MAC - Colour Craft Discussion

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenna23
hey can anyone advice me on which MSF or blushes to get from this collection for my skin tone. i am a NW45/50 during the summer and deep dark studio mist. i was wondering if you guys could help me? thanks everyone.

Sunny By Nature, Warm Blend and Cheeky Bronze are my definites. and I am nc47-50. They don't have a NC47 but they need it because I am between nc45and nc50. These are all going to come off natural on your skin, like a inner glow and that is what is meant to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss sha
Yay, lippie swatches! (Hopefullly) final list...
Funky Fusion (thinking about this--the hot pink scares me a little)

see above.
Hot pink and corals are made for you skin tone, believe it. There's a bold lip thread for WOC, go check that it out if you need convincing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FemmeFatale
OTHERWORLDY!!!
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif
My favorite product ever. How does trace gold compare???? Maybe I should pick that up?

Trace gold is darker and not as goldy, soft, warmer in tone not as bright doesn't glide on but from the regular line, the closest dupe there is.

But I am thinking that Improvise is a dupe as well. and with the new brush could be the bomb.

xoshopaholicxo

ah screw it! I'm getting Sunny by Nature & nothing yall say can convince me otherwise
tong.gif
I'm skipping the lip products. I don't wear lipstick too often & I've been loving my dior glosses lately. As for the blushes, they are still up in the air, Cheek & Cheerful looks tempting, but they look too frosty to me in the swatches.

saab

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickles
I have both, and I find them sufficiently different from each other. Whereas Warmed shows up fairly peachy on my NC25 skin, Cheeky Bronze shows up a little pinker, more coral tones. Warmed also has a slightly smoother and less metallic texture than Cheeky Bronze. HTHs!

Thanks for yr help , now ill definately be getting cheeky !!
yahoo.gif

saab

Thanks Erine for all the lip swatches , i am lemming lipglasses now .. how sheer is miss marble ? anythg like the cremesheen glosses ?

i want funky fusion , miss marble and eclectic edge . am dropping one blush for these now ...

Nzsallyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKitty
Yep, H1N1. We're a hotspot right now. We serve an area about the size of half of the US, most of it very remote and northern. The aboriginal population in these remote areas are getting hit hard, very very ill comparatively. Not sure why, might be isolation from regular infective agents/immunity and poor living conditions/nutrition. So we have about 40+ additional patients on ventilators in the city right now, in addition to our already full ICU load. The amount of people getting severely ill and ending up in critical condition are still less than 1% of the people who are known H1N1, lots are recovering, but others, not good. It's going to get really bad when flu season strikes, especially if this thing mutates. We've identified three strains of H1N1 in this population already. The risk to the general public is still very low, but it really is taxing our critical care program right now.

far out! in NZ we are telling everyone not to leave their houses, and call hotlines etc. only two people in NZ are in ICU with H1N1. and we are in peak flu season at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by FemmeFatale
OTHERWORLDY!!!
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif
My favorite product ever. How does trace gold compare???? Maybe I should pick that up?

i have the chance to get this blush (over retail price), is it really that great?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
Trace gold is darker and not as goldy, soft, warmer in tone not as bright doesn't glide on but from the regular line, the closest dupe there is.

But I am thinking that Improvise is a dupe as well. and with the new brush could be the bomb.

i love the look of improvise. my list keeps on growing!
sneaky.gif

it has grown to:
the 131 if it impresses me
improvise blush
porcelain pink

miss sha

Damn... at this point, I'm either going to buy all of the MSFs or get up early on the 9th and drive an hour to my nearest MAC, swatch, and buy everythin anyway. XD

GlamQueen21

^At first I was going to get all of the MSFs too but I narrowed it down to 2 since I'm going to be cutting down on all of the summer collections while Love That Look and Makeup Art Cosmetics will break my wallet in half lol

purrtykitty

Those blushes and MSFs are pretty, but the more swatches I see, the more they look like frost-city.
thmbdn.gif
No thank you.

I am interested in Colour Crafted l/s, Madly Creative l/s, and Miss Marble l/g (as much as I despise the square tubes). I'm still thinking about Girlish Romp and Natural Flare MESs, too. I may cave and get Cheeky Bronze since that seems to be the least frosty of them all.

xmizlynnax

i'm so excited about all the mineral stuff in this collection! the MESs and the MSFs.. it's going to be so hard to decide. i am definitely going to pick up the duofibre brush though.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by saab
Thanks Erine for all the lip swatches , i am lemming lipglasses now .. how sheer is miss marble ? anythg like the cremesheen glosses ?

These aren't sheer at all! These are a mix of three lipglasses. They're just as opaque as lipglass, because it is lipglass. They aren't sheer like the cremesheens or the tricolors.

BrokefromMAC

Does anybody have advice for what I should get? I am a NW25 right now that will get to a NW30 when I get a tan. I only have Light Flush and Warmed MSF and I want to add to my collection. I am also interested in the blush Improvise, I think that is the name. I have no idea what would work best for me and since I am fairly new to MSF's I have no idea what textures they are. I am drawn to PP , Cheeky Bronze, and Triple Fushion, but whether any of those would look good is another story lol. I don't want any MSF that are too metallic or glittery. I am looking for something to give my skin a glow for summer.Any advice would be great. TIA
greengrin.gif

trojanchick99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzsallyb
i have the chance to get this blush (over retail price), is it really that great?

I'm NC37-40 and I love Other worldly. The texture is amazing, buttery like a VP eyeshadow, and for me the color is beautiful over blush. It gives my cheeks a warm glow that isn't frosty or too metallic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac

I have honesty but hate the texture. When I run out of other worldly I will check out trace gold unless I like one of these mineral blushes/MSFs better which is likely.

kyoto

Angelbunny, what's your take on the 131? I see all your lovely swatches posted with the brush.

NeonKitty

Erine & Angelbunny, what brush/implement do you use to do your swatches? They are always so clear and clean. Wondering because I'd like to make my swatch photos a little better down the road.

AngelBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoto
Angelbunny, what's your take on the 131? I see all your lovely swatches posted with the brush.

I adore that brush ... it seems much denser than the other duo fibre brushes and I can't wait to try it for foundation. It is extremely soft ... I would def. recommend getting it. Even if not for foundation, I am sure you will find a way to love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKitty
Erine & Angelbunny, what brush/implement do you use to do your swatches? They are always so clear and clean. Wondering because I'd like to make my swatch photos a little better down the road.

I just use my fingers honestly ... and the only base on my hand is the residue left from MAC wipes and sanitizer. Thanks for the compliments on the swatches ... I have to give the camera props for that.