Let's have a "What the f**k??"-Ebay thread....

SOLO x STAR

The lipstick kinda looks a bit fake...but as PrettyKitty said it could be real. One of the brushes on bid has 13 bids now.

Oonie

There's a listing for Pro-Preferred Powder Compact, it can be used wet or dry. Is there a PRO product like that? Or any MAC foundation/powder that can be used wet/dry? I would like that.

Onederland

Well the rhinestone on the lipstick looks tacked on. And half-hazzardly too. So Im going with that as a fake.

As far as the NC103 goes, perhaps there was a series of misprints, didnt got to the store, and she got her hands on them.

moonrevel

A big part of me wants to say the stuff she is selling is fake because I don't recognize a lot of it (the mascara, the lipstick, the blush with the brush included), but another part of me wonders why one would go to such trouble to fake cosmetics. Perhaps these were items MAC at one time tested but decided not to release? Or maybe this person just has waaaaaay too much time and wasted skill in forgery on her hands.

Cygnette

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyKitty
I don't know if its fake... They now have MAC in Paris, so it could be true.

Nonetheless "MAC Paris" would be like a brand name. Like "L'Oreal Paris" - it's part of the name, not something tacked on just because the item is now sold in Paris.

lol.gif
This seller is cracking me up honestly.

joytheobscure

I wonder if these are being "pirated" over in asia??? That would certainly set the ebay market up for a change... be careful.. they pirate any number of things.... I wouldn't buy it the packaging looks "wrong"

Hawkeye

hmmm

Isn't there a law against that=forgery, usage of the MAC name and logo etc etc etc? hmmmmmmmm
icon_eek.gif

leti

I´m not a member of ebay, but someone of you could ask this girl about the procedence of these cosmetics??

People have to know if they are bidding for fake products
th_remoteImage-61.gif

saramwrap

People get really carried away on eBay, especially with rare items. I'd never pay that much for Parrot, either! The seller started the auction at a dime and it's gotten bid 1000 times above that. Nuts.

I think there are a lot of things at play on eBay:
- people who don't do their homework on what an item is worth or its availability (thus seeing people pay much more than retail for easily-purchased items)
- people who get carried away in the excitement of bidding and feel that they MUST win no matter the cost
- people who don't read auction terms and bid based on what they perceive the auction to be advertising (like when the photos show jars of pigment but the auction is for samples)
- dishonest sellers who advertise items as "rare" or "vintage" or "discontinued" when they're not
- and a small set of people who don't realize that they're entering a binding contract and actually have to PAY for what they bid

Add it all up... craziness!
winks.gif

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by saramwrap
People get really carried away on eBay, especially with rare items. I'd never pay that much for Parrot, either! The seller started the auction at a dime and it's gotten bid 1000 times above that. Nuts.

I think there are a lot of things at play on eBay:
- people who don't do their homework on what an item is worth or its availability (thus seeing people pay much more than retail for easily-purchased items)
- people who get carried away in the excitement of bidding and feel that they MUST win no matter the cost
- people who don't read auction terms and bid based on what they perceive the auction to be advertising (like when the photos show jars of pigment but the auction is for samples)
- dishonest sellers who advertise items as "rare" or "vintage" or "discontinued" when they're not
- and a small set of people who don't realize that they're entering a binding contract and actually have to PAY for what they bid

Add it all up... craziness!
winks.gif

WELL SAID![/b]

moonrevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by saramwrap

This drives me absolutely batty! I once saw someone listing clear Lipglass as "RARE! HTF!!!" I'm like, yeah, if you live in Antarctica.

msthrope

considering that the auction is for multiple copies of just two cards, i do think the price has gone too high; but then i have seen a single card go for $30, so it doesn't seem too bad in light of that fact. the more i watch ebay, the more i think it's a lot about timing and catching the people that have money to burn. jasmine is a great example of that; it went for over $120 one week and less than $30 the next.

midnightlouise

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_obsession
holy fuckin christ are you kidding me? $132 for lesiuretime? my god...

*she says as she scours her massive stash for Leisuretime* bwah-ha-ha!
greengrin.gif

Wish I had that one, I'd sell it in a minute for $132! That'd just about cover Rebelrock heh heh...