MAC - Colour Craft Discussion

rocking chick

I had just posted some new swatches at the swatch thread. This is my 1st time doing swatches, so pls pardon me if its not well taken
smiles.gif

Also I would like say thank you to Ernie1881 for taking the time & effort for taking swatches pictures,its really tedious. And also hard to capture the true colors of the products.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocking chick
I also didnt really like the fact that I cant get much lipglass out too. But the color of Eclectic Edge is really lovely & I have to get it. It looks really good pairing up with Lavender Whip too.

this is the only gloss i shall be getting from this collection
smiles.gif
looks very unique
thmbup.gif

stickles

Quote:
Originally Posted by allThingsGirl
Thank you so much for the swatches!!! You are the best.
smiles.gif

I have some questions, if you don't mind..

- You mentioned that Improvise is more of a highlighter, is Hand Finish like that too?

- Are Fab-dabulous and Brunette MSF similar at all?

- I'm interested in the comparison of Merrily and Style Demon too, is it worth having both? (NC40)

- Are Cheeky Bronze and Gold Deposit MSFs similar at all?

Thanks so much!!

Gold Deposit is far chunkier, metallic, and gold-toned, while Cheeky Bronze is almost pink-toned in comparison, a coral pink, lovely!

TamEva Le Fay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annice
Hmm I'm desperately looking to put my hands on Blonde MSF but I cant get in anywhere. Do you girls think Smooth Merge would be a possibly dupe for it?

I think Smooth Merge will be a wonderful alternative to BBR's Blonde, only under one condition!

That you won't miss the unmistakable "silvery" cast that Blonde gives you.

Smooth Merge
appears to be the warmer Sister to Blonde. Even the, "Pale Cool Pink", that Smooth Merge boasts has a warmer tone to it according to Erin's incomparable swatches.

Smooth Merge - Left: Soft champange pink / Center: Deep rose / Right: Pale cool pink

Blonde - Soft Pink to Rose degrade
(NOT A VERY GREAT DESCRIPTION)

I'm banking on this because I, for one, totally blew off Blonde for Redhead and feel the void in my makeup case, especially after seeing its true powers, "Silvery Cast" and all, being demonstrated on my Asian Girlfriends who've used Blonde and how absolutely incredible it looks on their skintones!!! It just Brightened everything!

There is a danger that Smooth Merge simply won't be as brightening as Blonde, though!

But I have no doubt that it will be as flattering. One not to miss!

Thank You to Erin and those who generously sacrificed their time to provide us with such amazing swatches!!! Erin...kudos to your "Lighting Crew"!
It doesn't get any truer than that!
thmbup.gif

P.S.

Remember: Estee Lauder's The Gone But Not Forgotten Program (800) 216-7173 goes as far back as 3 years now (OR SO THEY CLAIM...IT USED TO BE 2 YEARS) in tracking past items for you, if you are looking for things that got away!

www.elcompanies.com/the_company/gone_but_not_forgotten.asp

stickles

I found Smooth Merge to be far frostier/chunkier than Blonde. I have Blonde but skipped Smooth Merge because it was frost city.

stickles

Winthropp, I found Triple Fusion to be just as frosty as Smooth Merge, so I had skipped both. At first I was iffy that I skipped them, but then I went home and re-swatched Blonde and was like wow, yes, this is how finely-milled and velvety I *want* my MSFs to be. Not like Shimpagne (which is how I find the 3-stripe MSFs to be like in texture)

Liya2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickles
Winthropp, I found Triple Fusion to be just as frosty as Smooth Merge, so I had skipped both. At first I was iffy that I skipped them, but then I went home and re-swatched Blonde and was like wow, yes, this is how finely-milled and velvety I *want* my MSFs to be. Not like Shimpagne (which is how I find the 3-stripe MSFs to be like in texture)

Me and my wallet thank you
tong.gif

dreamer246

Oh my, it's selling in Singapore already?!
thud.gif
I'm sooo out of touch with MAC news these days.
ssad.gif

Anyhow I wouldn't have been able to make it down on Sunday, but I'll go down later today to check it out (I sure hope it's not some Tangs member exclusive thing).
yes.gif

I really hope Cheeky Bronze is still in stock, that's the MSF I want the most! Any idea how much it's retailing for?

kiss

I was excited about this collection, but now I am not sure if I want anything besides the made with love lipstick. I wonder how cheek and cheerful compares to Earth to Earth.

blindpassion

I'm super disappointed with this collection.
ssad.gif

From everything Ive seen it seems super frosty, and I can't get over the "bitch slap" paint wheels resemblance.

Smooth Merge and the 131 are the only things I am interested in.

Civies

I was excited until all these swatches and reviews
ssad.gif
!

SIGH . And I don't really like anything from the fall collections (seriously . Dont kill me) so I'll still end up picking up a few things from this collection .

miss sha

Yeah, I'm getting worried with all of this talk about things being so frosty. I don't have any experience with frosty face products so I don't have the knee-jerk UGH reaction that everyone seems to, but it must be something bad if everyone seems so put off by it.

I still plan on picking up Cheeky Bronze and Smooth Merge at the very least. I might end up passing on Triple Fusion. I do want the 226 but I've heard good things about using the 109 for MSFs so I'll get the Sigma version of that instead of the 131 (since I don't get the hype, really?). Lipglosses I'm still waiting on swatches. I'll always love lipglosses. <3

kiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civies
SIGH . And I don't really like anything from the fall collections (seriously . Dont kill me) so I'll still end up picking up a few things from this collection .

Same here. I am skipping tons of collections. I never thought the day would come that I wouldn't want many products. Oh well it's time I spent more money on clothes than make-up.

coachkitten

I keep going back and forth and back and forth on what I want from this collection. The swatches are so helpful and thank you to everyone who has posted them.
smiles.gif

So far I think that I am going to get:
Color Crafted Lipstick (B2M)
Trimming Talk Lipstick (B2M)
Smooth Merge MSF
Cheeky Bronze MSF
Triple Fusion MSF
Sunny By Nature MSF
Warm Blend MSF
131 Brush
226 Brush

yodagirl

My list is pretty short and sweet for once lol:

-Smooth Merge MSF
-Warm Blend MSF
-Funky Fusion Lipglass
-131 brush

The rest of my money will be going to all the awesome fall collections...Especially the quads
th_e2cloud9.gif

Juxtapose

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley13tree
I really want the 131, but not sure if I could justify the price. :p

I hear you. The rational part of me is telling me no, I don't need it, but the collector side of me is saying to me...how could you pass this up? I guess I'll have to give this some more thought.

abbyquack

I'm actually excited for some frosty MSFs. The only one I really have like that is Shimpagne and I find it quite useful for that summery bronzed look, especially when paired with Sunsonic or Gel l/s...so I imagine that Triple Fusion and Smooth Merge will get a good amount of love from me.

But I am still debating which MSFs to get and which to skip. My wallet only wants 3, but of course I want 4: Porcelain Pink, Cheeky Bronze, Triple Fusion & Smooth Merge...

So, my main question is, is Porcelain Pink a must have? I know it's kind of a classic, so if I don't have it, do I need it? And I guess I'm also wondering, is Cheeky Bronze orangey-coral or pinky-coral? And would it be too harsh on my NC20 skin?

TIA!
smiles.gif