Fake MAC from StrawberryNet?

stingray

Do we now think it's as good as certain that the pans with ridged circles on the bottom are fake shadows? I seem to have most of my ebay shadows with these circles on them, so if they're fake I'd like to try to tell the sellers and get refunds. One of the sellers is CharlyandEmily and I notice today that she's only got one shadow left for sale, so maybe she's no longer going to sell them?

julie150463

Stingray
I sent a couple of the ridge pan eyeshadows to the MAC Quality Assurance testing lab a few days ago - waiting to here for a definitive answer. They took 3 days to email me no idea how long this will take.

stingray

Thanks! I hope they don't take too long to come back to you, I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to know
smiles.gif

Kana

i bought deep purple and emerald green pigment van strawberrynet to compaire them to my fakes from closetmustgo. i was hoping that these would be real, but ofcourse they are not!!
they are the same as the ones from closetmustgo, and again fake!

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kana
i bought deep purple and emerald green pigment van strawberrynet to compaire them to my fakes from closetmustgo. i was hoping that these would be real, but ofcourse they are not!!
they are the same as the ones from closetmustgo, and again fake!

ah, you're not having much luck! try cheryl here in the sales thread - she only sells authentic mac pigment samples, and she knows them ALL off the back of her hand - shes had them all
winks.gif
You wont get fakes from her!

Kana

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
ah, you're not having much luck! try cheryl here in the sales thread - she only sells authentic mac pigment samples, and she knows them ALL off the back of her hand - shes had them all
winks.gif
You wont get fakes from her!

thmbdn.gif
I Know!! terrible isnt it!
i really believed that strawberrynet would not sell fakes......
i will get some here at specktra.
do you girls know this site:

thebodyneeds mac pigment samples lip balm

what do you think??
fakes or not?

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kana
thmbdn.gif
I Know!! terrible isnt it!
i really believed that strawberrynet would not sell fakes......
i will get some here at specktra.
do you girls know this site:

thebodyneeds mac pigment samples lip balm

what do you think??
fakes or not?

I think that there is a risk that SOME of them could be, but I dont think they all would be. The problem with buying from stock pics is that you dont know what you are getting from one jar to the next, unless they can provide receipts from a MAC store then I would be worried. Its entirely possible they they are authentic, but I would be cautious just the same.

wolfsong

You can also get 100% authentic samples from here:
http://www.halocaustic.co.uk/

(click the 'hair' link on the left and scroll down on the next page)

Halocaustic is a member on here that has been very helpful with all this 'very good fakes' business (along with Panda, Xqueeze_Me and Cheryl), so you can guarantee that one isnt going to slip past the net, so to speak
smiles.gif

I cant personally recommend anyone else but her and Cheryl though (at least for samples), as you never know.

julie150463

I had a couple of pencils from them today and was surprised to see the package came from Hong Kong. Enough said perhaps?

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheresmytea
Well that's where they are based, didn't you guys know that?
th_dunno.gif

Its the connotation of the location thats funny
winks.gif

SpringDancer

After realizing my MAC products from SN are probably fake I've contacted them, with explanations and photos of the products.
10 minutes later, the following (probably written beforehand) answer was recieved:

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your e-mail.
As you may be aware, we source our products from suppliers around the world. As such we are able to obtain items from several markets around the world.
Some companies who sell items in several different markets sometimes make small changes to their products in order to better suit that particular market. Therefore an item of a particular brand may vary slightly from country to country. For example a product sold in Japan may differ slightly in colour or formulation to the same item sold in the USA.
The changes are normally very small and will not greatly affect the performance of any particular product, so the product can still be used by those people more used to the item as it appears in their local market.
We hope this answers you queries and if there is anything further you require, please feel free to contact us again.

Your Sincerely,
Rosalinda
Customer Services
Perfume, Skincare, Makeup & Cosmetics from Strawberrynet

Your thoughts?

rockin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringDancer
Your thoughts?

Standard fob-off email, by the looks of things.