eBay Sellers/Fakers to AVOID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeko
http://mac-spree.blogspot.com/2009/0...o-1-march-2009

This blog sells fake mac items!!! GRRRR...........

I wrote this as "missdetective007":

Quote:
They're all FAKE MAC. MAC does NOT do wholesale for onward resale. The suppliers/wholesalers are supplying you with FAKE MAC, that's why they're so cheap. I don't think you want to use poison on your skin or sell anyone poison! You don't know what rubbish/harmful substances that they have used to make the counterfeit MAC make-up.

Just google "fake MAC" or "counterfeit MAC" and you'll know.

The countries where you get your "MAC supplies" from, they are known for making counterfeit MAC.
------------------------------------------------
M·A·C Cosmetics | Product Information

I WANT TO SELL M·A·C PRODUCTS, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
While we appreciate your interest in M·A·C products, please be advised that our products are distributed for sale only at our authorized retail store accounts, the majority of which are located in major department stores or international perfumeries. While there are other points of sale, we are not seeking to expand our distribution network at this time. We do not offer franchises.
------------------------------------------------
You used MAC's stock photo for the Electroflash collection without any references, I would say they're fake as well because you are getting your "MAC" from wholesalers/suppliers who are selling you FAKE MAC PRODUCTS. MAC would NEVER sell or supply their authentic stock to sellers like you because MAC only sells their authentic stock at authorized retail points.

The "MAC" stock after the Anna Sui pencils are all FAKE. MAC has NEVER made any of their products in those packaging! The palettes are also fake as MAC has NEVER made included sponge tip applicators in their palettes and MAC has NEVER designed their palettes like that. The brushes are also fake because MAC does NOT do brush sets like that. The prep and prime, eyeshadow gel and fluidliners are all fake as well because MAC has NEVER made those packaging! Do NOT waste any of your money or breath on counterfeit MAC make up. Not worth it!

If you decide to keep selling ANYWAY, I hope karma will get back at you for selling counterfeit MAC make-up.

make_up_maven

My first post.

Thank you all so much for this thread.

I have over 75 Mac singles and most of them were purchased from MAC directly, however, about 15 were purchased from ebay in the last 60 days.

Five are fake.

I've contacted the sellers directly, one of which has responded already and is willing to refund.

As a FYI, that seller sold me JUXT and boy does it look real. I took it apart to confirm it's fake.

I also purchased fake Stormwatch, Ground Brown, Deep Truth & Corduroy, amongst 4 sellers, all of whom have been named here already.

Thanks again. My ebay days are OVER! LOL

make_up_maven

okay, two of the 4 ebay sellers have refunded my money.

I'll name them once this is settled.

Also, I should say that I purchased several products from cdssig226 & biluan123 and they were definately authentic.
smiles.gif

MelodyAngel

OMG...this seller has several fake MAC items listed...here is just one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MAC-Heatherette-...%3A1|294%3A200

I reported her listings, and then sent her this message:

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]Dear bean7308716,

I'm not sure if you are aware, but all of the MAC items you have listed are not authentic MAC. No MAC compacts EVER come with a brush like that, and also MAC has never even produced a two-sided lip gloss/mascara. You should seriously consider removing these listings.

Regards

I got this response:

[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif]hi, thank you for your concern but i am positive these are mac products. i am a professional cosmetologist and makeup artists. in my industry you must attend classes to be educated on and sample the products. ive sold these on ebay before and never had a complaint, or an issue. i hope everything is ok.. thank you.

shockt.gif
WTH??
[/FONT]

GlitterLids

Quote:
Originally Posted by make_up_maven
I also just dumped 6 "mac" pigments in the garbage. Now I'm getting irritated. LOL

So sorry--I dumped about 15, and was able to return 7 additional fakes recently. Better to not use potentially dangerous stuff on your precious eyes and lose the money--as painful as it is.

It is so disturbing how many fakes are on ebay--and not just the ridiculous ones with the pour spouts and totally odd labels.... I got a whole bunch of "super fakes" that fooled me for a while even tho I had 40+ authentic pigments purchased right from MAC.

Study up here and check out the good ebayer thread. I have found a few very good sellers whose stuff is from CCOs or dept. stoes with the original box and stickers. These gals have no problem taking additional pics for you and stand by their stuff. Alas, it's not cheap--but I rely on them for stuff that is rare or hard to find as I don't have a CCO anywhere near me. Good luck!

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
I wrote this as "missdetective007":

Wooooohoooooooooooooooo
th_DANCE.gif
xqueeze_me,coul dn't have put better myself !Some people really,really need spelling out as to what dubious,untested ingredients can do
thmbdn.gif
shame on them for selling this crap!!

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyAngel
Here's another:

Mac Heatherette Blush x 2 (NIB) - eBay (item 110366051063 end time Mar-23-09 23:14:59 PDT)

thmbdn.gif

Reported.

And this one is unbelievably bad...MAC FAFI eyeshadow Palette 14 Shades!! FREE SHIPPING - eBay (item 280322968398 end time Mar-22-09 16:00:00 PDT)

And look at all the bids it has!!
Reported too.

Melody
winks.gif
oh deary me !Your seller is so seriously deluded ...these palettes are just so shamefully awful
greengrin.gif
the bright shades just made my eyes water.As for her being trained cosmetologist !!I pity anyone who will buy her fake crapola but there's karma !

Reported too
smiles.gif
but i will ASQ her...."who told you that these are authentic "<eg>

UHohohhhhhhh wtf is this ????MAC MASCARA and lipgloss in 1 ???eh...this seller has few eBay ID's!!
15cd_1.JPG

syrene78

A seller of fake MAC eyeshadows on Ebay: Anndanae!
I purchased a few, then noticed that the color was a bit off and the lip of the pots like in the fake e/s comparaison.
I got a full refund and she didn't even ask for the items back.
She said that they are from a new supplier and asked how I knew they were fakes. I provided the Specktra link about the comparaison between authentic and real MAC e/s.
winks.gif

However, she still sells the same items!

Does anyone know about AAT_03.
She sells a lot of different items and I already got a authentic MAC SE brush set from her.
How about her e/s???

speedygirl247

Some of their things look ok, their paints are really cheap. Should that be a flag for paints? Potentially the new fake kid on the block perhaps, meaning paints? I dont think paints have been reported as a worry to date, but they are really cheap, given the ebay (10%)and paypal fees (2%) involved before the net sale price.mmm, I wonder....

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrene78
A seller of fake MAC eyeshadows on Ebay: Anndanae!
I purchased a few, then noticed that the color was a bit off and the lip of the pots like in the fake e/s comparaison.
I got a full refund and she didn't even ask for the items back.
She said that they are from a new supplier and asked how I knew they were fakes. I provided the Specktra link about the comparaison between authentic and real MAC e/s.
winks.gif

However, she still sells the same items!

Does anyone know about AAT_03.
She sells a lot of different items and I already got a authentic MAC SE brush set from her.
How about her e/s???

I have bought a few things from this seller in the past few years, some Tendertones and pigments, etc and nothing was ever fake.

Someone here did report getting a fake from her once, but it was a long time ago and I cant recall what the item was exactly
shrugs.gif

make_up_maven

Here are some fakes that I purchased:

Seller: mlrosati

Juxt E/S:

M.A.C. EYE SHADOW "JUXT" BNIB MAC NO SHIPPING - eBay (item 110345025661 end time Feb-18-09 01:37:47 PST)

She was "surprised" to hear hers were fake, and refunded my money immediately. I've searched this forum and her selling fakes and being notified by Specktra users goes back to 2007. So she's full of bull and likes to call people "hun", which in itself doesn't digust me, only when she's lying through her teeth, then it makes me sick. LOL

Seller: beautyisrelative

Deep Truth E/S:

MAC Frost Eyeshadow, DEEP TRUTH, New & Boxed - eBay (item 160293793353 end time Apr-19-09 17:18:23 PDT)

Stormwatch E/S:

MAC Matte Eyeshadow STORMWATCH (Deep Teal) NIB - eBay (item 160307276491 end time Mar-29-09 18:42:42 PDT)

Note that in spite of being informed these items are counterfeit, they are still for sale on ebay.

"They" (I say they because they sign all of their emails fomr Pam & Dana like you are never talking to one or the other - clever way to avoid responsibility for anything said). Anyway, they were "shocked" to hear this news because nobody ever told them that before. Upon searching this site, they also have a long history if being informed some of their products were counterfeit. Refund was not immediately until I reminded them of the safety issue involved and how badly this could turn out - refund was was within minutes of that last email to them.

I have two more sellers I'm dealing with and will link them here once I get my issues with them resolved.

I felt really stupid and duped at first, now I'm just pissed. I won't buy make up on ebay again. Except from my-boo-kitty - the stuff I've purchased from her was real. It was a wake up call for me tho - with regard to the safety issue.

I don't have any mac pigments that I purchased from Mac directly, all of mine were ebay, so I'm going to assume they are all fakes because I wouldn't know a real one from a fake one, so I threw them away - 6 of them. I'm not a big pigment fan anyway, so no love loss involved.

I'm going to replace my MAC eyeshadows with the real thing and have my cart loaded up with 10 new e/s at Mac's website, just the excuse I need to buy more
yahoo.gif

syrene78

Another seller to absolutely avoid! Mrfixit714! Sells fakes and post pictures of different items that she sends.
She sends the fakes then won't take them back and is very nasty.
Beware!

Vixxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrene78
Another seller to absolutely avoid! Mrfixit714! Sells fakes and post pictures of different items that she sends.
She sends the fakes then won't take them back and is very nasty.
Beware!

I purchased items from her that I haven't paid for yet. What options do I have at this point?

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mui
Hmm, I think I found some fakes.

Coral green pigment: MACs eyeshadow pigment BNIB CORAL GREEN SHIMMER - eBay (item 290304098615 end time Mar-26-09 11:36:47 PDT)
Charcoal grey pigment: MACs eyeshadow pigment BNIB CHARCOAL GREY - eBay (item 290304100831 end time Mar-26-09 11:43:06 PDT)

I messaged the seller what the names of the colors were - but I'm seriously suspecting that the names in the title ARE the names.. which would mean they are absolutely fake.

They're both fakes. The really thick jar bases gave it away... So did the names. Good one, Mui! They both look like the really old fake Golden Olive and Dark Soul with thick jar bases that I have used for comparisons.

Status
Not open for further replies.