MAC - Colour Craft Discussion

NeonKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzsallyb
goodness! what has caused this? surely not swine flu? im lucky that radiology never gets like that, even though we get super duper busy.
20hours at work -eeek! but then i have horror nights on call when ive only just left work in the morning when everyone else is arriving at 8am. but oh so rewarding!

Yep, H1N1. We're a hotspot right now. We serve an area about the size of half of the US, most of it very remote and northern. The aboriginal population in these remote areas are getting hit hard, very very ill comparatively. Not sure why, might be isolation from regular infective agents/immunity and poor living conditions/nutrition. So we have about 40+ additional patients on ventilators in the city right now, in addition to our already full ICU load. The amount of people getting severely ill and ending up in critical condition are still less than 1% of the people who are known H1N1, lots are recovering, but others, not good. It's going to get really bad when flu season strikes, especially if this thing mutates. We've identified three strains of H1N1 in this population already. The risk to the general public is still very low, but it really is taxing our critical care program right now.

miss sha

Yay, lippie swatches! (Hopefullly) final list...

- Triple Fusion
- Smooth Merge
- Cheeky Bronze
- Warm Blend
- Sunny By Nature
I'm still trying to decide on what combination of these to get. There's no way I'm getting all five of them--I'm trying to narrow it down to four but I can't decide. I'm on the lighter edge of NC45--if I could get some recs I'd appreciate it!

-226 brush
- Nice Mix-Up (was previously crossed off my list, but it reminds me of Buzz)
- Eclectic Edge
- Funky Fusion (thinking about this--the hot pink scares me a little)

I really like the lipsticks, but I need to abstain!

BrokefromMAC

Hi everyone
greengrin.gif
. Does anybody know if PP MSF looks anything like Light Flush MSF? The swatches on here look like a light pink tone with a metallic finish, which Light Flush ends up looking like on me. Also, I was looking forward to Cheeky Bronze because I was picturing it looking pink/coral in the pan, but when I look at the swatches and pics here it looks brown, whats up with that? Does it swatch coral because that is what I would love it show like. I am really new to MSF's so I don't know too much about them. Thanks in advance.
smiles.gif

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmariemac
Hi, does made with love looks like coral polyp, and does colour crafted resemble saint germain? Do these colors have dupes?

CC is very frosty while SG is creamy so they look very different due to the finish. Both are pastel pink though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franimal
I had a shitty two days so playing with Colour Craft really cheered me up.

top:improvise
l to r: daft pink, fad-dabulous, cheek & cheerful, hand-finish, daft pink, style demon

Thank you! DP looks gorgeous! Glad CC cheered u up.

stickles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokefromMAC
Hi everyone
greengrin.gif
. Does anybody know if PP MSF looks anything like Light Flush MSF? The swatches on here look like a light pink tone with a metallic finish, which Light Flush ends up looking like on me. Also, I was looking forward to Cheeky Bronze because I was picturing it looking pink/coral in the pan, but when I look at the swatches and pics here it looks brown, whats up with that? Does it swatch coral because that is what I would love it show like. I am really new to MSF's so I don't know too much about them. Thanks in advance.
smiles.gif

PP does show up lighter than Light Flush, which shows more pigmentation. But both have a similar finish.

Cheeky Bronze looks more brown in pan/heavy swatches, but the way you'd wear it on your face comes off lighter/more coral

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
they aren't alike at all!
nope.gif
i have aloof and like it. CC is more pastel
yucky.gif
its closer to snob, but how close i'm not sure.

Pastel!?!
yucky.gif
I will not be getting Colour Crafted now! Thanks Erin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokefromMAC
Hi everyone
greengrin.gif
smiles.gif

I don't think that Porcelain Pink comes off metallic looking at all like Light Flush does. It is much softer.

caramel_geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by franimal
top:improvise
l to r: daft pink, fad-dabulous, cheek & cheerful, hand-finish, daft pink, style demon

cheek & cheerful doesn't look "Mid-tone bronzy brown" at all. In fact, it sort of look like what I would expect Improvise to look like
th_confused_new.gif

How's the texture like? And could you please describe how Cheek & Cheerful looks like IRL? Do you think Cheek & Cheerful would look good on a NC20?

TIA!
winkiss.gif

BrokefromMAC

^^ Thanks ladies
greengrin.gif
. I wasn't even going to get anything from this collection but now I am eyeing a blush, 2 MSF's and the 226 lol. I hope I can control myself when I get to the counter though.

SometimesTheyComeBack

My list keeps changing!
Triple Fusion
Smooth Merge
Porcelain Pink
Daft Pink
Hand Finish or Improvise (although they look quite sheer in swatches?)
Madly Creative ( love this from the swatches)
Made with Love ( gorgeous!
bigheart.gif
)

I would like to cut one of the MSF's out though....

franimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramel_geek
cheek & cheerful doesn't look "Mid-tone bronzy brown" at all. In fact, it sort of look like what I would expect Improvise to look like
th_confused_new.gif

How's the texture like? And could you please describe how Cheek & Cheerful looks like IRL? Do you think Cheek & Cheerful would look good on a NC20?

TIA!
winkiss.gif

For some reason it photographed quite peachy but was more of a golden soft copper irl. Also, I am nc 35 and it looked way less yellow on me than on other swatches I have seen. All the blushes are super buttery, and the textures are consistent. I really hated my dainty blush, it was super hard. All of these are almost "fluffy" & have great payoff.

zerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanchick99
You know what I love most about this collection? Amongst all the golden/bronze MSFs and blushes, I am bound to find a dupe for my beloved Otherworldly blush. I flove that thing.

So true....nothing beats the butter like texture of Mac Other Worldly Blush HANDS DOWN!
th_worship.gif
It's one of a kind!

Although, Trace Gold blush seems to be the best dupe from the perm line and it works well too.

sapnap

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocking chick
I use my finger to swatch the msf while my MA using 187 brush to apply on my face.

hmm tht cud be the reason why the smooth merge tht the MA applied at the store looked good on my face and when i looked at the MSf at home it looked frosty? I even chked in natural light after i walked out of the store and then in the restaurant light and asked my husband 400 times and it looked good!... the new brush may as well do the trick
smiles.gif
thanks!

sapnap

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss sha
Yay, lippie swatches! (Hopefullly) final list...

- Triple Fusion
- Smooth Merge
- Cheeky Bronze
- Warm Blend
- Sunny By Nature
I'm still trying to decide on what combination of these to get. There's no way I'm getting all five of them--I'm trying to narrow it down to four but I can't decide. I'm on the lighter edge of NC45--if I could get some recs I'd appreciate it!

-226 brush
- Nice Mix-Up (was previously crossed off my list, but it reminds me of Buzz)
- Eclectic Edge
- Funky Fusion (thinking about this--the hot pink scares me a little)

I really like the lipsticks, but I need to abstain!

id say:

- Smooth Merge
- Warm Blend
- Sunny By Nature
- Style Demon
- Fad dabulous

does tht confuse u enuf
smiles.gif

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKitty
Good memory! Yes I have the magical mac store that has LE items till eternity lol. Overtime is good $$$, because it's double time for us. But working 16-20 hr shifts in full isolation regalia with extremely ill critical care patients, not so fun. They've been trying desperately to keep our icu the last clean icu in the province but MICU is almost 100% isolation as are the other icu's in the city, so they've gotta go somewhere. This is of course on top of our usual load of ICU patients, with same staff numbers. They're pulling anyone who ever worked in an ICU in the last 20 years and mandating them to our units. Senior management? Who cares, report in to the ICU please, lol. As they pull more peripheral staff to handle the icu overflow, outpatient clinics and wards go short staffed or close. Not pretty. But anyway, we're expecting the worst is still at least 4 months away! Heh, this could get interesting.

th_WeAreDoomed.png

Take care, hope it will not be as horrible as it sounds. And maybe you get a lot more time off with all the beautiful collections coming out in fall
smiles.gif

LMD84

i got paid a little more than i thought i would ths month! so i am going to buy both the 226 and 131 brush
smiles.gif
i'm very hapy! i just hope it comes out in the uk this week! even though we've all been told it's august , there is still a partof me that is very hopeful!!

LatteQueen

this is a shame..My Nordstrom will be maxed out to the max...I need a backup card...LOL....But like I said..I have to see this line in person and swatch and take it from there..this is so wrong in so many ways...I gotta get out of this thread..I just want the 226 brush...at least 2 or maybe 3...

FemmeFatale

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerin
So true....nothing beats the butter like texture of Mac Other Worldly Blush HANDS DOWN!
th_worship.gif
It's one of a kind!

Although, Trace Gold blush seems to be the best dupe from the perm line and it works well too.

OTHERWORLDY!!!
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif
My favorite product ever. How does trace gold compare???? Maybe I should pick that up?

Dayjoy

Style Demon is looking more red in the latest swatches than the earlier ones. It might go back on the list with the 131--if you can call that a "list."