK elmwych is super sweet, but I bought one eyeshadow from her through ebay, then I bought another 4 on the side, stupid me because they ended up having the indented circl at the bottom of the pan. The colours did seem really close to what they were supposed to be, but the colour payoff wasnt good. She said that she got them from someone else and didnt realise that they were fake and was confused when I tried to explain the whole depotting thing....but anways..although she is nice. beware that the products might not be realy

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitterLids
Hi--just wanted to update and THANK everyone here--I did get a refund for the fake pigments from that seller. She claims she is "not ordering any more pigments from her supplier [i.e., wholesaler] but will "sell out her inventory." i asked her how she cancontinue to sellf akes and she replied "I have no personal reason to believe they are fake."

the disputes are closed and I have my $120 back. I have also been lucky enough to replace all the fakes with the genuine pigments either from my friend who ordered from macpro.com or the few honest sellers I found who got them at CCOs. All verified 100% Authentic--I posted the good sellers in that thread for others to see.

HUGE thanks again to everyone here--I never would have been able to rid myself of the potentially dangerous fakes and get my hard-earned money back.
yahoo.gif

Hi girl...I'm soooo glad you were able to get back everything
th_DANCE.gif

BellaItalia1969

Todays haul of fake MAC on eBay:nexler123
s.gif
:
Item number: 290304272338
MAC PRO LASH MASCARA!!!Doesn't the seller knows that this product does NOT exist
thmbdn.gif

s.gif
makeupgirlz2009 -Item number: 270359524474, plus all fake MAC brushes, Fafi blusher !
lee_min79 -Item number: 180338159552- fake Mac Zoom lash mascaras,users ID private ??Why do you need to keep this auction PRIVATE.. is MASCARA not a sex toy !!!
I asked the above seller for batch code and actual shade name of the above mentioned mascara his reply"Hi thanks for your message.
i don't have to hand at the moment ,however can you tell me why you need to know this?
Many thanks
lee_min79
Oh dear. ..he sold one already £8 wow
thmbdn.gif
pathetic !!!
hatterblue
s.gif
- oh dear fake MAC pigments no :A01,02.03 ???11 MAC PIGMENT EYE SHADOWS NO:A01-02-03-08-09-11-14-21- on eBay, also, Eye Shadow, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 26-Mar-09 18:28:05 GMT)
MAC SELECT foundation :
Item number: 160322732715....made specially for japanese market???
All reported
smiles.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.