Let's have a "What the f**k??"-Ebay thread....

radashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mare
People *starting* to inflate my bids? LOL! This has been going on for quite a while, and it's always the same inflater. I wonder if this person would actually pay if they found themselves the top bidder...

I just wonder why someone would do that...

Mare

Jeez girl, let's see this collection!
Can I ask why you spend so much on a postcard? No need to answer if you don't want, i'm just curious
smiles.gif

V2LUCKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by radashes
Jeez girl, let's see this collection!
Can I ask why you spend so much on a postcard? No need to answer if you don't want, i'm just curious
smiles.gif

Actually I think *A LOT* of people are curious about that too. If you spend that much on a postcard I could just image your makeup collection, bet we could all swim in it.

Demosthenes

Quote:
This has been going on for quite a while, and it's always the same inflater. I wonder if this person would actually pay if they found themselves the top bidder...

I didn't know how long they were doing it! :p It sucks so bad that it's only one person doing the inflating. I'm pretty sure that if she actually won, she'd take the NPB strike. More power to you though, because you probably have the most awesomest postcard collection in the world.

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
Further investigation shows that this particular item is listed four times as item numbers 5624854207, 5624854220, 5624854013 and 5624853999. Many of the vendor's other limited edition items are duplicated too. Does anyone else smell a rat?

View seller's other items

Another caveat is that although the item description says "Standard Purchase Protection Offered." you can't claim because this item is ineligible due to payment only being accepted by MoneyGram, Western Union or wire transfer. In other words, you have no safety net.

It now seems that the vendor is no longer registered with eBay

Interestingly, although none of the multiple instances of the Quad Pallettes attracted any bids, two were relisted but the new listings have now been cancelled by eBay - 5626240099 and 5626240089 and the pages now carry a very big warning;

Quote:
Marketplace Safety Tip

Never pay for your eBay item using instant cash transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram or by recharging somebody's prepaid credit card. These methods are not safe to pay people you do not know personally.

In addition, these payment methods are not eligible for the eBay buyer protection programs.

It looks like suspicions about this vendor were well founded. This scammer may well try again so watch out!

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ada
How could anyone possibly spend $214 on a postcard?!? That's insane!

I wonder sometimes whether folks who trade on eBay a lot and use PayPal might forget that their PayPal balance is actually real money. They might not treat it as such and just trade and watch the value of their balance go up and down without ever withdrawing money to a real bank account.

Does this make sense to anyone?

pale blue

Quote:
I wonder sometimes whether folks who trade on eBay a lot and use PayPal might forget that their PayPal balance is actually real money. They might not treat it as such and just trade and watch the value of their balance go up and down without ever withdrawing money to a real bank account.

Does this make sense to anyone?

I sometimes do that since I'm somewhat active on eBay buying and selling. I don't forget it's real money though. The balance can earn interest at the rate of 3.76% since they call it a Money Market account. Hey, I just checked my account...I just got 1¢ in dividends deposited from Paypal!
graucho.gif

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerisier
Hey, I just checked my account...I just got 1¢ in dividends deposited from Paypal!
graucho.gif

Don't spend it all at once
greengrin.gif

pale blue

Quote:
Don't spend it all at once
greengrin.gif

Sorry girls, a round of drinks on me will have to wait
rofl.gif

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mare
Um... I hate to tell you all this, but I'm *not* bidding on cards I already have. How would any of you know what cards I already have; actually have *in my possession*? Nor am I "artifically inflating the price." If anything, other bidders are, just so they can find out my maximum and make *me* pay the most possible. As a matter of fact, one of you all but admitted to it. (Psst, I think Ebay frowns on that...) I just wonder if others would actually complete the auctions, should they find out what that max is and beat it...

And for whoever suspected I'm just a shill bidder... you'd be wrong. Ask the sellers if I paid for the auctions. You'll find that I have.

I've been quite enjoying reading all the libel in this thread so far. Thought I was unaware, did you? Well, I wasn't. Libel on. So I'm a retard and a dumb ass, huh? Go ahead, just keep on talking about me like you think it's still behind my back. I do, however, take exception to anyone "squeezing my neck in." Wow, is that a threat?
icon_eek.gif
Chill, girl!

Besides, I don't suppose anyone who's so up in arms about all the cards I'm supposedly "blocking access to" has noticed that the vast majority of them have been relisted, by the same or other sellers? What's stopping you from bidding on those auctions? Or is it just more fun to moan about it and libel others?

I realize this is not exactly the optimum first post in this forum, but there does come a point when a person feels the need to defend herself. So there you have the TRUTH. Libel on, if you must, but the other side needed to be voiced.

Mare

mare, i say more power to ya! if YOU want to spend YOUR money on a postcard, DO IT! it's YOUR money and u have the right to buy whatever u want with it.. i've lost a few auctions to you (hee hee) but that's cos i put my max, and your max beat it! that's all.. nuff said! enjoy your cards!!
smiles.gif

thaliaucla

Postcards

I don't know if it's technically legal to do so but why don't all of you (since you're all here) form a bidding group and take turns with the postcards so you're not outbidding each other?

And for one ~I would bid on auctions for postcards that I already have if the price is low enough as an investment for future selling. I have no problem with that.

SonRisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaliaucla
And for one ~I would bid on auctions for postcards that I already have if the price is low enough as an investment for future selling. I have no problem with that.

I completely agree with you on this. I'm somewhat of a card collector, but moreso for shadows and other things. If I see a Haze at a BIN price of $30, I'm gonna grab it! So what if I already have 3, that doesn't matter. Those who are whining "But she already has them! It's not fair." sound like little ass kids. This is not school, where we're learning how to share. If she wants to own 100 of the same, rare card and is willing to dish out the money, more power to her. It's no one's business what she does with them. If you (not you Thalia) can't afford it, oh well, that's your problem, not her's. And I'm not trying to sound like a bitch either because I most definately "share" and have sent more than a few random ass strangers who I've never met in person, free makeup. I'm just sick of the whining over her in particular. There was a time when I couldn't afford to spend $100 on one shadow and I'd be all pissed because a Haze went for $60 on ebay and even that I couldn't afford. But that was my problem. I didn't sit and talk shit about whoever won the auction. Ending rambling now
smiles.gif

Eye<3Colour

ebay made me sad last nite. it was an all out bidding war for eye shadow lots last nite. i only won one out of the six i was bidding on. it got way over my head. sh*t going for 50, 60 and 80 bucks!! i lost the one i really wanted at the last second. i was so sad.. lol. but ebay is fun, and if i would of had the money to buy what i really wanted, i would of. so yah im just rambling about my experience last nite. nothing pertaining to what you all were talking bout.. lol
winks.gif

caffn8me

I've just received an email which says "Congratulations! You've earned the honor of joining the eBay Bronze PowerSeller" which is all very entertaining as I've never sold anything on eBay, only bought.

Poking around it turns out to be yet another Romanian scam (they all seem to be these days). The fake eBay login form sends the username and password entered by email to a yahoo email ID which has been in operation since July. Having checked that what I entered couldn't be traced from the fake login page, I decided to have some fun so put the fraudster's own email address in as the User ID and a the URL of the BBC News article which tells the story of three Romanians jailed for eBay fraud as the password. I hope the scammer receives the email
smiles.gif

caffn8me

The description for the mirror includes "Apply your makeup like the pros with this hard to find item!" - I always wondered how M·A·C got their own makeup to look so good. Perhaps if I buy it I'll be able to get that "pro" look too.

Then again perhaps not!

Why do people put such absolute rubbish into their listings? I have never seen a "pro" using one of these mirrors to help them to apply makeup. Have you SonRisa?