If you had a choice which USA city would you like to live in?

Beauty Mark

I would select NYC or Philadelphia... really, any major city on the Northeastern/Mid-Atlantic part of the US. Why? Because that sections houses NYC, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington DC, and a lot of other places for little trips.

I would say Chicago or San Francisco, but I'd want to have other metropolitan areas close by.

amoona

Damn I'm surprised sooo many people picked San Francisco haha. Didn't know we were so popular.

So if I had to pick another city ... hmmm ... well if I wanted to stay in the Bay Area I'd move to Atherton or Black Hawk.

If I wanted to leave it would be a Newport Beach, CA or Miami, FL. I hear Boston and Chicago are gorgeous but I don't do snow. ;-)

Willa

I would also say NYC.

If I had money to buy a great place, I would defenatly go there.
I love big cities.

Can't wait to go back.
I wish I had friends over there
ssad.gif

Anybody???
wavey.gif
lollll

lemurian

I've already lived in SF, so I'd say NYC if I weren't a parent... But since I am, I'll say Portland, OR. It's kid-friendly and Earth-friendly, close to the ocean but not far from snow
smiles.gif
Pretty decent shopping and no tax!

medusalox

New Orleans.

I try to take a vacation there a few times a year. They say that 'once New Orleans has your heart, she never lets it go" and it is so, so true.

However, I'm about to graduate with a degree in Criminal Justice, and I don't think I want to be a cop THERE, per se. Maybe in one of the towns nearby, but New Orleans is a bit too rough when it comes to that line of duty
smiles.gif

But I have no doubt that I'll be living in Louisiana within the next few years. I'm about 70 miles north of Chicago, right now.

M.A.C*Attack

Well for me if it was soo over populated now, I would move back home to where i was born and raised ..... San Jose california!!
clap.gif

but since thats in possible im staying here in Tucson ,Az
My sister just moved back here to az from NYC and said after 3 yrs over there shed only go back to visit and never consider moving back there ...and Las Vegas is a no no my best friend just moved there and says if she didnt have her good job there shed move back in a heart beat soo i guess ill stay here and be happy about it...
lmao.gif
plus im in the middle so it give me a reason to go back ome and visit and also to go to vegas and see my best friend and party with her
smiles.gif

GalleyGirl

I want to live in Alaska, in a medium sized town...I just think it would be neat to live so close to so much untainted wilderness.

KAIA

NEW YORK CITY!!!!!!!!!! since i came to the US i always wanted to live there... i remember the first time i went there the first thing i said was.. "now i can rest in peace" seriously i'm in love with that place i've visited new york city around 6 times and everytime i go i feel so alive i even have a NY ROXY TOTE and i use it even though i live in DE LOL! but is just so expensive there i know a couple of people that moved from ny to DE because they couldn't save any money there...but we'll see if things are doing alright and i have enough money i swear i would move to new york city.
I'm coming from a big city like Lima where there's always something to do, the noise, A CITY! completely different as DE i feel isolated here...

eastsidesunset

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona
I hear Boston and Chicago are gorgeous but I don't do snow. ;-)

Chicago is not that pretty. No trees, no stars, just steel and concrete. But Christmas time (when it bothers to snow) on Michigan Ave at night is glorious! It has it's moments, but mostly it just smells funny. And is very dirty. I can attest to it, as I've lived here my entire life. It's only redeeming quality- amazing shopping and architecture like you wouldn't even believe. Drawbacks- 9% tax on MAC (well, and everything else too)! Sad thing is, I'm a midwestern Chicago girl through and through. The thought of living somewhere else frightens me, haha. I need the dirt and noise and gross a@$ black snow, or else it's not home! And- if I went anywhere else, people would make fun of me for my accent! I say melk!

I'm moving to Taos, NM.

little teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelstar
i want to live in NYC
smiles.gif

i've also often thought about living in hawaii.... but i've never been there and i dont really think its all palm trees and beaches.... or am i wrong?
smiles.gif

no hun your not wrong.. hawaii is not all palm trees and beaches.. outside of that it totally sux and full of ice heads i live there when my husband was in the navy, dont get me wrong its a great place to visit for a short amount of time but i was soooooo ready to leave and come back to the mainland..

i think i would like to live in
miami

medusalox

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastsidesunset
Chicago is not that pretty. No trees, no stars, just steel and concrete. But Christmas time (when it bothers to snow) on Michigan Ave at night is glorious! It has it's moments, but mostly it just smells funny. And is very dirty. I can attest to it, as I've lived here my entire life. It's only redeeming quality- amazing shopping and architecture like you wouldn't even believe. Drawbacks- 9% tax on MAC (well, and everything else too)! Sad thing is, I'm a midwestern Chicago girl through and through. The thought of living somewhere else frightens me, haha. I need the dirt and noise and gross a@$ black snow, or else it's not home! And- if I went anywhere else, people would make fun of me for my accent! I say melk!

I'm moving to Taos, NM.

LOL, I live on the WI/IL border, so I spend a lot of time in Chi-town.
You forgot to mention how aggressive the drivers are, even though that nine time out of ten, they're doing something wrong
smiles.gif

Oh, and I say melk too!

eastsidesunset

Quote:
Originally Posted by medusalox
LOL, I live on the WI/IL border, so I spend a lot of time in Chi-town.
You forgot to mention how aggressive the drivers are, even though that nine time out of ten, they're doing something wrong
smiles.gif

Oh, and I say melk too!

Yes. Driving here is horrible, but with the state of public transit, it's the easiest way sometimes. Honestly, I consider myself a pretty good driver, but I can totally see where people would hate driving in this city. People are crazy behind the wheel. When you say Chicaaaaago, you know you've been here too long!

Dark_Phoenix

Anchorage, Alaska <3

I lived there for a year and a half and love the city! The only drawback is the insanely dark days of winter... but you get used to it. If anywhere else, then Portland, Oregon or Massachusets, NY (<I'm a North Shore girl... am I supposed to be proud of that?)