Fyrinnae?? (formerly Bombshell Bath)

sigwing

Re: Anybody used Fyrinnae before?

I'll get to them over the weekend sometime...I've got a full day tomorrow, but I'll get them!
smiles.gif

kuuipo1207

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigwing
I'll get to them over the weekend sometime...I've got a full day tomorrow, but I'll get them!
smiles.gif

Cool beans...no need to rush...just whenever you get the chance.
thmbup.gif

starangel2383

yeah i was curious about this cosmetic line after looking at someone's fotd and i went to the site and i love some of the colors but they look so sheer based on the swatches i saw. i also loved the price for these eyeshadows. does it cost anything to get a sample of the products?

eighmii

Samples are like $1.25.. I think..

For being so cheap I think theyre good. I'm always looking for good colors. They have a pig that looks exactly like Clear Sky Blue..

Theyre not fabulous.. But theyre a good value for the money..

The colors are really good.. But they just dont stay on me well.. even with a base. Or three.

sigwing

Where the hell.....

A couple days ago there was a topic with someone wanting to know about their colors and i offered to swatch some that I have, I took my time to do it yesterday and upload a pic and the topic is gone. Is it because someone felt there were too many Fyrrinae topics and started deleting? I really didn't have time to do this, and now it appears it was for nothing unless I find it's been moved to "swatch requests." I can't keep up with all the moving & deleting that happens at these boards, I guess.

sigwing

nope, it's apparently gone. I mean, out of all the topics in this message board, is it really necessary to go nuts with deleting? There's so many duplicate MAC topics, that might be another area to find things to do. I did a search of Fyrrinae & it only came up with a few topics on this stuff. I won't waste my time trying to help in the future I guess. I just read the thing yesterday before I took a bunch of pictures after doing all the swatching. oh well.

For some reason, the word "Fyrinnae" is in red in my previous post.

user79

^ Hmmm well I'm not sure, I didn't delete anything here and as far as I know the other mods didn't either...

lsperry

The topic Kuuipo1207 started “Anybody used Fyrinnae before” is within this thread. Scroll up a few posts and you will see it.

She posted:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuuipo1207
hmm.gif
Especially their pigments? I've heard about them and looked over the site. They offer TONS of colors but I wanted to know if anyone has used them and what their "staying power" is? I'd be glad to hear any comments or color recommendations and if any of their other products are decent.

cheerleader.gif
TIA!
th_wiggle2.gif

And you replied:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigwing
I have a whole bunch of their shades of eyeshadows and really like them, altho with 1 or 2, I'm thinking a matte taupe shade in particular, it went on sort of funny in my crease. I always use a base, too, and in fact bought their base which works great but the applicator (roll-on) leaves something to be desired.

If I get energetic, I might do some swatches. Are there any shades you are interested in like nudes, blues, purples, etc? I have mostly natural type colors, but that would include some blue-toned, etc.

I highly recommend them, tho, and the samples are awesome, in little jars and not the stupid plastic packet type, very reasonable prices.

So the thread was not deleted; it was added to this one.

Can you still post the swatches, please? The site does not have swatches of all of their shadows and you may have some of the ones I’ve wanted to see.

BTW, kuuipo1207, I’m NW45 and have ordered several of their pigments – some are better than others; some are more pigmented than others. But I still think MAC is a better quality product.

sigwing

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!
I somehow slid right by where it was within this topic...strange! Maybe my browser needed a kick in the pants.

Looking at this pic I have, tho, now that you want to see it, I might mention that it really does NOT do this stuff justice. BUT...the dry application, maybe over paint or something, is the way to go. It seems to go to mud when damp, or I'm just not doing it right. But sparkles disappear! The Loch Ness has beautiful turquoise or blue sparkles that do not show up in the pic, just as most of these others have nice sparkles to them. You might also check out the "City Lights" stuff because it's basically just jars of the sparkles without a color base & you can do anything with them...they're really nice. All their stuff is worth at least getting the samples & trying them out! And I haven't tried anything but the shadows & e/s base. The shade selection is awesome, price is great, the jars are full to the brim, no shaker that takes up space in the container. I LOVE my neutrals like Earthen, Taurus, and Nebula which reminds me of MAC Naked pigment.
I also have some browns and white/vanilla colors and a few others, but I picked these to swatch. They send me a sample with an order, which is really nice & the samples are a good size & in a jar. They also have swatches on their site for each color, both wet & dry application, but as I say, you need to see them in person with a dry application to appreciate them.

Sorry for the quality of this....I just can't get anything to come out like the pros at this website, no matter which camera I use! I just don't know how you all do it so well!!!

FyrrinaeSwatches.jpg

Since this is the best pic I could get, I'll add some descriptions.
Rapunzel is a pinky peachy with sparkles...very lively & beautiful!
Kimchi is a definite peach with sparkles.
Gwenhwyvar is sparkly greyish violet.
Bubble Tea is a violet toned pink with sparkles.
Lochness is the dusty dark sea green with turquoise/blue sparkles.
Disorganization, kind of a khaki green neutral with sparkles...unique & really great!
Evening Fog, medium dk grey/blue with sparkles.
Black Plum, just what it sounds like, not heavy with sparkles but some.
Karasu, bluish black with sparkle.
Freyr, med-dk pink violet, not heavy with sparkle.

sigwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsperry
Can you still post the swatches, please? The site does not have swatches of all of their shadows and you may have some of the ones I’ve wanted to see.

I actually don't think I'd ever ordered anything without a swatch. I've also noticed they have a few different categories & I haven't gotten into a couple of them too much or found anything I "needed."

Amiepots

H'ok amies swatch time!

Dry: (Flash then No Flash)

flash.jpg

noflash.jpg

Wet: (Flash then No Flash)
flashwet.jpg

noflashwet.jpg

From Left to Right - Pyro, Slaugh, Kuroneko, Pearl Sage, Japan, Elven Dagger, Dragons Wing, OMGWTF, Fire Opal, Neo Universe, West End

And some on, West End and Neo Universe (plus mac vanilla pig on brow bones)
fry.jpg

fry4.jpg

fry3.jpg

(A bit sloppy I know but I was so excited to try these on haha)

kuuipo1207

Oh wow!! Thank you so much Sigwig and Amiepots for taking the time to do these! I think I'll order some samples in a couple of weeks!! =D

sigwing

Wow...Amie's got the bright stuff! I love it on your eye! Those are great colors.

And it's always going to look better when you get it "in person", so you gotta get some samples! I've been tempted by a few of those, and I have Sluagh & Fire Opal.

I've ordered from them before and if I remember correctly, they took about 10 days to get it too me. Their colors are beautiful, give them a chance.

deathcabber

I have really become a Fyrinnae addict lately!!! Here are swatches of all the colors I own by them:

yellowgoldFry.jpg

whitegrayFyr.jpg

tealFyr.jpg

redFyr.jpg

purpleFyr.jpg

pinkFyr1.jpg

peachFyr.jpg

LtpinkFyr.jpg

LtgreenFyrcopy.jpg

greenFyr.jpg

blueFyr.jpg

brownFyr.jpg

Sorry that the last one really sucks, it really doesnt do those colors justice!

Daligani

deathcabber =
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif

Seriously, you are my hero right about now. Thank you sooooooooo much for doing all of those swatches!! You have a ton of colors that I wanted to see better swatches of.
You friggin rock
punk_.gif

I have a quick question for you. Did you do these swatches over a base?
I have around 25 Fyrinnae samples and they all seem to apply differently. Some work better over a shadestick, some are better over paints, but the majority of them seem to apply beautifully over UDPP. I was just wondering what your experience was with the colors you own. Specifically, Saki and Sashimi.. I'm in love with that swatch on you.

deathcabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daligani
deathcabber =
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif

Seriously, you are my hero right about now. Thank you sooooooooo much for doing all of those swatches!! You have a ton of colors that I wanted to see better swatches of.
You friggin rock
punk_.gif

I have a quick question for you. Did you do these swatches over a base?
I have around 25 Fyrinnae samples and they all seem to apply differently. Some work better over a shadestick, some are better over paints, but the majority of them seem to apply beautifully over UDPP. I was just wondering what your experience was with the colors you own. Specifically, Saki and Sashimi.. I'm in love with that swatch on you.

No prob!!!! They are just on my hand, no base at all
smiles.gif
I do however always use UD PP on the eye. My experience is the same...these are very trial and error. I really love them all, but you have to spend time to get them to apply the way you want. Sake and Sashimi is gorgeous IRL...the green shimmer is amazing. I am still trying to find the best way to make it show up on the eye.

Please share your tips with me...like which are best over a S/S because I dont own any and I might need to get some!!!

Daligani

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcabber
No prob!!!! They are just on my hand, no base at all
smiles.gif
I do however always use UD PP on the eye. My experience is the same...these are very trial and error. I really love them all, but you have to spend time to get them to apply the way you want. Sake and Sashimi is gorgeous IRL...the green shimmer is amazing. I am still trying to find the best way to make it show up on the eye.

Please share your tips with me...like which are best over a S/S because I dont own any and I might need to get some!!!

You know, I can't remember off the top of my head which ones apply better over what..
hmm.gif
I don't think I have enough
NeedCoffee.gif
in me lol

I do know that, the ones that don't seem to "stick" very well, those are the ones that are best applied over a shadestick.. or even a regular ol' concealer stick can work. The only shadestick I own is Beige-ing. The paint that I have is Untitled.. the one color that I can think off for sure that works great over the paint is Professional Colors- Macabre. It's definately one of my favorites.

The one tip that I can give that will almost definately make a difference is.. When applying your fyrinnae colors over a shadestick (or whatever 'sticky' type base you're using), you neeeeever want to swipe your colors. Always use a tapping/pressing type of motion. My absolute favorite brush for this is a Sonia Kashuk brush 09..

100_2543.jpg

The bristles are looking a little splayed here, but it's because I need to clean it haha. Now, I don't own it, but from what I can tell online, I'm thinking that the MAC 242 would be the equivalent to it.

If I have a chance this week, I will swatch the colors that I have over the 3 bases I own.. the shadestick, paint, and UDPP. That way, you can see the difference in how they all apply
greengrin.gif