eBay Sellers/Fakers to AVOID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mui

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklocke
I'm really sorry if I ask something that has already been answered, it's a long thread, and I've tried to read it all throughly.

I know what one should buy directly from MAC, and MAC only, but when you live in a country with only one MAC-store, and even that is out of reach - then the only solution might be to buy online, and when MAC doesn't ship outside of the US.. well, then I turn to eBay.

So, I'm wondering if anyone know anything about these sellers:
- v_darkbloom (seller is on the
thmbup.gif
-list)
- v.i.p.cosmetics77 (might be overpriced, but are the e/s real or fake?)
- eyes.of.an.artist (seller has been selling a lot of refills)
- lisaw631
- closetmustgo (or ACW - Authentic Wholesale Discount MAC and Other Cosmetics)

I've bought quite a lot from these sellers, and I've depotted all my pots. The pots from v.i.p.cosmetics77 hasn't arrived yet, but I'll depot them as soon as I've got them. All of the pans where smooth underneath, and all of the boxes seem genuine enough.

Thanks!

I've bought a pigment from v.i.p.cosmetics77 and it was authentic. So I believe his items are authentic.

Jinni

Quote:
I know what one should buy directly from MAC, and MAC only, but when you live in a country with only one MAC-store, and even that is out of reach - then the only solution might be to buy online, and when MAC doesn't ship outside of the US.. well, then I turn to eBay.

Since you're in Europe I can highly recommend eBay UK Shop - Cocktail Cosmetics: Cosmetics, Make Up

It's run by julie150463 who is also a member here. She also has an online store now: Cocktail Cosmetics, for MAC, Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Too Faced, Estee

Her customer service is awesome, and she's super helpful. She's the only ebayer I buy MAC from.

make_up_maven

Quote:
I'm really sorry if I ask something that has already been answered, it's a long thread, and I've tried to read it all throughly.

thmbup.gif
-list)
- lisaw631

I've bought quite a lot from these sellers, and I've depotted all my pots. The pots from v.i.p.cosmetics77 hasn't arrived yet, but I'll depot them as soon as I've got them. All of the pans where smooth underneath, and all of the boxes seem genuine enough.

Thanks!

I have purchase authentic prodcts from lisaw631 - she's also really nice! And v.i.p cosmetics77.

Mui

Quote:
Originally Posted by make_up_maven
Do you think this is counterfeit?

New in Box! MAC Pigment Full Size - Cornflower - eBay (item 150205703536 end time Apr-07-09 15:56:08 PDT)

If you click on the picture in the middle of the page, you can get a really good hi-res picture of it.

I think its a fake because it has the scratchy box surface, and also the lid of the pigment jar is superrrrrrr shiny and the top of the lid looks rather flat. Not to mention, the M.A.C logo in the front of the box, the letter A, is not crisp at all. Also the bottom of the pigment jar looks sort of thick (Im not too sure about this part.. I'm still fine-tuning my skills on trying to really spot those).

But that's just my 2 cents - you should wait for the more input from experienced members on specktra though.

panda0410

You cant really tell much from this except 1) the box is scratched which isnt a good sign, and 2) this jar has obviously leaked...

Not sure about you but I wouldnt pay retail price for a pigment thats leaked when I can get it pristine from the store...

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
You cant really tell much from this except 1) the box is scratched which isnt a good sign, and 2) this jar has obviously leaked...

3) The shiny lid.
smiles.gif

make_up_maven

Well, she says she's an "expert" and says the MUA's at MAC are NOT experts.

Says that the packaging differences are because MAC packages items differently depending on what region the item is going to... or something like that.

th_dunno.gif

She says her items are NOT counterfeit.

Mui

Quote:

Says that the packaging differences are because MAC packages items differently depending on what region the item is going to... or something like that.

th_dunno.gif

You know - that's sort of like asking a murderer if he or she's murdered someone o.o

And I don't think that MAC would package items depending on its ending location because if that's the case - MAc would have a really hard time with its consistency. The world's pretty darn big so how many "different versions depending on regions" will there be?

Xqueeze_me

Quote:

th_dunno.gif

She would say anything to defend herself and sell her rubbish fakes. THAT is the kind of hard-headed, always-in-denial, criminal I dislike.

That's BS she said how "MAC packages items different depending on what region the item is going to". Correct me if I'm wrong but MAC would manufacture ALL their items and achieve consistency (maybe 99%) no matter where they send their items to as they want the collections to look the same? Yes, MAC does make changes to ,for example, layouts especially the information behind the pigment jar. It can be centered or left-aligned.

Seriously, if she's an expert, then why is she selling fake MAC? How delusional.

1165Cheryl

Quote:

thmbup.gif
-list)
- lisaw631

Thanks!

HI,

From the names you listed the only ones I would buy from is V.I.P. & lisa631. I've bought from both in the past, it's been awhile but had good service and authentic products. I personally wouldnt buy from the others....There are some good U.S. & U.K Ebayers that we can recommend. We also need to update the good seller list and the ones to watch out for. There are also sellers not on ebay, some here that have many MAC authentic items depending what you are looking for. I know a handful of good ebayers might be leaving depending on some tax procedures Ebay/Paypal might make sellers file.

TISH1124

Quote:

th_dunno.gif

Of course SHE would say that....no way any counterfeiter will admit to it ....and the ones who truly know are the ones who get the maddest and stand by the lie to the end.

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinni
Since you're in Europe I can highly recommend eBay UK Shop - Cocktail Cosmetics: Cosmetics, Make Up

It's run by julie150463 who is also a member here. She also has an online store now: Cocktail Cosmetics, for MAC, Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Too Faced, Estee

Her customer service is awesome, and she's super helpful. She's the only ebayer I buy MAC from.

Hiya Jinni
smiles.gif

Very true,i had a problem relating to the purchase of fake Mac zoom lash mascara!!Julie was very helpful she recommended this website to me ...wooohoooo
yahoo.gif
Like ive said before there ARE some sellers on EBAY ,who sell only GENUINE MAC !
mac_haul.gif
Amen to that

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaItalia1969
Hiya Jinni
smiles.gif

Very true,i had a problem relating to the purchase of fake Mac zoom lash mascara!!Julie was very helpful she recommended this website to me ...wooohoooo
yahoo.gif
Like ive said before there ARE some sellers on EBAY ,who sell only GENUINE MAC !
mac_haul.gif
Amen to that

If you're in the UK dont forget charleyandemily on ebay and her store Love Make Up
greengrin.gif

darklocke: depotting is NO longer the answer so if you depot and find smooth pans dont automatically assume its real.

mrfixit714

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrene78
I got 3 fake e/s from this seller about 5 months ago and kept reporting her since that.
The fakes that I got were nothing like the item pictured and that I bidded on.
Be careful: often sellers won't post the real pictures!
I knew they were fakes for sure when I depotted them: rings under the pan.
Not just different color than the original.
And I can't stand when the seller denies the truth.
I will take pictures when I get my camera repaired.
Do what you want though and purchase at your own risk. This is Ebay I guess.
I have a few favorite sellers though that I trust 100%:
amistosa, mybookitty and a few other ones. Excellent customer service and items.

thmbdn.gif
First I would like to say that she purchased 7-9 shadows from me.
(1st lie). This was in the beginning of March 09, not 5 months ago, so how has she been reporting me for this long??? (2nd lie). You left me positive feedback on all items items and then came back to my store three weeks later and started bidding again on several other shadows to purchase and resell in your own ebay store under JBERGER11. So why talk so negative about ebay and still keep your store??
You were outbid and upset. I the recv'd your insane email that 3 out of 7
e/s were fake from the previous transaction. So tell me...how does e/s go
from authentic to fake in a matter of minutes. Please visit MRFIXIT714 and read other feedback. You will see syrene78 is a hopless lier!! Oh, don't forget to to read great fb the positive feedback she left me. (jberger11)
Joanne
smiles.gif

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
I wrote this as "missdetective007":

She deleted MY comment yet she continues to sell those rubbish fakes. I have copied and pasted the same comment I wrote the first time.
greengrin.gif

syrene78

Quote:
Originally Posted by splattergirl
great, please do take photos when you can. what about her glosses and those screwtop shadows? I bought few screwtops, the packaging seems same like I saw somewhere on specktra for these, different than ordinary shadows which you can buy today. I didn't buy any ordinary shadows I think so I don't know about them. does anyone fake mac glosses anyway??

BTW: why did you leave Anndanae positive FB is she sells fakes, I mean, why do you leave positive without checking items first? shouldn't you write a comment warning people she sold fakes although you got a refund so others don't have to pass through it as well?

I will post pictures when I have a minute and my camera.
All the eyeshadows that I got are with pan with rings and lip part dented, not like genuine MAC. Same as on the pictures posted at the begining of the thread. I'd recommend you to look at these urgently.
I am not sure about the items that I didn't purchase such as glosses and screw tops e/s. But if she sells any fakes and denies it, then better not buy anything at all from this seller.
I believe that you are mistaking me for someone else that mrfixit414 is having problems with. I NEVER left postive feedback for Annadae or mrfixit414 for that reason...
Where do you get that from???
Don't believe evrything that that sellers says! I guess that this seller is having issues with more than 1 buyer! Not surprised at all.
th_DANCE.gif

darklocke

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
darklocke: depotting is NO longer the answer so if you depot and find smooth pans dont automatically assume its real.

No, I read something about that. I just compared all my pots, pans and boxes to the pictures that Xqueeze_me posted in the thread about spotting counterfeits, and I'm 99.8% sure now that my e/s are in fact authentic. I'll keep myself updated on how to spot the differences for future reference.
smiles.gif
Thanks!

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit714
thmbdn.gif
First I would like to say that she purchased 7-9 shadows from me.
(1st lie). This was in the beginning of March 09, not 5 months ago, so how has she been reporting me for this long??? (2nd lie). You left me positive feedback on all items items and then came back to my store three weeks later and started bidding again on several other shadows to purchase and resell in your own ebay store under JBERGER11. So why talk so negative about ebay and still keep your store??
You were outbid and upset. I the recv'd your insane email that 3 out of 7
e/s were fake from the previous transaction. So tell me...how does e/s go
from authentic to fake in a matter of minutes. Please visit MRFIXIT714 and read other feedback. You will see syrene78 is a hopless lier!! Oh, don't forget to to read great fb the positive feedback she left me. (jberger11)
Joanne
smiles.gif

I imagine syrene78 prob left the positive before she actually depotted them, then came back to amend the feedback after she saw the indented pans. Syrene78 has pretty much perfect feedback on 3 separate sites, excluding the few from ebay and is a well know swapper and seller with loads of experience. I am sure you can appreciate that she knows a fake from a real one.

Joanne perhaps you could depot a couple of your own ebay listings - if they have the rings then they are definitely counterfeit, and you cant know until you depot the shadow, nobody can
smiles.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.