Let's have a "What the f**k??"-Ebay thread....

Eye<3Colour

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyinPink
Not makeup, but LOOK at the this!!! I can't believe it! Is it that rare???
http://cgi.ebay.com/YANKEE-CANDLES-C...cm dZViewItem

icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

omg!!! i wish someone could explain this to me!!! omg omg omg. thats so freekin nuts!!!

AlliSwan

I ran another search for that scent, and apparently some people want it realllllly badly! One's going for over $300 with a couple days left! WTF?!?!?

SonRisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
The description for the mirror includes "Apply your makeup like the pros with this hard to find item!" - I always wondered how M·A·C got their own makeup to look so good. Perhaps if I buy it I'll be able to get that "pro" look too.

Then again perhaps not!

Why do people put such absolute rubbish into their listings? I have never seen a "pro" using one of these mirrors to help them to apply makeup. Have you SonRisa?

Lmaoooo, I didn't even read the description. I can't believe they had the audacity to say that. Then again, I'm willing to bet some poor soul will think it's some special MAC mirror and pay an arm and a leg for it. All the while those of us in the know, know it was either stolen or given to whomever for free. (sometimes managers will give units away when we get new ones rather than tossing them in the garbage, though lately they won't give them away because of the ridiculous crap like this on Ebay.) Which makes me sooooo mad, because we were getting rid of our lipglass units and I soooo wanted one. They're perfect for storage.

asnbrb

Quote:
The description for the mirror includes "Apply your makeup like the pros with this hard to find item!" - I always wondered how M·A·C got their own makeup to look so good. Perhaps if I buy it I'll be able to get that "pro" look too.

Then again perhaps not!

Well, damn. That mirror better have some "Snow White" power to it and be able to talk to you if it's that special.

"Now, pat it on."

"Okay, now blend... BLEND... Goddammit, woman, I SAID BLEND!!"

bluegrassbabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by asnbrb
"Okay, now blend... BLEND... Goddammit, woman, I SAID BLEND!!"

ROTFLMAO

I would pay some good money for that!

caffn8me

To be honest I spent quite a bit of time on my M·A·C course trying to persuade the girl I was working on one afternoon to put the mirror down! It was getting in the way of what I was trying to do!

The promise that the mirror will enable you to apply makeup like a pro is complete bunkum - just like similar claims made for ripped-off copies of the M·A·C Product Handbook (which now all seem to feature scans from Kevyn Aucoin's book "Making Faces" too). The Product Handbook really contains very little information about how to apply makeup and simply reading it certainly won't make anyone a pro!

caffn8me

Will the real Lara Flynn Boyle please stand up?

OK, call me suspicious but I've seen a lot of eBay scammers. The seller has two Cargo Colortubes allegedly signed by Lara Flynn Boyle. As you can see the signatures on the three products don't exactly match. There is no way anyone will persuade me that the signatures on the first and second pictures below were done by the same person!

See what you think;

If any of these are genuine at all I'd put money on the first. The third looks like a pitifully bad attempt to copy the style of the first but it has quite a few points in common with the second - look at the letter B for example and the F looks very awkward - the horizontal is much longer than on the first and there is no loop at the foot of the vertical. It's not very easy to see but the B on the first tube has a small bottom loop and no vertical that descends below the horizontal of the bottom loop. Both other Bs have a large bottom loop and a vertical that descends below the bottom of the loop. My conclusion would be that the second and third are the work of the same person but the first is someone else altogether.

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassbabe
Especially crazy considering you can buy that anywhere for $15. i can see paying way over retail for a rare discontinued Holy Grail kinda product. But why pay $25 extra for something you can find at any Macy's?

Ah, but this was a special tube. It was specifically not signed by Lara Flynn Boyle which makes it quite rare
winks.gif

SonRisa

Quote:
Ah, but this was a special tube. It was specifically not signed by Lara Flynn Boyle which makes it quite rare
winks.gif

lmaoooooooo

Tessigrl

Quote:
winks.gif

Hahahahaha

caffn8me

This makes me suspicious;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll..._BID_Stores_IT

The seller has lots of these. The things that make me suspicious are the quantity for sale, the "retail" price given in the description which is claimed to be £19 but it's actually £8 and finally the box. Two things about the box ring alarm bells - I've never seen Pro Lash sold in a box - it has always come in a small ziplock bag. Secondly, the printing is sloppy with the M·A·C logo off centre. Any thoughts?

Ambi

Quote:
This makes me suspicious;

The seller has lots of these. The things that make me suspicious are the quantity for sale, the "retail" price given in the description which is claimed to be £19 but it's actually £8 and finally the box. Two things about the box ring alarm bells - I've never seen Pro Lash sold in a box - it has always come in a small ziplock bag. Secondly, the printing is sloppy with the M·A·C logo off centre. Any thoughts?

Oh god, I just bought two eye shadows from him last week, I haven't received them yet but people over at LJ say the MAC he sell is fake... Go me.

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambi
Oh god, I just bought two eye shadows from him last week, I haven't received them yet but people over at LJ say the MAC he sell is fake... Go me.

If the products you receive are fake or even if you suspect they are fake when you receive them it's possible to put a stop to his activities but please don't contact him to alert him of your suspicions. I'll try to have a word with some of my M·A·C contacts tomorrow in London and see if they're interested in taking this further.