MAC - Colour Craft Discussion

Rinstar

Oh noes!!!!!!!
The l/g are more pigmented than I thought they'd be.....

Darn, i was gonna skip them all.
mac_atemywallet.gif

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
I'm actually excited for some frosty MSFs. The only one I really have like that is Shimpagne and I find it quite useful for that summery bronzed look, especially when paired with Sunsonic or Gel l/s...so I imagine that Triple Fusion and Smooth Merge will get a good amount of love from me.

But I am still debating which MSFs to get and which to skip. My wallet only wants 3, but of course I want 4: Porcelain Pink, Cheeky Bronze, Triple Fusion & Smooth Merge...

So, my main question is, is Porcelain Pink a must have? I know it's kind of a classic, so if I don't have it, do I need it? And I guess I'm also wondering, is Cheeky Bronze orangey-coral or pinky-coral? And would it be too harsh on my NC20 skin?

TIA!
smiles.gif

I am NW15 and Porcelain Pink acts almost as a beauty powder on me. It is very light and gives a nice all over glow. That being said if you have quite a few beauty powders like pretty baby, flower mist due, and some of the other light pink ones I think that you can skip Porcelain Pink. Porcelain Pink does offer a slight sheen to it so if you are looking for an all over face brightner with a little bit of shimmer than you might like it. It is pretty but IMO it isn't overly unique.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieVM
Hey Erine I have a question about the 131....How wide would you say the bristles are?....Is it comparable in width size to the 116? It looks fairly small in the pics or maybe its just me? thanks!

i'd say its about the size of the 129 (when they both first come outta the plastic. i'm not sure what kinda shape the 131 will take on after its been used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
**Erine is pretty and makes pretty swatches and I will buy whatever she tells me to.**

blush-anim-cl.gif
cutey.gif
graucho.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCrystal
i think im only going to get one MSF in warm blend, why did mac bring back the trio lipglasses
ssad.gif
im not diggin them

they didn't bring em back. this is a different formula/visual. these are swirled lipglasses (same price), where the tricolour had three different formulas of gloss (hence the higher price).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapnap
Is this collection in stores yet though? I didn't think it was coming out till July but you all sound like you've been seeing it.

it won't be in stores til july 9th. its released in singapore now tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamEva Le Fay
Thank You to Erin and those who generously sacrificed their time to provide us with such amazing swatches!!! Erin...kudos to your "Lighting Crew"!
It doesn't get any truer than that!
thmbup.gif

my camera thanks you tameva!
winkiss.gif

mdjmsj

Okay, I need some help here: I'm an NW15 and am trying to decide which MSF to get-Cheeky Bronze or Porcelain Pink. I already have New Vegas, So Ceylon, Light Flush, Petticoat and Perfect Topping. Which one do I need to round the collection out?

caramel_geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss sha
Yeah, I'm getting worried with all of this talk about things being so frosty. I don't have any experience with frosty face products so I don't have the knee-jerk UGH reaction that everyone seems to, but it must be something bad if everyone seems so put off by it.

Face products that are too frosty might be bad or good, depending on what kind of look you're trying to achieve.

If a frosty product is over-used, you can look like a disco ball. Not good at all.
thmbdn.gif

But if it's used really sparingly, it might be okay. BUT, if used too sparingly, you won't get the color that you see in the packaging. (Yeah...it's confusing
tong.gif
)

I really can't justify buying a product that is too frosty, cause I absolutely hate them.
angry.gif

Sorry if I'm not much of a help here
ssad.gif

NeonKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdjmsj
Okay, I need some help here: I'm an NW15 and am trying to decide which MSF to get-Cheeky Bronze or Porcelain Pink. I already have New Vegas, So Ceylon, Light Flush, Petticoat and Perfect Topping. Which one do I need to round the collection out?

The redhead dupe: triple fusion, and I'd say cheeky bronze. PP seems to be too light even for some nc and nw15's

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdjmsj

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKitty
The redhead dupe: triple fusion, and I'd say cheeky bronze. PP seems to be too light even for some nc and nw15's

I say Cheeky Bronze as well since you don't really have a peachy, coral MSF yet.

abbyquack

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I am NW15 and Porcelain Pink acts almost as a beauty powder on me. It is very light and gives a nice all over glow. That being said if you have quite a few beauty powders like pretty baby, flower mist due, and some of the other light pink ones I think that you can skip Porcelain Pink. Porcelain Pink does offer a slight sheen to it so if you are looking for an all over face brightner with a little bit of shimmer than you might like it. It is pretty but IMO it isn't overly unique.

Thanks, Katie! How do you think it compares to Lightscapade? I mean, is it pretty much as light? I don't really use Lightscapade a lot so I don't know if I another really light color...
th_dunno.gif

sapnap

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
Oh my, it's selling in Singapore already?!
thud.gif
I'm sooo out of touch with MAC news these days.
ssad.gif

Anyhow I wouldn't have been able to make it down on Sunday, but I'll go down later today to check it out (I sure hope it's not some Tangs member exclusive thing).
yes.gif

I really hope Cheeky Bronze is still in stock, that's the MSF I want the most! Any idea how much it's retailing for?

the MSFs are 46 SGD
smiles.gif
and last i saw cheeky was available!

stickles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
Oh my, it's selling in Singapore already?!
thud.gif
I'm sooo out of touch with MAC news these days.
ssad.gif

Anyhow I wouldn't have been able to make it down on Sunday, but I'll go down later today to check it out (I sure hope it's not some Tangs member exclusive thing).
yes.gif

I really hope Cheeky Bronze is still in stock, that's the MSF I want the most! Any idea how much it's retailing for?

At the mo, only the MSFs, MESs, lippies, and glosses are in stock. The blushes and 131 aren't in yet. The MSFs are all S$46, which is a welcome surprise considering that the BBR MSFs were S$52, supposedly because of the stripes. This time around, no "striping surcharge"!

I bet Cheeky Bronze is still in stock because it looks much darker in pan than it does on, so although it gives a warm coral pink glow to skin, the pan makes it look like it would swipe yuck brown.

stickles

Quote:
Thanks, Katie! How do you think it compares to Lightscapade? I mean, is it pretty much as light? I don't really use Lightscapade a lot so I don't know if I another really light color...
th_dunno.gif

I have both Lightscapade and PP. They swatch differently in that LSP comes off as a light-yellow evenly pearly shimmer, whereas PP comes off as a sparse iridescently light pink with fine gold shimmer. LSP is prettier IMO, but they are both very light

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapnap
the MSFs are 46 SGD
smiles.gif
and last i saw cheeky was available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickles
At the mo, only the MSFs, MESs, lippies, and glosses are in stock. The blushes and 131 aren't in yet. The MSFs are all S$46, which is a welcome surprise considering that the BBR MSFs were S$52, supposedly because of the stripes. This time around, no "striping surcharge"!

I bet Cheeky Bronze is still in stock because it looks much darker in pan than it does on, so although it gives a warm coral pink glow to skin, the pan makes it look like it would swipe yuck brown.

Awesome! Thank you sooo much for the info, I will head down later to get my Cheeky Bronze then.
th_DANCE.gif

Is Tangs Orchard the only counter that is selling this?

EDIT: How much are the MES retailing for?

stv578

Alright, I think I'm going to cave and get one MES, Girlish Romp or Eccentricity, cannot decide which of the two though. And Cheeky Bronze.

Sashan

I have Moon River mb and Perfect Topping msf which both produce a pinky glow on my NC20 skin. I really only use them as highlighters.

I was going to get Porcelain Pink but it sounds like I could skip it then? I don't think I need another highlighter as I also have Nars Albatross, Soft and Gentle msf and Vanilla Pigment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten

stickles

I find PP to be even lighter than Perfect Topping if that helps at all. I had all of these swatched on my arm the other night but I couldn't get them to photograph well enough to post!

miss sha

All of this talk about Porcelain Pink is making me want it too, but I think the pinkish/raspberry colors in Smooth Merge and Triple Fusion are close enough for me, especially if Triple Fusion is already too light for my skintone.

omgitzstephanie

^Wow really? I must rethink about purchasing PP then because I don't need another PT. I thought PP would have been a really nice, light pink blush...

coachkitten

Quote:
th_dunno.gif

Abby I totally agree with what stickles said. Porcelain Pink swatches as a light salmon pink with low level shimmer and Lightscapade swatches as more of an opalescent pearl. They are really two way different highlighters. Like I said before I like wearing Porcelain Pink lightly all over the face due to the minimal shimmer. Lightscapade is a lot frostier.

kiss

Lightscapade and Porcelain pink are completely different. Both are great for fair-skinned ladies. Lightscapade gives a whitish pearly highlight, whereas PP gives a pink highlight with gold sparkles. If you use PP wet, it will be more frosty and the pink shimmer will be more noticable and prettier.

I sold mine because I didn't like the gold sparkles, but I have been missing it sometimes so I might pick it up again with the less gold veining.