Fake Pigments Closetmustgo

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi.
i tried to show her the difference but she said she cannot view links :S

That's major BS!!!! :/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the comparison, iamadreamer!!!!
winks.gif

Geebus, if one doesn't know anything about MAC pigments, they would have thought the fakes are the real deal.

BUT at closer inspection, there ARE a few differences!!! My hands are itching to see the updated fakes physically rather than just pictures.

BeautyPsycho

btw. I'm so nervous now... because I just won two pigments, one of them is Chartreuse...
Here's the pic that was in description, does it look suspicious?
ssad.gif

0b48_1.JPG

iamadreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyPsycho
Dreamer, post the seller's name so we know to avoid him or her. Thanks.

I purchased the fake chartreuse from djc-cosmetics
thmbdn.gif
thmbdn.gif

I thought they just had bad pictures, but nope... just fake pigments!

That was before I found this site too!
smiles.gif

BeautyPsycho

Omg I'm so sad/mad right now... But I was excited to get them because auction was going to end in a couple of minutes...
angry.gif

Should I send a msg saying I'm suspicious (because it's not shipped yet... maybe I can do something)

wolfsong

I would tell the seller that you have been informed that they are very likely counterfeit, and that you want to cancel your bid. I would also mention that if she gives you a negative/neutral feedback or makes it difficult for you then you will go through the correct channels (ie reporting it to ebay through a method they actually listen to - i can provide a link if needed - so that they cancel the bid for you).

Counterfeit sellers will always blame the customer in these circumstances (and rarely admit they are selling fakes - though some are stupid enough to brag!)

Sushi.

Quote:
Uh-oh.. did you try telling her that her items are fake? I'm SURE that there are a ton of people with real Green/Brown out there that would be happy to show her the real color..You can show her my pics if you like..

Ive now used your pic to show her (thank you for it!)
and explained to her that she just has to copy and paste the links to view them, now she will be able to see the extreme difference in color (comparing these two is seriously shocking, there is no way they are the same) ill let you ladies know what she replies with

Sushi.

BeautyPsycho comparing to the photos of the authentic that is definitly a fake sorry to say. If i were you i would email the seller ASAP!! email her too, not just message her (the seller i messaged through ebay claimed ebay was having problems with messages lately or something, she could be lying but just to be on the safe side) you can find their email by seeing your paypal transaction email. Tell her you have just been informed that the pigments are fake and you would like to be refunded your payment, in hopes that the items have not been shipped yet. If they have been, no problem you can just ship them back. but get a tracking (as i have been advised to as well) because you need to have the evidence that she has gotten then back. Try to be polite but dont allow him/her to manipulate you, so generally be confident in what your saying but not rude. (unless they get rude with you)

and then if worst comes to worst you can file a dispute against them through paypal.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyPsycho
Maybe she's reading this...

if she is then she can join the conversation, and answer some questions while she's here.....

wolfsong

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
if she is then she can join the conversation, and answer some questions while she's here.....

I would love this to happen, plus i would at least have some respect for them for having the balls to do it
tong.gif

Alas counterfeit and coward seem to go hand in hand...

redambition

the pics of the fake chartreuse next to the real one... wow.

i checked all of my piggies and they all have silver labels so i am at a loss on the clear label situation.