If you had a choice which USA city would you like to live in?

deathcabber

Laguna Beach, CA (before the dumb show made it popular, which was when I went there)
San Diego, CA
Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire

Glitziegal

I do have a fondness for Las Vegas. But would love the opportunity to visit other places in the US. Especially Virginia, and New York.

deathcabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHannah
This is going to sound wierd but Fayettville Georgia. I lived there 1st through 4th grade and I still consider it my home. The only bad thing about that place is it is soo humid. But I love it there becouse everyone is so unbelievably nice. It's like everybody is family. I still go back there every summer to visit my best friend.

OMG how funny and sweet! It is so humid here isnt it. My bf lives in Fayetteville, so I make it down there a lot.

tracie

Austin or Dallas, TX..maybe Chicago. Chicago is the only midwest city that I really like..

AlliSwan

Am I the only one who goes to Vegas and thinks, "damn, it's fun to visit but I could NEVER live here?" Tourists are so OBNOXIOUS and just in their own world! I couldn't handle being surrounded by them all the time....on that note, though, I would LOVE to live in NYC--NY accomodates for the loads of people it has. Whenever I was in big cities like Chicago or San Fran, I felt claustrophobic (esp. SF--WHOA never again), but NY just felt like home.

user3

I would not live in a "city". I'd move to the country. Gainsville or Flowery Branch GA to exact.

deathcabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap2it
I would not live in a "city". I'd move to the country. Gainsville or Flowery Branch GA to exact.

OMG yall are crackin me up with all of these cities in GA. There are some cute ass little towns here tho
smiles.gif
Did you use to live here?

joytheobscure

Well, I think I'd go back to Gallup New Mexico area or Farmington- but I do not want to live in Albuquerque its sooo crowded in towns on weekends... I actually really like Flagstaff AZ - Hmmm... I'd say LA but I couldn't handle the crowds or earthquakes . Southern Oklahoma is OK - but I adore New Mexico - Its a shame My Husband couldnt' handle living out west.

jess98765

Ohhh i've never been to USA but NYC sounds so cool!! i'd love to go there one day. Vegas sound very appealing too.... one day i'll travel the world.... until that day comes, i'll just keep dreaming!!!
smiles.gif

HappyHannah

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcabber
OMG how funny and sweet! It is so humid here isnt it. My bf lives in Fayetteville, so I make it down there a lot.

It is soo humid when your not used to it. I remeber last summer I walked out of the airport and all of a sudden my skin felt all grimy. Then I adjusted to it in a few days but then when I came back to Oregon my skin and hair freaked out becouse of all the moisture in the air. *sigh* I realy miss my friends there.
ssad.gif

deathcabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHannah
It is soo humid when your not used to it. I remeber last summer I walked out of the airport and all of a sudden my skin felt all grimy. Then I adjusted to it in a few days but then when I came back to Oregon my skin and hair freaked out becouse of all the moisture in the air. *sigh* I realy miss my friends there.
ssad.gif

BTW, bf= best friend not boyfriend! Haha. Anyways, yes we love to spot people at the airport that arent from here. You can always tell because they get a disgusted look as they walk off the plane. Im sowwy you miss you friends tho. You should definetly come back and visit now that we have the aquarium opening!

AlliSwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap2it

Ahhhh I'm from Gainesville--born, raised, and still here--one of the few! Voted #1 place to live, like, ten years ago...I love love love it, but I really think I NEED to live in NYC, at least for a couple of years. How I'm going to do that with my boyfriend (who moved to Gville to go to UF and fell in love with the town) and our two 60-lb dogs (I would NEVER have a big dog in the city), I'm not sure....also not sure I'd want to raise a kid there.

jokers_kick

STOP WISHING YOU LIVED IN VEGAS...

its really really really not what it seems...its a nice place to visit but its HELL to live here.

115 degree summers
freezing winters
expensive housing
annoying tourists
BAD traffic
and everywhere you go smells like smoke.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokers_kick
STOP WISHING YOU LIVED IN VEGAS...

its really really really not what it seems...its a nice place to visit but its HELL to live here.

115 degree summers
freezing winters
expensive housing
annoying tourists
BAD traffic
and everywhere you go smells like smoke.

Oh god don't say that. That's where I'm moving in a couple of months. I can believe the summer, the tourists, the housing (I've had a hard time finding a place) but how cold are the wimters? I have lived in Chicago most of my life and the winters here are CRAZY. When that wind hits and causes your bones to chill and your eyes won't stop watering and your lashes freeze together you have truly experinced a hellish winter.

caffn8me

Winter in Vegas isn't anywhere near as bad as Chicago - you can compare facts and figures (including temperature, humidity and snowfall) below;
Vegas is not only warmer than Chicago in the winter but it hardly gets any snowfall.

Spam.n.Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiifugaziii
SEATTLE!!! i've wanted to live there for years.

Yes I love Seattle!!! I don't think I could live anywhere else....well SF would be my other choice though.