eBay Sellers/Fakers to AVOID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
They're both fakes. The really thick jar bases gave it away... So did the names. Good one, Mui! They both look like the really old fake Golden Olive and Dark Soul with thick jar bases that I have used for comparisons.

Yay! ^__^ I managed to help the community.. lol.. even as small as it is.

So now that I've figured out they're fakes - should I let the seller know and then report them?

How DO you report someone on ebay o_o; (I've never had to do this before...)

Also - add jcoley123 to the list of fake sellers D:

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mui
Yay! ^__^ I managed to help the community.. lol.. even as small as it is.

So now that I've figured out they're fakes - should I let the seller know and then report them?

How DO you report someone on ebay o_o; (I've never had to do this before...)

Hiya,I dont know where you are based but on eBay UK,there's a seller who is also a member of the Spectra.net.her ebay ID , is Julie150463,authentic Mac,Bobbi Brown etc,so please don't despair there are some sellers on ebay,who do sell only authentic MAC
smiles.gif

To report an auction,click on "report this item" at the bottom,then the >reason for report >COUNTERFEIT AND BREACH of copyright>Deatiled reason>potential trademark infringment>addtional info>other replica/counterfeit item,>then describe why you think its fake etc.
Hope that info helps
winks.gif

speedygirl247

Vixxan, you may be able to get out of it by filling in a bid retraction form. type in cancel bid on the help pages and it should direct you to the form.

make_up_maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixxan
I purchased items from her that I haven't paid for yet. What options do I have at this point?

Just don't pay - ignore her or tell her you changed your mind. She will likely compain to ebay - so she can get her sellers fees back and they will send you a note telling you that bidding and not paying is a no no - but that is all that will happen. They will not suspend your account or anything weird like that. Plus the seller can't leave you negative feedback anymore so you don't have to worry about that either.

Ebay will only suspend your account for non-payment if it keeps happening, not after one time.

Plus ebay is kissing the ass of buyer's now - they don't want you to leave.

syrene78

Quote:
I purchased items from her that I haven't paid for yet. What options do I have at this point?

Yep, don't pay and don't agree on the cancellation for the auctions that she will send you. That way she won't get her fees back. But too bad for her.
She won't be able to do anything against you. You can also report her as selling fakes and explain why to Ebay you are not paying for these after you heard about her reputation.
She is very rude, so don't bother answering her emails.
She did that to me and was still so nasty. Still never sent a refund for the fakes I got! She managed to have my negative canceled. Ebay is pretty bad at all the ways that you can still cancel a negative. I am very mad at them. They encourage fake to be sold that way!
Good luck!

Mui

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaItalia1969
Hiya,I dont know where you are based but on eBay UK,there's a seller who is also a member of the Spectra.net.her ebay ID , is Julie150463,authentic Mac,Bobbi Brown etc,so please don't despair there are some sellers on ebay,who do sell only authentic MAC
smiles.gif

To report an auction,click on "report this item" at the bottom,then the >reason for report >COUNTERFEIT AND BREACH of copyright>Deatiled reason>potential trademark infringment>addtional info>other replica/counterfeit item,>then describe why you think its fake etc.
Hope that info helps
winks.gif

Haha, I'm based in Canada and yeah I've definately heard about the many authentic MAC sellers - Horray!

I sent the seller the following message:

Dear jcoley123,

Hi!
I am not sure if you are aware, but your MAC pigments are not authentic (real). The pigments you have put in your listings have the typical characteristics of them being fake - such as having a thick jar base.
You should seriously consider removing these listings because they may contain harmful ingredients that may potentially hurt your buyers.
If you purchase them from a supplier, I would recommend you to let them know and to avoid buying from them again.
Thanks.

.. I wonder what she/he will say? o.o

splattergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrene78
Yep, don't pay and don't agree on the cancellation for the auctions that she will send you. That way she won't get her fees back. But too bad for her.
She won't be able to do anything against you. You can also report her as selling fakes and explain why to Ebay you are not paying for these after you heard about her reputation.
She is very rude, so don't bother answering her emails.
She did that to me and was still so nasty. Still never sent a refund for the fakes I got! She managed to have my negative canceled. Ebay is pretty bad at all the ways that you can still cancel a negative. I am very mad at them. They encourage fake to be sold that way!
Good luck!

Quote:

everything I bought from this seller was alright until now, could you please link those fake things for everyone to see and give their opinions? thanks

1165Cheryl

Quote:

Don't worry about Ebay doing anything against you, once you tell them why you didnt pay you'll be fine. That happened to me once and after telling ebay why I didnt pay they started an investigation & the seller was kicked off. Too bad they don't do that all of the time when fakes are reported......

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
OH EM GEE!!! I HAVE STUMBLED ACROSS THE FAKE MAC MOTHERSHIP FROM CHINA!!!

buy mac , buy mac♥ from China

Damn those fakers!!! Look at all those sh!tty fake MAC palettes, eyeshadows, "lipglasses", brushes, pigments, etc. :|

Xqueeze_me
winks.gif
these fakers seem to be springing up everywhere look at this "We are MAC Makeup Factory ,we wholesale brush,blush,eyeshadow,lipgloss,lipglass,lipstick,n ailpolish,
mascara,eyeliner,eyelashed,loose power foudation ,lipquid foundation,pressed foudation,ferfumes etc
please contact us back if u want wholesale,very thankyou

Is this sort of thing actually legal????

http://detail.en.china.cn/provide/de...079680870.html

The fake non existent Heatherette mascara looked really fakey as for this Mac mascara ...huh wth is it??He /she calls themselves macsky..more like counterfeiters paradise
th_devil.gif

This mascara looks a bit like my sons Early Learning centre,fibre pen!!
I dread to think what noxious ingredients this contains
thmbdn.gif

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Xqueeze_me
winks.gif
these fakers seem to be springing up everywhere look at this "We are MAC Makeup Factory ,we wholesale brush,blush,eyeshadow,lipgloss,lipglass,lipstick,n ailpolish,
mascara,eyeliner,eyelashed,loose power foudation ,lipquid foundation,pressed foudation,ferfumes etc
please contact us back if u want wholesale,very thankyou

Is this sort of thing actually legal????

http://detail.en.china.cn/provide/de...079680870.html

The fake non existent Heatherette mascara looked really fakey as for this Mac mascara ...huh wth is it??He /she calls themselves macsky..more like counterfeiters paradise
th_devil.gif

This mascara looks a bit like my sons Early Learning centre,fibre pen!!
I dread to think what noxious ingredients this contains
thmbdn.gif

I saw this the other day and couldnt beleive it. I then did a search on different MAC items and saw a whole bunch of these sites pop up. You'd think there would be something we could do, it's a dang shame cause people will buy this s_ _ _ How many other Cosmetics lines is this happening too?

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1165Cheryl
I saw this the other day and couldnt beleive it. I then did a search on different MAC items and saw a whole bunch of these sites pop up. You'd think there would be something we could do, it's a dang shame cause people will buy this s_ _ _ How many other Cosmetics lines is this happening too?

Cheryl
smiles.gif
this is what i thought as well...some naive,ignorant people who are only interested in making a quick buck,will buy this crap!

Im fed up with these replies from sellers of fakes "my supplier assures me that these are genuine MAC products!!..Well he ain't going to admit that he sold you counterfeits for crying out loud ..the stupidity of some people is simply astounding
thmbdn.gif

I always reply that MAC does not do wholesale for onward sale !!!!In any country
winks.gif
grrrr

pity that eBay,does not insist on some sort of scheme that if people were to sell Mac ,they would have to fax or email photocopies of proof of authenticity,and where these items came from ..before being allowed to list these
graucho.gif

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Cheryl
smiles.gif
this is what i thought as well...some naive,ignorant people who are only interested in making a quick buck,will buy this crap!

Im fed up with these replies from sellers of fakes "my supplier assures me that these are genuine MAC products!!..Well he ain't going to admit that he sold you counterfeits for crying out loud ..the stupidity of some people is simply astounding
thmbdn.gif

I always reply that MAC does not do wholesale for onward sale !!!!In any country
winks.gif
grrrr

pity that eBay,does not insist on some sort of scheme that if people were to sell Mac ,they would have to fax or email photocopies of proof of authenticity,and where these items came from ..before being allowed to list these
graucho.gif

I always tell the fakes sellers that too, once they see I know what I'm talking about they shut up or tell me where they really got the item. It's the websites off of ebay that really gets to me, these guys own the site, there isnt a way to get them "kicked off" like Ebay. Selling cosmetics on their own website domain would be easier for MAC to get rid of them though legally. MAC doesnt like anyone re-selling their products but seeing a domain selling/advertising their products, supplying fakes, ect you'd think would really get them upset along with it being against the law. As I'm writing this I'm wondering why MAC doesnt do anything about the larger domains.

In the past few months I've noticed around 50% of the fake sellers I've reported on Ebay have been removed. Some come back and sell on another name....all we can do is report them. Thankfully we dont have to be bidding or win a item to report them, just provide information that shows their products are not authentic.

syrene78

Quote:
Another seller to absolutely avoid! Mrfixit714! Sells fakes and post pictures of different items that she sends.
She sends the fakes then won't take them back and is very nasty.
Beware!

I got 3 fake e/s from this seller about 5 months ago and kept reporting her since that.
The fakes that I got were nothing like the item pictured and that I bidded on.
Be careful: often sellers won't post the real pictures!
I knew they were fakes for sure when I depotted them: rings under the pan.
Not just different color than the original.
And I can't stand when the seller denies the truth.
I will take pictures when I get my camera repaired.
Do what you want though and purchase at your own risk. This is Ebay I guess.
I have a few favorite sellers though that I trust 100%:
amistosa, mybookitty and a few other ones. Excellent customer service and items.

GlitterLids

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
I have bought a few things from this seller in the past few years, some Tendertones and pigments, etc and nothing was ever fake.

Someone here did report getting a fake from her once, but it was a long time ago and I cant recall what the item was exactly
shrugs.gif

AAT_03 works for MAC in Canada--and buys thing at the company store. I have bought a number of items from her and they are all authentic, including the pigments. there is a first time for anything, I guess, but so far, this seller is the real deal.

MissResha

Quote:
Originally Posted by make_up_maven
Here are some fakes that I purchased:

Seller: mlrosati

i've never purchased any makeup from this person, but i have bought some Lancome Bi-facil makeup remover from her, and they're real lol, she shipped it extremely fast too. so maybe she's just selling fake cosmetics, i dunno. but thanks for the warning!

Vixxan

It took me a little over a month to research the eye shadows I wanted for my 10 palettes. Some of the colors were discontinued so I knew I had to find an alternate source to purchase these from and course I chose Ebay. I have only purchased 5 eye shadows from Ebay and I thought they were all authentic that's until I read this post about 10 minuetes ago: http://www.specktra.net/forum/f257/eyeshadow-packaging-comparison-authentic-vs-counterfeit-pic-heavy-april-2008-a-95627/
None of them are authenthic. I thought I had did everything possible to determine if they were authenthic Mac eyeshadows before leaving feedback for the sellers. Too bad that I didn't read that post prior to leaving feedback because all of them are fake.

This is where I get off. Nothing is worth this kind of stress nothing. I would be better off painting my face with cream cheese and Kool aid than to be this damn stressed out.

If ever there is a Mac store near me I will glady purchase Mac until then I'll just stick with the kool aide and cream cheese.

macluvermre

Quote:
A seller of fake MAC eyeshadows on Ebay: Anndanae!
I purchased a few, then noticed that the color was a bit off and the lip of the pots like in the fake e/s comparaison.
I got a full refund and she didn't even ask for the items back.
She said that they are from a new supplier and asked how I knew they were fakes. I provided the Specktra link about the comparaison between authentic and real MAC e/s.
winks.gif

However, she still sells the same items!

Does anyone know about AAT_03.
She sells a lot of different items and I already got a authentic MAC SE brush set from her.
How about her e/s???

I have bought alot of e/s and lipglass and maybe even a pigment or 2 from aat-03 and it has all been legit. Never a problem with s/he and super fast shipping too. My 2 cents
tong.gif

splattergirl

Quote:
I got 3 fake e/s from this seller about 5 months ago and kept reporting her since that.
The fakes that I got were nothing like the item pictured and that I bidded on.
Be careful: often sellers won't post the real pictures!
I knew they were fakes for sure when I depotted them: rings under the pan.
Not just different color than the original.
And I can't stand when the seller denies the truth.
I will take pictures when I get my camera repaired.
Do what you want though and purchase at your own risk. This is Ebay I guess.
I have a few favorite sellers though that I trust 100%:
amistosa, mybookitty and a few other ones. Excellent customer service and items.

great, please do take photos when you can. what about her glosses and those screwtop shadows? I bought few screwtops, the packaging seems same like I saw somewhere on specktra for these, different than ordinary shadows which you can buy today. I didn't buy any ordinary shadows I think so I don't know about them. does anyone fake mac glosses anyway??

BTW: why did you leave Anndanae positive FB is she sells fakes, I mean, why do you leave positive without checking items first? shouldn't you write a comment warning people she sold fakes although you got a refund so others don't have to pass through it as well?

darklocke

I'm really sorry if I ask something that has already been answered, it's a long thread, and I've tried to read it all throughly.

I know what one should buy directly from MAC, and MAC only, but when you live in a country with only one MAC-store, and even that is out of reach - then the only solution might be to buy online, and when MAC doesn't ship outside of the US.. well, then I turn to eBay.

So, I'm wondering if anyone know anything about these sellers:
- v_darkbloom (seller is on the
thmbup.gif
-list)
- v.i.p.cosmetics77 (might be overpriced, but are the e/s real or fake?)
- eyes.of.an.artist (seller has been selling a lot of refills)
- lisaw631
- closetmustgo (or ACW - Authentic Wholesale Discount MAC and Other Cosmetics)

I've bought quite a lot from these sellers, and I've depotted all my pots. The pots from v.i.p.cosmetics77 hasn't arrived yet, but I'll depot them as soon as I've got them. All of the pans where smooth underneath, and all of the boxes seem genuine enough.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.