Fyrinnae?? (formerly Bombshell Bath)

user79

Re: Fyrinnae Eye Mineral Powders!

I think they are...ok. They don't have the same pay-off as pressed MAC shadows, imo, but the colours are quite unique. Some go on very sheer while others have more pigmentation.

sigwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I think they are...ok. They don't have the same pay-off as pressed MAC shadows, imo

Nothing does!!
smiles.gif
Out of everything I've ever had, the MAC shadows beat everything. Everything else is just playing and collecting stuff or experimenting.

I've just really fallen for a couple of the nude type shades here, especially "Earthen." I also love how their website shows you the swatch of dry & wet application on each one. I also like being able to order samples in some nice little jars, but the full-size price is not bad, either.

capellanadea

I received a sample of Heart of Gold, matte pink with gold sparkles. It's a very pretty color and goes on veryyy smooth but I felt like I had to put a lot for it to show the true color on my lids as it is in the jar.

"Goes on like butter" - true!

GalleyGirl

I just ordered some samples the other day, and I can't wait to try them! I just love the names, they are so creative and appeal to the geek in me. I got samples of: Dragon Tears, Elven Dagger, Arcane Faerie Glamour, Kung Pao, and Horus perfume oil. And they are so inexpensive compared to MAC! I mean there probably is less product, but thats fine, because I'll never come close to using a full size MAC pigment.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalleyGirl
I just ordered some samples the other day, and I can't wait to try them! I just love the names, they are so creative and appeal to the geek in me. I got samples of: Dragon Tears, Elven Dagger, Arcane Faerie Glamour, Kung Pao, and Horus perfume oil. And they are so inexpensive compared to MAC! I mean there probably is less product, but thats fine, because I'll never come close to using a full size MAC pigment.

I don't think they are really comparable to MAC pigments anyway, the MAC pigs. have much more colour pay-off than Fyrinnae and go on smoother.

sigwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I don't think they are really comparable to MAC pigments anyway, the MAC pigs. have much more colour pay-off than Fyrinnae and go on smoother.

I would sure hope so for that kind of a price difference.
smiles.gif
Of course the MAC pigs are bigger jars. I've gotten a bunch of these here recently & my favorites are Taurus, Nebula and Peach Buns, which are all very similar to the Naked pigment shade that I like, the first 2 being darker tho, but still that kind of nude color with the slight sparkle, not frost. Peach Buns used dry is pretty right-on for Naked pigment, at least with me.

The thing I like about this, besides the cost, and it seems to be worth what you're paying for sure, I like the huge variety of shades you can get, and being able to get the samples in jars.

Once I get the ones I want here & at Aromaleigh, tho, I'll be bored again! I guess I started wandering when I got bored with all the repeats in MAC of the turquoises and purples and pinks. There's really only so much you can do, tho, I guess.

Brianne333

Fyrinnae is one of my favorite places to get eyeshadow at! I think they have fantastic colors, and I like the fact that they have such a range between more neutral/everyday wear friendly colors and the wilder, more exotic ones.

I own probably 25 of their shadows and I like them just as much as any other shadow I've tried. I also love using them wet as a liner. My only caution would be that sometimes their swatches are a bit "off". I've found that it's best to make a choice by looking at both the swatch and the description to get an idea of what you're getting.

I also like their mineral foundation but I do not like their lip gloss. I got some for my sister in law and the texture was just all wrong to me. Their eyeshadows make up for it too and the price is great.
clap.gif

Showgirl

Their lipgloss is horrible. DON'T buy it.

Their mineral foundation is quite nice and comes in an astonishing range of colours. Paler folks seem particularly well catered for.

Their eyeshadows vary hugely from "wowser" to blergh, I've got maybe about 20 different colours.... on the "highly recommended" list are:-

- Digital Faerie - stunning metallic turquoise with green flash
- Necromantic - soft black with teal sparkles, looks great with DF or Mermen
- Pixie Lust - cheerful pale green with baby blue sparkles
- Mermen - rich ocean green with blue sparkles
- Oberon - dark shimmery purple
- Iris - medium purple shot with green shimmer

On the "don't bother" list IMHO are

- red hot (chalk-tastic and went ORANGE on me!)
- peppermint stick (the batch I got was sickly pale, not at all like the colour on the site, and a horrible texture)

Moral of the story I guess is buy samples before you go full-size.

My top recommendation from Fyrinnae is the perfume oils, though. I just got back from a weekend of hard-core clubbing in a series of dank, dingy caverns packed with people, even in such cramped and sweaty conditions I kept being complimented non-stop about how gorgeous I smelled after dabbing Cherry Ice Cream smile on all my pulse-points... the stuff lasts and lasts.... I've had about ten samples of their oils, and have purchased Cherry Ice Cream smile in full size. The other Fyrinnae oils I thought were particularly nice were:-

Chinese Dance
Mango Lemon
Crackling Fire
All Hallow's Eve

Fyrinnae are lovely people and throw in free stuff pretty frequently.

HTH, Sho

i just went to their site. so many pretty colors! i totally want to order some samples. it's important to note though, their eye colors are "mineral based" but not really "mineral makeup" like their foundations, finishing powder and concealers because their eye colors will contain non-mineral ingredients. (see their about us page)

entipy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showgirl
My top recommendation from Fyrinnae is the perfume oils, though. I just got back from a weekend of hard-core clubbing in a series of dank, dingy caverns packed with people, even in such cramped and sweaty conditions I kept being complimented non-stop about how gorgeous I smelled after dabbing Cherry Ice Cream smile on all my pulse-points... the stuff lasts and lasts.... I've had about ten samples of their oils, and have purchased Cherry Ice Cream smile in full size. The other Fyrinnae oils I thought were particularly nice were:-

Chinese Dance
Mango Lemon
Crackling Fire
All Hallow's Eve

I've yet to find a perfume or cologne which sticks on me longer than about an hour. Do you think theirs might? I didn't know they had scents! OMG! I really don't need to spend more money right now, but... ehhhhh....

I like very light and floral type scents. Anything along those lines you could recommend?

entipy

Re: I tried out Fyrinnae mineral foundation.. (pics included).

I know this is an older thread, but I just found it, and I have to say WOW!! That looks amazing!!

aeryss

*sighs* the eye-colors look so amazing on the website - but i have a lots of truble with the dark shades. they fade away so much while blending and the color itself gets somewhat .. hm .. dirty and blunt..
i realy like to get some samples of the lighter colors, to find a difference (i heard about) ..

Conner

well, i like the darker shades more than the lighter ones.
the lighter shades are not that beautiful on my lids as the were in the jars. maybe i ordered the wrong colours...

but the darker shades are great, imho. easy to blend and to apply and very beautiful.

eighmii

I just got like 10 samples I ordered.. So far all I've used is Predatory e/s and Omgwtf e/s.

I LOVE them.. Theyre really good for the price. And really easy to blend. And come in really nice colors..

LaurelMoon

Re: I tried out Fyrinnae mineral foundation.. (pics included).

That shade looks gorgeous on you! You simply glow!

kuuipo1207

Anybody used Fyrinnae before?

hmm.gif
Especially their pigments? I've heard about them and looked over the site. They offer TONS of colors but I wanted to know if anyone has used them and what their "staying power" is? I'd be glad to hear any comments or color recommendations and if any of their other products are decent.

cheerleader.gif
TIA!
th_wiggle2.gif

Showgirl

Re: Anybody used Fyrinnae before?

The quality of their stuff is very varied, I would definitely recommend taking advantage of their sample service before buying a full size of anything.

As for their products, I don't like their lipstuff at all and I would recommend avoiding it, but their mineral foundation's quite nice (great range of colours), some of the eye pigments I tried were lovely (though some were awful), what I liked best was their perfume oils though, their selection is fab, they last really well, and their "Cherry Ice Cream Smile" has become my signature scent I love it so much... it always gets comments, too....

fyrinnae eye colours I'd give the thumbs up to:
-------------------------------------
Digital Faerie - amazingly gorgeous
Mermen
Necromantic - looks brilliant with either of the colours above
Pixie Lust
Oberon
Iris - pretty slightly sheer duochrome purple/green
Day Glo Fantasy - an uber-hot pink that I understand they've reformulated, renamed and re-released recently... if you see the world's hottest pink, almost like a neon marker, semi-matte, this is the one and I recommend it

eye colours that were just kinda OK
-----------------------------------
Dragon's Wing - super-sheer and not that useful
Bastet
Fyre and Ice - this and Bastet seemed to smudge really easily and not as sparkly on the lid as in the pot

eye colours I actively disliked
-----------------------------
Arcadia (just looked like a bruise on)
Peppermint Stick (disgusting sickly chalky pink, not like the swatch on the site at all)
Red Hot (kinda ikky orange undernotes, didn't last AT ALL well)

HTH

sigwing

I have a whole bunch of their shades of eyeshadows and really like them, altho with 1 or 2, I'm thinking a matte taupe shade in particular, it went on sort of funny in my crease. I always use a base, too, and in fact bought their base which works great but the applicator (roll-on) leaves something to be desired.

If I get energetic, I might do some swatches. Are there any shades you are interested in like nudes, blues, purples, etc? I have mostly natural type colors, but that would include some blue-toned, etc.

I highly recommend them, tho, and the samples are awesome, in little jars and not the stupid plastic packet type, very reasonable prices.

kuuipo1207

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigwing
I have a whole bunch of their shades of eyeshadows and really like them, altho with 1 or 2, I'm thinking a matte taupe shade in particular, it went on sort of funny in my crease. I always use a base, too, and in fact bought their base which works great but the applicator (roll-on) leaves something to be desired.

If I get energetic, I might do some swatches. Are there any shades you are interested in like nudes, blues, purples, etc? I have mostly natural type colors, but that would include some blue-toned, etc.

I highly recommend them, tho, and the samples are awesome, in little jars and not the stupid plastic packet type, very reasonable prices.

I'd love to see the color one that you have if you get the chance (non-neutral/natural tones) TIA!! =D