Fyrinnae?? (formerly Bombshell Bath)

deathcabber

Great!!! Thanks for the info
smiles.gif
I will post any helpful hints as they come to me! I think I own a brush similar to that but I will have to check. I also found that the patting does work better. My last thing is how make the really powdery colors stay on and have the shimmer show up. Ive been meaning to get Beigeing for a while, now I will def. get it!

deathcabber

So, I took your advice and went to get a Shadestick last night, but the SA talked me into a paint pot in Bare Study instead....Im test driving it today and so far so great!!! The colors are vibrant and blended smoothly...but then again these were nice to begin with so we will have to see over the next week
smiles.gif

MACHOMULA

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcabber
So, I took your advice and went to get a Shadestick last night, but the SA talked me into a paint pot in Bare Study instead....Im test driving it today and so far so great!!! The colors are vibrant and blended smoothly...but then again these were nice to begin with so we will have to see over the next week
smiles.gif

I like shadesticks better-they seem a little "wetter" and tend to grab real fine powders better.

kblakes

I use a super cheap smudger brush from studio tools that I bought at target. It has really short, dense bristles and it works great. I just tap it on over my udpp and paint and I am good to go.

moonsugar7

wow! those swatches are amazing, I have about a dozen of fyrinnae's shadows, but only a couple of those swatched. I have had a terrible time getting them to blend, it seems when I blend the color completely disappears leaving a slight muddy color left. I don't have this problem with Mac or other pressed shadows...I may have to try some of the ones listed to see if I have better luck with blending.

I do have their mineral foundation in Citrine Superpower and it is awesome, as well as a couple of their blushes which are also really good.

darkbeauty27

Sadly the perfume oils are now discontinued! I got some right after they made the announcement but am looking for other etailers who make similar fragrances. Any recs? The Fyrinnae oils were just so 'real' and nice, with no synthetic smell like some other etailers.
ssad.gif

lethaldesign

I've seen some beautiful FOTDs with some of the Fyrinnae shadows & its made me decide to purchase some. For those of you who use Fyrinnae, please post your favourites!! I am overwhelmed by the amount of shades on the site... also, has anyone tried the City Glam colours? Glitter/sparkle? I'm interested in getting one, but unsure how the payoff is or if the staying powder is good over other e/s?

TIA!

jilliandanica

I was interested in buying their Rice Powder Primer. It received great reviews on MUA but I just wanted to know if any of you Fyrinnae fans have tried it. TIA!

Shadoodoo

I've just gone on a sample rampage through this site! I think I've ordered about 30 e/s samples and a full-sized rice primer powder, as I've heard fabulous reviews about that. And yet...I'm now tempted by their color-changing inks liquid e/l. As they're more expensive and as they aren't available in samples, I can't quite afford to go crazy with these. So... Has anyone here tried any of the inks liquids? Color-changing or not, I'd like to know about the the applicator, whether or not the liner flakes or the color fades, etc. Thanks!

user79

Eh, I ordered like 5 of those shadows, I never use them anymore. They don't really stick to my eyelid even when using a base, they just kind of get smeared around and then fall off.

jilliandanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadoodoo
I've just gone on a sample rampage through this site! I think I've ordered about 30 e/s samples and a full-sized rice primer powder, as I've heard fabulous reviews about that.

I'm interested in the rice primer powder too...please lemme know how you like it! TIA!

darling

I just ordered $44 worth of shadow samples from them because I'd heard fantastic reviews from friends.. I'm splurging because I just got paid =X Hope it's not all wasted as I see both positive & negative comments about it here

Shadoodoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilliandanica
I'm interested in the rice primer powder too...please lemme know how you like it! TIA!

I got the rice powder in and I love it so far! It's a great primer and helps to control my oilies quite nicely. Definitely a must buy.

In any case, I went ahead and splurged for those color-changing inks liquids. The color change is extremely subtle--I was a bit disappointed. As to the liners themselves, though, they're wonderful. They dry quickly and stay put. And even though the color-changing aspect was a let down, the colors themselves are quite beautiful. I'm definitely going to buy more of Fyrinnae's liners in the future!

As for the shadows, I haven't really tried them out quite yet. Well, not with a base, anyway. They don't quite last as long as I'd like on my lids. But after I try them out with UDPP, I'll let you know how I feel about them!

iheartangE

Random question-is Daemonic loose shadow discontinued? I can't find it on the website and I absolutely MUST have it-haha!

wolfsong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadoodoo
I got the rice powder in and I love it so far! It's a great primer and helps to control my oilies quite nicely. Definitely a must buy.

In any case, I went ahead and splurged for those color-changing inks liquids. The color change is extremely subtle--I was a bit disappointed. As to the liners themselves, though, they're wonderful. They dry quickly and stay put. And even though the color-changing aspect was a let down, the colors themselves are quite beautiful. I'm definitely going to buy more of Fyrinnae's liners in the future!

As for the shadows, I haven't really tried them out quite yet. Well, not with a base, anyway. They don't quite last as long as I'd like on my lids. But after I try them out with UDPP, I'll let you know how I feel about them!

I dont know if you have read this review posted on the Fyrinnae website, but it may be relevant to you:

About Lover's Quarrel:
In terms of staying power, this is a great liner! However, the color changes are pretty much non-existent. If anything it goes on a purpl-brown shade and that\'s it, so if you\'re looking for the kind of dramatic contrast shown on the swatch, you won\'t get it.

(developer\'s note: this changes from burgundy to bronze to green when you move it closer and further from light sources. When wearing it you can\'t see much change, unless you hold a mirror and look while walking through differrent rooms/outdoors.)

HTH

uh_oh_disco

Fyrinnae are a staple supplier of my eyeshadows and finishing powders. Some e/s have chalky textures (the rare few) but most are really smooth and silky, a pleasure to apply. I don't know what I'd do without them! Those asking about bases, I use UDPP and they stick as well/ as long as any of the mac pigments I own.

A few swatches, the light is currently non-existant in my house, so sorry about the quality!

fyrswatches2.jpg

I really like Starfish from Fyrinnae-it's a really subtle shimmer It's too bad that they have such a long turnaround time right now or I'd make an order.

athena123

Unfortunately for me, I can't wear any of their eyeshadows - too much shimmer and sparkle, not suitable for everyday office wear. At least I only spent $$ on samples instead of full size. I love the philosophy behind this company; too bad they can't come up with pressed mineral non-sparkly kind of eyeshadows.

user68

Quote:
Originally Posted by athena123
Unfortunately for me, I can't wear any of their eyeshadows - too much shimmer and sparkle, not suitable for everyday office wear. At least I only spent $$ on samples instead of full size. I love the philosophy behind this company; too bad they can't come up with pressed mineral non-sparkly kind of eyeshadows.

They do have a section of low-shimmer and matte shadows here. Not a huge selection but some beautiful shades anyway. And you can always get the powder modifier if you prefer your shadows in pressed format.

I'm not a huge fan of their eyeshadows myself but on some days they work. I mostly go there for mineral foundation
yahoo.gif