Fyrinnae?? (formerly Bombshell Bath)

dollypink

i made an order last weekend, got an email on 29th april saying it had been shipped but nothing has arrived yet - we'll just have to wait and see!

Cerydwen

Hi everyone,

I purchased a load of samples, including mineral foundations and eye colours. The foundations were lovely (although I think I actually prefer Everyday Minerals), and the eye colors are fantastic! I'd love to order more colours, as their range is so unusual, but I have a slight problem, which I hope somebody can advise me on: no matter how carefully I apply the eye colours, I'm getting extreme fallout over the rest of my face! I've tried applying with one hand (using MAC 252, 194 and 212 brushes), while holding a tissue beneath my eyes with the other hand - this helped a little but didn't totally solve the problem. I've also tried applying the colours wet, but I don't always want such an intense result and, even then, a blob dropped onto my face and ruined my makeup! It's also taking me absolutely ages to complete my makeup because I'm having to be so careful - today I had to give up and resort to my old pressed eye colours because I was running late, which was very disappointing. Any tips would be very gratefully received.

Thanks,

Cerydwen

deathcabber

First, what type of e/s base are you using? Sorry if I missed that! Many people use UD Primer Potion or MAC Paints which both help against fallout. I also find tha Paint Pots work ok, but Shadesticks do not work as well (too sticky almost). Also many people use synthetic brushes shaped like MAC 249. Also, dont buff these on...pat. Not only will they blend better but they will stick better. If none of this helps I will try to think of some other suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerydwen
Hi everyone,

I purchased a load of samples, including mineral foundations and eye colours. The foundations were lovely (although I think I actually prefer Everyday Minerals), and the eye colors are fantastic! I'd love to order more colours, as their range is so unusual, but I have a slight problem, which I hope somebody can advise me on: no matter how carefully I apply the eye colours, I'm getting extreme fallout over the rest of my face! I've tried applying with one hand (using MAC 252, 194 and 212 brushes), while holding a tissue beneath my eyes with the other hand - this helped a little but didn't totally solve the problem. I've also tried applying the colours wet, but I don't always want such an intense result and, even then, a blob dropped onto my face and ruined my makeup! It's also taking me absolutely ages to complete my makeup because I'm having to be so careful - today I had to give up and resort to my old pressed eye colours because I was running late, which was very disappointing. Any tips would be very gratefully received.

Thanks,

Cerydwen

Cerydwen

Thanks for your advice - I'm currently using Fyrinnae's rice powder primer to prevent creasing, but maybe some of the products you mention will help the pigments to adhere more successfully - I'll also try the brush you recommend and pat the colours on. If I still have problems I'll let you know!

Thanks again for your help.

Best regards,

Cerydwen

concertina

I placed an order with them on 5/21 and read the 2-17 day processing thing. I wasn't in any rush, so no biggie. Then I got an email on the 23rd; my items were being shipped! Woo-Hoo!

So far, I'm loving them! Serious pigmentation and pretty easy to apply as well. Not much fall out (with Loreal Decrease primer) either.

-moonflower-

My second order came today. It didn't take long this time at all, around 2 weeks before it was dispatched and a week for delivery.
Colours are fantastic! I got 28 samples, and a full size Digital Faerie.
Aztec Gold is amazing, def one of my favourites
greengrin.gif

Glassdoll

I want to make an order soon, but i can't figure out which shades to try in their foundation. Could anyone help me? I'm NW25 in SFF. I'm thinking of trying the superpower foundation. Any recs pls?

CherryLex

I have really fallen in love with the rice powder primer as well in addition to the amazing shades they offer for eyeshadows. They have recently added lip lusters too which I'll probably be ordering in another day or two, they have a small but versatile looking selection and offer sample sizes.

FYI on the issue of fallout: I usually put a heavy amount of powder down under my eyes & then after applying my makeup sweep it all off with a fan brush. Then I apply foundation etc... I know other ppl use this method too and it's definitely what's worked out best for me when working with loose shadows & pigments.

uh_oh_disco

Bizarre, I rarely/ never get fallout with Fyrinnae no matter what base I use. If you want some extra "grab" try a relatively dry cream eyeshadow and use it with a light hand as a base.

Almost black.

I've ordered some stuff from Fyrinnae for the 1st time a month ago, and must admit that I got them really fast. It took them 10 days to ship it, and another 7 days to arrive.

I've ordered rice powder primer which I see is obviously some fine product
th_DANCE.gif
and I've tried it a bit and must admit it really is great!

About eyeshadows: I ordered about 15 samples and must say that the colours are stunning!
drools.gif
yahoo.gif
They look really perfect!
I'm definitely ordering some more!
thmbup.gif

The only thing I DON'T like about Fyrinnae is that their CS is not that good. Yes, they let you know if your order has been shipped but that's very much about it. Anything else you ask them by e-mail - they simply don't answer your e-mail and that is what I really don't aprove about trem.
thmbdn.gif

thelove4tequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost black.
The only thing I DON'T like about Fyrinnae is that their CS is not that good. Yes, they let you know if your order has been shipped but that's very much about it. Anything else you ask them by e-mail - they simply don't answer your e-mail and that is what I really don't aprove about trem.
thmbdn.gif

Honestly I find most online mineral sites to have craptacular CS. EDM didn't bother replying to me when I emailed saying they didn't give me a foundation sample that I paid for. Whatevs.

thelove4tequila

Is anyone else TOTALLY turned off about their processing time? I mean right now its 18-22 BUSINESS days for them to even look at your order. I really want to try some samples because they look gorgeous but anything over a few days to process your order is totally ridiculous and not professional IMO.

Almost black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelove4tequila
Is anyone else TOTALLY turned off about their processing time? I mean right now its 18-22 BUSINESS days for them to even look at your order. I really want to try some samples because they look gorgeous but anything over a few days to process your order is totally ridiculous and not professional IMO.

I am. It really makes me mad actually.
angry.gif

I mean, WHY it takes them a whole month to go through your order? They should hire someone else to work for them, more people probably would make it better. Like this -
thmbdn.gif

But, I'll order something on the beggining of november so I'll get them a month later hopefully.
ssad.gif

CherryLex

Honestly I don't mind waiting to get a good quality, low price product from an on-line company. If they hire someone they're going to have to flip that cost over to me and I like their prices as they are. And really, in the grand scheme of life waiting a few weeks to get some eyeshadow really doesn't get my panties in that much of a bunch... I have plenty of others to use while I wait
th_dunno.gif

Just my 2 cents.

jenizzle

I agree with Cherrylex, I don't mind waiting! Plus free international shipping is great
smiles.gif

Could any of you recommend a product by them that won't make my skin/foundation look super flaky, esp. around my nose?

Fataliya

Fyrinnae rocks!! I agree with a PP when I say that I'd rather have a long processing time and cheaper prices, than fast shipping and higher prices.

To anyone curious, order the samples, they are generous and they last a long time. Mine lasted me about 6 months.

I use UDPP, and then Chapstick on just my lid, and the staying power is phenomenal.

I also recommend the Arcane Magic shadows. To die for!!