MAC - Colour Craft Discussion

dreamer246

Oh and for the Singapore ladies, DFS counter will be getting this collection next month, so if there's something you couldn't get because it's sold out, wait for it to be released at DFS.
winks.gif

saab

Thank you everyone for yr swatches , it really helps decide ..

My list so far :

Porcelain pink
cheeky bronze (any comparison with WARMED MSF ?? )
triple fusion ( i want it but i dont know how frosty it will be )
daft pink and hand finish .. i wonder if hand finish will show on nc25
and Eclectic edge lipgloss .

kyoto

Thanks Winnie for your other swatches and in-depth review. I know how time consuming that can be, and wanted to let you know how appreciated it is. My list is pretty much the same as always, but now I may skip the lipsticks.

Shadowy Lady

Winnie - I just saw the swatches, thank you so much for doing this for us. It seems like I won't get Cheeky Bronze after all, maybe get a couple of the lipglosses and one MB depending on how they swatch

saab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
How did she apply Triple Fusion differently than you did?

I would love to know as well , bec i want triple fusion , but i dont know if i want it if its very frosty ...

rocking chick

Quote:

I use my finger to swatch the msf while my MA using 187 brush to apply on my face.

saab

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocking chick
I use my finger to swatch the msf while my MA using 187 brush to apply on my face.

excellent !! triple fusion is back on my list and i added color crafted too thanks to you !!
th_DANCE.gif
urock.gif

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoto
Thanks Winnie for your other swatches and in-depth review. I know how time consuming that can be, and wanted to let you know how appreciated it is. My list is pretty much the same as always, but now I may skip the lipsticks.

th_hug.gif
winkiss.gif
Glad to be able to help, but I'm so sorry about the poor quality of the pics. Wish I could take better pics to show the colors more accurately, but I'm limited by a lousy phone camera.
ssad.gif

So, what's on your list? Yeah the lipsticks are definitely passable IMO, especially if you already have a significant amount of lippies in your stash then you definitely don't need these.
winks.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
Winnie - I just saw the swatches, thank you so much for doing this for us. It seems like I won't get Cheeky Bronze after all, maybe get a couple of the lipglosses and one MB depending on how they swatch

Cheeky Bronze is going to be a highlighter on you, I'm pretty sure of that.
winks.gif
I personally thought the lipglosses looked pretty. Coral lovers should get Nice Mix Up, it's pureeeety.
winks.gif

cmariemac

Hi, does made with love looks like coral polyp, and does colour crafted resemble saint germain? Do these colors have dupes?

romi79_2008

I really want to love and buy cheeky bronze and smooth merge but I`m so afraid they `ll have the metallic sheen of petitcoat-hate it. Any advice? skip them or not?

dreamer246

No, Made With Love does NOT look like Coral Polyp. Coral Polyp has more of a red tinge to it.

Color Crafted *definitely* looks dupeable. Not sure how close it is to St. Germain, but I'll say they are in the same color family.

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by romi79_2008
I really want to love and buy cheeky bronze and smooth merge but I`m so afraid they `ll have the metallic sheen of petitcoat-hate it. Any advice? skip them or not?

Smooth Merge is metallic looking.

Cheeky Bronze not so, but it still has a sheen to it.

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
I personally thought the lipglosses looked pretty. Coral lovers should get Nice Mix Up, it's pureeeety.
winks.gif

Nice mix up, Funky Fusion and made to love l/s are all corally, right. Because those would def. be on my list.

Since all I do this summer is a neutral eye and a bold lip. having a whole bunch of colors on my eyes just seems to make me sweat more so I can't bring myself to do it.

Nzsallyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMay
I think I am skipping all the MSF's from this collection - and possibly picking up one or two of the MES depending on how they swatch, and that's it.

I might even walk away with nothing from this collection yet!

same here Mrs May. but i only plan to get the 131 brush if i like it, and can see myself using it. i just have so many products, that i dont need any more MSF

allThingsGirl

thanks winnie for your review. my list of stuff i want seems to keep shrinking. now, i don't know if i want cheeky bronze since i was hoping for more of a blush colour.
ssad.gif

i guess my list is this now, and i'm not completely sure about these either:
- new brush
- style demon
- fad dabulous

how do you guys think the new brush would be an improvement over the 188 for blush application? i have the 188 and i like it for blush, but then do i need the new one? :/

thanks everyone for doing the swatches and reporting back so far.
smiles.gif

kyoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
th_hug.gif
winkiss.gif
Glad to be able to help, but I'm so sorry about the poor quality of the pics. Wish I could take better pics to show the colors more accurately, but I'm limited by a lousy phone camera.
ssad.gif

So, what's on your list? Yeah the lipsticks are definitely passable IMO, especially if you already have a significant amount of lippies in your stash then you definitely don't need these.
winks.gif

Cheeky Bronze is going to be a highlighter on you, I'm pretty sure of that.
winks.gif
winks.gif

Hi, I already have Triple Fusion, Cheeky Bronze, and Porcelain Pink, so my list is:

Smooth Merge, Warm Blend, Sunny By Nature, (2) Susanne Brushes, (1) 109, Style Demon Blush, Fad-dabulous Blush, Nice Mix it Up L/G, Funky Fusion L/G, and I have to see Crazy Haute.

cathlila

hi all,
i've been following this thread and the swatch thread for awhile now in anticipation of colour craft's release, and have a quick question for you....

i'm an mac newbie and wanted to pick up my first msf from colour craft. but i can't seem to make up my mind on which one i want, especially with all of the discussion of frostiness, pigmentation, and looks (ugly stripes?).

what do you you guys think would make a good first msf out of this collection? i'm nc15, with brown hair and brown eyes.

mdjmsj

My list keeps changing-I'm so excited for this collection though. Right now, I've settled on getting:

Cheeky
Assemblage
Girlish Romp
*Maybe* Smooth Merge or Triple Fusion but I'm going to have to see them IRL first...

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
^^ I guess this means I am getting Porcelain Pink?
lol.gif

I wasn't much help at all was I!?!
lol.gif

Thanks Winnie for your great review!
smiles.gif

GlamQueen21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathlila
hi all,
i've been following this thread and the swatch thread for awhile now in anticipation of colour craft's release, and have a quick question for you....

i'm an mac newbie and wanted to pick up my first msf from colour craft. but i can't seem to make up my mind on which one i want, especially with all of the discussion of frostiness, pigmentation, and looks (ugly stripes?).

what do you you guys think would make a good first msf out of this collection? i'm nc15, with brown hair and brown eyes.

I go with Porcelain Pink MSF since it would look gorgeous on your cheeks and it will give you a gorgeous glow. Also, Triple Fusion would look nice on you too.